• This topic has 36 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I refer to Dave as my twin. So when I go shopping. I don’t get as many questions

K Swim
      Lady

I consider myself to only have one side. I’ve never had to explain it to anyone else because I buy online.

Anonymous

Definitely drab! When i’m not wearing my panties and stockings and or pantyhose I am out of synch.

Drab. Because that’s how I feel – it’s like comparing a pretty butterfly to a boring grey moth!

Anonymous

I think of Bettylou as “me”, and my male side as my alter ego.  And “drab”  is an adverb used to describe how I am dressed, when applicable.

I have to select other.  I don’t see myself as two different  personas.  I am me regardless of the clothes that I wear.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

It is me just presented a little differently. I find the femme mode to be more relaxing and expressive.

Drab me, is like the loving parent that understands and allows Samantha the “twenty-somehting” wild child to go out in the wild, to go on Pink Fog shopping spree to Sak’s, have drinks with friends, and just be her, to find herself in this crazy place. I guess Drab me helps bank roll, a part of me I love very much, but can never really share with the real world as life has a way of degrading and then destroying oddities that do not conform to the norms of life. I guess I ran with this one a little.

-SR-

K Swim
        Lady

“Bank roll” ?? Well I guess that kind of sums it up.

I had to think for a moment. I donnot ever remember thinking my male side it always has been my female side or the woman in me . It has been me and her. The male having control when she was seen or not or when she was let out. My fear has always been she would get control and never want to be hidden again. I believe that is the case right now. She has control just because I am just tired of hiding her. She has been consistently pushing to get out..  Thank you for the question. I Got to look at  from a another view Luv Stephanie ❤️

Exactly D.R.A.B. Dirty. Raggedy. And BLAAAH!

Anonymous

I chose other.  For me it’s virtually two people inhabiting one body.  When Annie, I am her (although after my makeover yesterday she does remind me of a sister that I never had) heart, mind and sole.  When not Annie I am the other person.

I simply refer to it as “male mode”. And like many of you each side is their own person, although my male side is the most dominant one, once I do let Michelle out even a little bit, it’s all the way or nothing.

I’m not two people.  I’ve been at this CD thing for a long time.  More than 50 years ago, I thought it was a burden and wanted to be free of the desire/need to engage in the feminine.  But for many years now I have realized how fortunate – indeed blessed – I have been to know and experience the influence of my femininity as well as my masculine nature.  Although I’m not sure what it truly means to be gender fluid (I’ve seen it defined in conflicted terms), I think that is what I am.  Nonetheless, I have adopted “Falecia” to separate my communication efforts because it’s less confusing.  But I’m still just me!

FAM

I use the term ‘en homme’  or sometimes man mode;   ‘en femme’ for when dressed.

Tina Thompson
      Duchess

I voted “other” because my two “sides” are really just the same person wearing different clothes.  I *am* more relaxed and confident en femme, but still, deep down, it’s just me whether I am wearing a little black dress or a suit and tie.

Anonymous

I’m with you Tina , however how my wife has several ( tasteful ) references depending upon how she’s feeling & the vibe she’s sensing in me . Those references are her husband , her wife or her person , this is in public & private , Tiff ☺

I almost feel like my male personality and my female personality are like Siamese twins in a perpetual conflict. Like the character in the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Total Recall who has another person living inside of him who is wise and powerful and insists on coming out and being more dominant, my efforts as a host body trying to keep my female persona under control are becoming more and more useless as the years go by. My male side is faltering with all its inherent weaknesses and failings while my female side is strong, sexy and self confident to the max. Resistance is futile. It’s almost like a kind of schizophrenia overpowers me and she HAS to come out or I will lose my mind entirely. So be it. Can I also say here that I hate the term “drab”? It’s not a good term to use about our decision to dress up and realize our feminine sides. It’s pretty derogatory and does nothing to lift our self confidence as hidden women.

