Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

How far do go with makeup? How much time do you spend getting made up? what are your favorite products? What make up products do you use? Or do you use any at all? When I think about it, we could have divided this one into several smaller polls.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Michelle Wilmington. Reason: wasn't finished with poll, thought of more options

I always prefer to do full makeup when I can, that is when I have the time for it. It can take me up to an hour or more to get it as best I can. But sometimes I’m short on time and will do partial, or minimal makeup. I’m by far no pro, but have gotten better over time. For those of you just starting I’d urge you to take the time to learn how to do makeup the best you can it is well worth the effort, better yet, get a professional makeover if you can, they will often explain how to apply it while they are doing it, what’s the best brands, products to use etc.

Emily
      Lady

I came very close to “all of the above” here. I wear a light application of makeup most every day. Mascara and lipstick are definite must haves! I’ve experimented (with little success ) with false eyelashes. Those take some practice, as does eyeliner, but the results are worth the effort. When you get it right, you never want to take it off!

Anonymous

I have been using make up since I was around 16 to help cover up acne, pimples, etc… As things started to get worse redness, I found it was easily to get more detailed with the make up rather than just covering up specific areas.  So where I started with concealer, I moved to foundation with concealer… noticed the foundation helped a lot, but started making myself look more artificial… loose powder help a lot and pressed powder really help with touch ups… Using bronzer as a way to give my face some shape back to it was a great step.

I eventually said if I am using all this everyday, why not trying out some simple eye shadow and lip products.  At the end of the day make up has been a journey for me and I see no reason why it isn’t something everyone uses.

At the bare minimum everyone should at least look into some kinda of BB Cream with SPF in it, along with some eye make up; even if it is just eye serum to help with bags.  I don’t see what the big deal is, everyone can benefit from it… even if you are using a little concealer.

When I put on my first wig a year ago and looked at myself I thought No, No way this crossdressing dream of mine will ever work, I looked like a guy with a wig on and a light but trimmed beard, it was not a good look at all!!. So that’s when I thought “Makeup” need makeup, and I set out to learn all about makeup watching hours of  YouTube videos on which makeup does what, which is the best and not so good, what do I need and what order to apply it. It was a fun and interesting challenge and when I shaved the beard and got all glammed up with the same wig and looked in the mirror I said Oh Yeah this will work and I was very pleased with my looks, it does takes me some time to put my face on but I know over time I will get quicker at it. When I do finally get out there in pubic my matto about makeup is going to be “Don’t Leave Home Without It”

I know what you mean DeDee. My makeup story is much the same and I learned everything I know about it though YouTube and trial and error. It’s amazing what a difference a good makeup job can make. Their are some women out there who won’t ever let their husbands see them without makeup.

Don’t leave home without it? Absolutely right! I like that!

M.

Anonymous

I can do my makeup and heaven knows I have a lot of makeup of my own I luv Ulta beauty and tonight I almost joined a makeup group for women who love makeup on meet up I am on a path may be a slower pace than I want to becoming Jasmine

Always use my full makeup routine. I do have different colors and styles depending on my mood and where I go but 95% of the time I stick to my Go-To set. I believe that the better quality product are worth the $ and almost everything I have is Lancome. It works well for me and I never have issues even in 100 to 105 degree temps.

I have not timed myself but would guess around 45 to 50 minutes for this including a super good shave first. I never rush and don’t always do it start to finish. I might shave and apply foundation then look at clothes then more makeup etc. I would say I use the standard products that most women use-primer, foundation (no beard cover needed), eye foundation, mascara, brow pencil, eye liner palettes, powder, blush, lip liners, lipstick.

Sandy

When I am fully dressed as Michelle,I am always in full makeup.I had a makeover session from my MaryKay consultant a few years ago and I loved it.Yes,I know I am dating myself ,but Mom and my aunts never left the house without makeup and perfume.After makeup ,my wig goes on and Michelle is good to go.I wonder if Mom ever knew she was also teaching me how to be a lady?

