• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ll admit this question is largely for those of us who don’t get to be en femme as often as we like… say once or twice a month give or take… but would love to hear from everyone.

When you know your gonna get a chance to go out or even just get some time to dress do you have a routine… say a week, days or even hours before you go? Do you spend a lot of time making sure your outfit is right? Is what you REALY want to wear?

I’m excited to be getting to wear my new shirt on Saturday and have been going over constantly if the crop I’ve chosen for the night is really what I want, if I should take an extra shirt or something in case I should need/ want to change… what to wear under the skirt, if anything besides one of my thongs(my favorite type of underwear for the weekends anyways😉) do you all have these conundrums?

I guess the first order of business is to determine what outfit will be appropriate for the event. This involves everything from underwear to exterior outfit. Next, the basics. Nails done or touched up.
      Bathe, shave, and moisturize. Next, the make up routine, which will vary based on the type of activity. If it is beach day, moisturizer, sunscreen, lip gloss, that’s about it. If it is a night out, it’s the full mural. Then, get dressed, perfume, jewelry, accessories. Hair is last. I cut off my long hair and rely on wigs now for the variety of looks and presentations (blond, grey, brunette, redhead, straight, curly, classy, long, short or mid-length, just girly or casual) as well as ease of preparation. One more mirror review then out the door.

So about how long is your preparation for your routine sounds like you have a pretty solid one. When do you start thinking about what outfit to wear/ making sure the outfit is ready to go. I assume you’ve been at it long enough to know just what makeup looks good to the outfit you’ve chosen.  How long did it take you to get that organization and stuff down?

Tonya, it took me about a year of trial and error just to get my makeup right. Getting everything else going to where it was pretty easy probably took several months more, mainly because I was living a predominantly male life at the time. By the time I decided to live full time identifying as a woman, I already had it down. In the beginning, I read a lot of fashion magazines and talked to a lot of girls about their routines as the internet hadn’t been invented yet. Today there is an unlimited amount of information at our fingertips. To this day, I still browse youtube and other sights to keep up on what’s new. I try to keep things simple as makeup can make or break our attempts at transforming our male features into feminine ones.
          My routine for clothing selection begins usually the night before if I have a plan for the next day. If not, I revert to the day to day routine. I live a pretty casual lifestyle so I spend most of my days in casual clothes, which makes that part easy and relatively quick. When you are already wearing panties and a bra it doesn’t take much time to pull on some shorts and a tank top. It’s the makeup that determines how long things will take. I have spent over an hour getting my makeup right for a special occasion. It takes practice to get each stop right, especially eye shadow and eye liner. Can’t substitute practice. Everything else is relatively quick. If it isn’t a beach day or stay at home day, I would say on average my daily routine takes an hour, a night out will take two hours to prepare.

Thanks Danielle!

Ohh… I forgot about the nails! To do a good job… means applying at least three and sometimes four layers! The primer, 1st coat, 2nd coat and clear coat.
        Means a good two hours playing on my iPad! My wife told me that some of her girlfriends always do their nails when they feel hungry… by the time they finish, their hunger pangs have disappeared.

Polly xxx 💅🏼💄👄👩🏽‍🎤

Anonymous

Following this with interest. April 10 – my first night out – is 3 weeks away & I’m thinking I’m crazy worrying already. A woman in our office told me recently it takes her an hour & a half to get ready…and I laughed.

I’m not laughing now.

My first time planning on dressing will be tomorrow and I’ve been worrying about it since I bought my first skirt last sunday… I have so many things running around through my head right now its not funny.  I have a time set to meet a female friend to do my makeup and my SO is supposed to do my hair and nails. I can’t wait but keep worrying what if I look terrible what if something doesn’t match the way I want it to… over and over…

Whatever you decide to go with, wear it with confidence! The people that support you will love you anyways, and while it would be nice if strangers thought you looked good, in the end their opinion doesn’t matter anyways. Love yourself, you deserve it!🤗💞

Anonymous

I know for me if i have the time about 2 hours to do makeup, thats including time to fix mistakes,which unfortunately happens often.