drab<sup class=”lr_dct_ent_hi”>1</sup>
      /drab/
      Learn to pronounce
      adjective
      1. 1.
        lacking brightness or interest; drearily dull.
        “the landscape was drab and gray”
        synonyms:colorless, gray, grayish, dull, dull-colored, washed out, neutral, pale, muted, lackluster,lusterless, muddy, watery;

lightish brown, brownish, brownish-gray, mousy, dun-colored;
        dingy, dreary, dismal, cheerless, gloomy, somber, depressing
        “the landscape was drab and gray”
        uninteresting, dull, boring, tedious, monotonous, dry, dreary, wearisome;
        unexciting, bland, nonstimulating, unimaginative, uninspiring, uninspired, insipid,lusterless, lackluster, vapid, flat, stale, trite, vacuous, feeble, pallid, wishy-washy,colorless, limp, lame, tired, lifeless, zestless, spiritless, sterile, anemic, barren, tame,bloodless, antiseptic;
        middle-of-the-road, run-of-the-mill, commonplace, mediocre, nondescript, characterless,mundane, unexceptional, unremarkable, humdrum, prosaic
        “a drab suburban existence”
        skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Important to note that both drab and drag are historical theater references use by Shakespeare as to whether a particular role was to be played DRAB -Dressed As A Boy- or DRAG-Dressed As A Girl. Not the standard dictionary definitions of the words drag and drab.
        Cyn

Cyn, I read that it’s folklore that Shakespeare used DRAG/DRAB as acronyms.  I suspect these are backronyms, mnemonics created after the fact to help remember or give an alternate meaning to the word.

Anonymous

Bryan is the shell I live in, I am Heather

Emily
        Lady

We share a “shell” name. Bryan is my given name as well.

BOBBY THE BOY ,GIRLY BUT BUTCH ,WHEN I NEED TO BE A TOUGH BXXH ,I STILL REMIND HATERS THIS CD HAS CLAWS AND BITES , SO MY BUTCH SIDE WOULD BE MY DEFENDER ,I DO HAVE A BLACK BELT ,SO THIS SISSY CAN HANDLE THINGS , THATS BOBBY THE BOY

Marianne
      Ambassador

Like many others have expressed, I am me regardless of what clothes I am wearing, and that ‘me’  is predominantly female in spirit. Talking specifically about my male side or presentaion I mostly use that expression with those who only know me as Marianne and my given name among those who know both sides of me.

<p style=”–original-color: #333333; –original-background-color: #ffffff;”>I said other because I always say “when I’m in him mode” not meaning anything bad it’s just I am me and he is him I know it might sound strange . But I try to keep the personas separate, anyone else crazy?</p>

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

For me it’s usually “male mode” or more accurately “stealth Cyn mode” as I am always in al or mostly female clothes -just not always obviously so without close observation.I have come to realize that Cyn is the part of me who makes me the person I am. I used to think of two personalities haring the body , but now think of myself as one person with many facets.
      Cyn

I’m two different beings.  I  like my male side, but I love my female side very deeply.  I feel that I was socialized into my male life in which I strove to build a successful, loving, and rewarding existence.  I was so successful in this endeavor that I could never leave or eliminate that part of me.   My family times are simply so very special and meaningful to me. If I had been socialized as female I know that I would have been more content, peaceful, and so happy to live with absolutely zero internal struggles.  My brain and sole have no doubt always been female, and so it is truly my catch 22!!!!!!

When changing back to male clothes, it’s either back to Man Mode, or Back to Boring, or Back to Normality (not what I call normal, just what people expect of me !)

I have an alter ego one male one female, I don’t think there are two of me, if I talked to any one I would never mention the other me, boy or girl it is still…..me!

Sally xx

I have moved from using DRAB to using Handsome Husband after reading Scarlet’s article.

While I am not offended by DRAB/DRAG I like the sound of Handsome Husband because while being Paula is great fun, I still love my wife and doing Handsome Husband things.

I prefer not to even address my male side, i find it dull, boring, beige, whatever!!! everything male to me is just plain unexciting! just look at male clothes! how boring can you get, even my male wardrobe is ultra sparse. No, i have no interest as a man whatsoever, i feel Femme, i love being Femme, i wish i had been born Femme, i cant say any more.

Fiona xxx

Does not matter a jot how I present – male or female, both are equally me so that is generally how I refer to myself – I, me etc.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

I am a twin as I have two spirits

I’m gender fluid with a feminine spirit. I live my daily life and work as a man. I have to keep my feminine side secret in my daily life. Although, I’m finding ways to incorporate female traits. Personality wise, my male and female versions are total opposites. My male side is more shy and introverted. My female side is more open and sociable. When I’m among the CD/TG community I refer to my male presentation as “male mode” or DRAB.

Anonymous

Me. As I learn more about myself, I recognize my self as a trans woman who is starting to ponder the transition question. I have lived a fruitful life in a male role (Husband, Father, Friend, Career) and that is part of who am I as well. I would much rather be the woman inside but it is does not lessen my life.

K Swim
      Lady

I find a lot of my money goes towards my dressing support.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?