My minimal makeup:

Close shave.
      Concealer over beard/moustache areas, sometimes under eyes and elsewhere as needed. Blend.
      Quick dust of setting powder to play down concealer.
      Mineral foundation all over face and down neck.
      Eyeshadow. Something dull brown or grey, just on the eyelid.
      Eyeliner. Black pencil, upper lid only.
      Mascara. A quick brush on each eye.
      A touch of blush. Not much.
      Lip pencil for shape. Lipstick for shape.
      Slap on the wig. Good to go

I can do all but the close shave in under 15 minutes these days.

I take a foundation stick and the lipstick out with me as a bare minimum so I can touch things up if needed.

For me, it was, at first, YouTube videos to build up the courage.  2 years ago, I got a professional makeover and I was hooked.  Then, from that same makeover artist, I took a makeup lesson from her.  She was thorough, with video and written instructions.  Now, I have my bare minimum routine.

Close shave

Primer for my face (Mehron) & eyeshadow primer for eyes and brows (Urban Decay age defying)

Beard cover (Mehron Creamstick, light auguste)

Foundation (same product, but in medium olive)

Powder (Cover Girl)

Bronzer to reshape my nose, hide my browbone

Blush (mocha color)

Highlighter (I use an Urban Decay nude eyeshadow)

Brows (dark brown)

Eyeshadow (in both pink blush & taupe)

Eyeliner (brown)

Mascara (no false lashes, thankfully)

Lipliner & lip gloss

Whole thing takes me about 45 minutes, tops.

Wow Emily! That’s your minimal makeup routine? How long does the full on routine take? My Minimal is about 15 to 20 min tops, my full-on an hour or more, Includes nails, false lashes, and contouring. not only on my face, but cleavage, arms, and the back of my hands.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I love putting on makeup, sadly it has been a few months since the last time I was able to apply a full look.  Hoping to be able to again really soon. Just need to rebuild the supplies.   i will say a little eyeliner, lipstick and mascara can go a long way.

I don’t have any make-up or use it on a daily basis. I don’t know how to apply any of it. I’ve had two full make-up applications done this year and loved the difference it made. Learning how to apply make-up is in my future goals.

Last Friday was the 1st time for me to wear makeup. I used foundation, lipstick, and ey shadow (my profile pic is from then if you want to see and give advice). Since then I have bought eyeliner and powder, but won’t be able to do it again till Friday.

Anonymous

I use a primer and/or concealer, depending on how much time I have.

Foundation is a must – I don’t always wear makeup, but when I do, I brush my foundation to make it nice and even and natural looking.

Lipstick and mascara likewise. Essential!

For a night out, I will do eyeshadow and some basic contouring. I’m still getting the hang of these, likewise blusher.

A little powder to fix it – haven’t got around to eyebrows yet, but they’re next!

This is a really fun adventure in art to me, so I’m really keen to keep working on the basics and add gradually.

Makeup is such fun!

Love Laura

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I dress pretty much everyday. I only do makeup 2 or 3 times a week. Unfortunately although Ive been dressing a long time, I’m not very good with makeup. It takes a long time for me to apply it, then I have to remove it.

Dressing in everything else only takes a few minutes.

MAC: oil control, concealer, foundation, powder, lipstick, lip liner
      NYX: primer
      DERMABLEND: setting spray
      Cover Girl: mascara, eyebrow pencil

Samantha’s Easy 10 Step Make-up Routine

People have ask me how do I apply my make-up and what products do I use when I apply it. So here is the easy 10 step process of MY makeup application routine, I know everyone has their own way, and I may be applying my makeup 100% wrong, but once again this is what works for ME. I will do my best to explain all MY steps, and the products/brushes I use in the best detail that I can.

Face Prep: I wash my face really well, and shave with a fresh sharp razor. We want a fresh clean oil free platform to work with. So lets begin the show!