The make up is the longest time usually picking an outfit seems easy, but then again i dont know what others may think of my combinations but i don’t think they are to outrageous.

Even if it took longer to get ready,its the final result and feeling,which would be worth it even if it took all day. Kisses💋💋

Tonya Sweety,

Previously, in my life of male privilege, I would fret and fume when my wife would chop and change!
      Now… I understand! The pre-clothes stage can go amazingly fast now but when I pull that dress over my head and… it doesn’t feel right! Grrrr…
      The number of outfits strewn around the bedroom is astounding as are the near tantrums 👺
      Finally, I get the right outfit together and find the jewellery isn’t right or I don’t have the right scarf to match… or, God forbid, the wrong coloured handbag!
      Double Grrrrrrr…
      Now, here comes the most crushing moment… you look in the mirror only to find the 24 hour lippy you applied earlier is just… WRONG!

Sometimes getting dressed to go out is more frustrating than playing golf!

Polly sounds like a tiger! Grrrr

Everyday outings only involve a minimum of makeup, outfit decisions, accessories, etc.  This usually takes an hour to hour and a half.

Nights out or special occasions usually start a day or two ahead, picking the right ensemble of skirt, blouse and shoes.  I have 2 over the door racks that I can hang a couple of outfits on while I mix and match the looks I want.   Leaving them up for a day or so let’s me see them and correct the pairings if I need to.

Jewelry is pretty easy. Silver if I am wearing a dark colored blouse, gold for lighter colors.  Rings, watch and bracelet will be the same color as the necklace and earrings.  I don’t wear a lot of makeup, so that usually doesn’t take too much time.  Bathing, shaving and skin care take most of time though, along with brushing and styling my wig.

So, most days are not much fuss, while others take over a couple of hours.  I do break the longer times up, getting my outfit just how I want it one day, taking care of my wig and cleaning my jewelry the next, then putting it all together the day of the event.  I do also keep some clothing already together, just in case there a short notice thingy happening.

PaulaF

Great question Tonya and I loved reading the replies.

Preparing really varies for me but some is routine. Makeup stays similar in most cases though a very casual day might use some overall different tones. Lipstick seems dependent on my mood and where and what I am doing.

If I’m doing something more special I will usually start thinking up to a week in advance of possible outfits but honestly the decision is made when I am getting ready and putting on makeup. If I have traveled out of town I might take 2 to 5 different outfits. I definitely have some GoTo fav outfits and while I lean towards those it’s fun to be a little different. Can’t say I always dress to blend in but I always try my best to be 100% Put-together with everything I wear including jewelry and other accessories.

Underneath items I don’t sweat other then making sure everything fits, like proper color bra or one where cleavage of top does not show bra-things like that…

I think the most difficult outfits to choose were the days when I was looking for a new sports car and going to quality dealerships for this. I was rather apprehensive about this while in fem but it worked out fantastic. After this there was no stopping me.

I bet you will look great in your new outfit Tonya!

Sandy

When at home it’s fairly straight forward. I will pick out an outfit that fits the occasion and where we are going and makeup that compliments the outfit. When we go camping it’s a whole different situation. Have to keep an eye on the weather forecasts for the area we are going to decide what to take along and also the length of our stay (usually 4 days to 2 weeks). But you always have to prepare for changes from the forecast. With limited storage in our trailer (no walk-in closets) I need to pack somewhat sparingly. Most often a couple pair of jeans, a couple skirts, tops, a couple of sun dresses, panties & bras. This also includes shoes, most often a pair of tennis shoes, a couple different pair of sandals and a pair of flats. Then there is my makeup case and a jewelry bag with a small assortment of earrings and such.

Anonymous

I usually start to dream of what to wear, then underwear a couple of days prior to my outing, then on the day going out it takes me close to two hours do to my makeup, dress and do my nails! This causes sometimes a small “problem” when in hotels as have to get up early as breakfast stops at a certain time in the morning. As for an evening out, I prefer the somewhat more expensive restaurants as guests (and staff) more polite; love being treated “madame”!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?