Step 1: Start with a basic pore filling primer. I just use my finger to apply the pore filler around/on my nose, forehead and cheeks. Pretty much anywhere my pores are huge is where I apply the pore filler!  (Product: Maybelline: Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer)

Step 2: False Lashes. I glue my false eyelashes on at this time, this allows me to fumble around with them and not mess up my makeup. Use a small amount of lash adhesive on the false lashes, wait about 30-60 seconds then apply them to you eyelids. Sometimes I’ll use the back of a small brush to push the false lashes into place on my eyelid. (Product: MAC: 33 Ingenue lashes, Kiss: Ever EZ Lash Adhesive)

Step 3: Foundation. Apply the foundation with a basic egg shaped Sponge Blender. The foundation should be applied lightly all over the face and applied thicker around the beard area of my face. Concealer is also applied lightly under eyes and heavy around the beard area. Make sure that the products blend well, you don’t want to have streaks on your face.  (Product: MAC: Full Coverage Foundation NC35, MAC: Studio Fix 24-Hour Smooth Wear Concealer NC25, Basic Egg Sponge Blender)

Step 4: Powder and bronze. I Lightly dust loose powder all over my face and neck with a large powder brush. Then I add bronzer to the outer edges of my face using a contour brush. Don’t go crazy this is just to contour a little bit. (Product: MAC Studio Finish Face Powder, Physician’s Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer, Brushes: Tweezerman iQ Powder Brush, Urban Studio kabuki contour brush)

Step 5: Blush. Smile and very lightly apply on the “apples” of your cheeks. Don’t put too much or you’ll look like a clown. I sometimes will just finish with one to two light brushes on the nose too. (Product: MAC Mineralize Blush, Brush: Tweezerman iQ Blush Brush)

Step 6: Eye brows. I draw a nice arch for each brow with a small sharp angle brush using dark powder, then go back with a light brown to blend the two colors. (Product: WetNWild Ultimate Brow Kit, Brush: MAC 263)

Step 7: Eye shadows! I love them, I use three different brushes when I apply eye shadow, one brush for each shade. I start with a dark shade of eye shadow on the main part of the eyelid. Then apply a darker shade than the first one used in the crease of the eyelid. After this I use a light shade on the brow bone area. Next, I layer and blend the shades to get the colors to my liking. Last, I use a small brush with a  touch of pure white in the inner corner of my eyes this just makes the eyes “pop” Don’t believe me? Try it! (Product: MAC Pro Eye Shadow (Pro Palette Refill Pans, Brushes: MAC 239/219/224)

Step 8: Eye liner. I start by pulling the outer corner of my eye with my finger then draw a small width line on each I use a liquid liner. I only do the top lid, do the bottom if you like, I do not. (Product: Clinique: Pretty Easy Liquid Eyeliner Pen)

Step 9: Mascara. I use light strokes and not too much mascara on the wand, I don’t want clumps on my lashes. Just coat the lashes, top and bottom, remember it’s not a race, take your time. I sometimes will do the blink trick to apply: hold the wand close to the underside of the lashes and then just slowly blink your eye.  I use two different products, both work well. (Product: MAC: In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara/ Clinique: High Impact Mascara)

Step 10: Lipstick is last and ALWAYS is for me. Start at the bottom lip apply to the middle blot then reapply blot again. Fill in the missing areas. Make sure you don’t go all the way to the corner of the mouth or you look like the Joker. I match colors depending on the outfits. I use a few different products (Product: MAC Liquid lips, and standard MAC lip stick)

Double check everything, you may want to add a little powder here and there, but looking in the mirror….You’re amazing!

Aftermath: So we NEVER sleep in our makeup ladies….EVER!
      Removal, I start with removing the fake lashes first. Next, make-up removal wipes to remove the bulk of it. After that, I use round cotton pads with miceller water. Once everything is pretty much gone I finish with “take the day off” to totally remove the makeup. Now that you have all that makeup off, use a nice face cream to protect that pretty face of yours.  (Product: Neutrogena: Ultra-Soft Makeup Remover Wipes for Waterproof Makeup/Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water/ Clinique: Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips)

Anonymous

Im all in on make up. I Start with foundation, then eye shadow, eye liner and Mascara. After that i apply cheek blush, then powder, and one more layer of blush if the powder dulled it too much. Last, i apply my lipstick. It takes me about 30mins to apply this.
      I generally use Rimmel or Cover Girl, a few LA Colours. Lip stick i look more for the color than the name, and just look for Matte finish because it seems to stays on better and lasts longer.

Chelly

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I think makeup is wonderful and when ever I can make myself up fully I do so. I wear foundation, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and brow pencil. Lastly I’ll use lip liner and then lipstick.  It takes me about 30 to 45 minutes. Unfortunately I do not get to fully make myself up often. However, I do use lipstick often.

Liara

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?