Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

When dressed en-femme many have mentioned their overall appearance in terms of age is reduced. If this is true for you, how many years off your actual age does dressing en-femme reduce?

10-20 years younger I hope.  I choose younger colorful fashion with blond wigs.  I am also happier when dressed and I think a smile makes you look younger.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi April, that’s an interesting question, and one I really don’t want to think about too much.  But since you asked… well, as opposed to the vast majority of people prior to the late 1800’s who had no choice, I don’t spend a lot of time in the sun, although I do go out, I just use a hat or sunscreen of just not lay out for hours (I do tan quite easily, so I don’t have to work at it and when I do get tan, I cut my sun time even more). And as opposed to most people (at least here in the USA) that left their farm jobs to begin working inside, and then immediately took up smoking, which again prematurely aged people faces especially, I’ve never smoked.

I’ve also worked at keeping my weight reasonable and trying to eat appropriate foods in moderation (although I do have a weakness or two).  Finally, I do work out occasionally, not as much as I should (or could) but I do a lot of walking when I force, I mean encourage myself to.

All these, I have to believe have kept me looking younger than what I remember people of my age now, looked like back 20-30-40 years ago or more.  Take a look at the early Bogart-Bacall movies.  He was 38 going on 50, and she was 19/20 going on early to mid 30’s. That was the example held up for coolness in that era.  No longer.

So, I’m not particularly trying for an age bracket in my dressing, but I’ll be darned if I ever fall into the black baggy full dress with little purple flowers on it with a white lace neckline look. Please, just kill me if I ever do.

I think you should dress to make yourself feel good and be darned about what others think.  I will say that I have ‘tried’ different styles, and I now prefer basic classic styles, nothing showy nor trying to look significantly (read lots of years) different than I am, but still keeping reasonably stylish.

Hugs, ChloeC

LOL….”So, I’m not particularly trying for an age bracket in my dressing, but I’ll be darned if I ever fall into the black baggy full dress with little purple flowers on it with a white lace neckline look. Please, just kill me if I ever do.”

I feel exactly the same way. CD does give me a significant amount of motivation to eat healthy and stay in shape.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I feel about 30 years younger, though I doubt I look it! For me it’s more about how it makes me feel anyway.
      💕Lara

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

It used to look  10-15 years younger but as I have moved into my “mid 70’s”, everything from the jawline down has “drooped”.

So now I feel like I’m aging “disgracefully” and guess what?? i intend to keep that process happening..

I adore silk nightwear, but I do firmly believe, this “silk purse” is a LOT closer to the “sow’s ear”.

Now ask me if I care? cos I don’t.. Too old to worry about doing anything about it..

Caty

Trish White
        Baroness

Hi Caty, I’m not far behind you, I’ll be turning 72 soon. I checked out your pics and I think you’re doing yourself a disservice. I loved your black jacket and skirt pic the best and I think you look very nice.

Cheers,

Trish

30 years plus, altho I do not look my age wen in drab , When I tell someone my age they do not believe me, since I am 69 yrs young

Trish White
        Baroness

You definitely have the right genes Gina. I checked out your pics and you are gorgeous, absolutely not looking 69. I am almost 72 and although I don’t look too bad for that age it’s definitely beginning to show 🙁

Love,

Trish

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That’s a ‘Mirror Mirror on the wall’ question. I am officially at retirement age and if I am asked my age which, by the way, a lady should never be asked, I am met with surprise and am told I look younger. In my youth 40 was it, you were ‘over the hill’. Now with a better lifestyle, contemporary clothes for the mature woman and a bigger range of makeup, a more youthful look can be achieved – without surgery. A woman also has a range of foundation wear that can accentuate the figure and we girls can take advantage too. As good as we look it is how we feel inside and physically as with age comes those little creaks and groans that remind us of our true age. We may have full color movie star looks but have that grainy black and white underneath.

Spent the better part of a lifetime engaged in fitness pursuits and proper diet and it’s paid off with a figure that still not half for a mid-‘60s matron. That combined with my ethnicity and probably good genes has also left my face fairly wrinkle free so that in male mode I present about 10 years younger and that’s boosted at least five more years en femme.  Such a wonderful gift to be able to enjoy now that I’ve finally freed myself to do so.

*** Kayla ***

That’s fantastic Michaela!

Trish White
        Baroness

Aren’t genes a wonderful thing when they work in your favour Michaela. You look stunning, I’m almost 72 and age is starting to show but I must count my blessings. Have a great weekend.

Love,

Trish

Thank you Trish. Genes or not, the magic of makeup sure worked for me in that photo! A visiting relation who really knows her stuff did my face for it and I’m still working on my skills to try and match her work. Hugs,

*** Kayla ***

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I do think that the magic of makeup helps you look younger.

Hugs, Liara

Hi Ladies,
      Well, after posing this question as forum topic I forgot to mention my thoughts. Now this of course is MY opinion. I feel roughly 15 years have been taken off my age due to the makeup, hair style and general good feeling(I smile a lot more!

-April

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi April, it definitely takes a few years off being enfem with your make up well done. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours to get ready and I’d say I probably look about 60ish instead of my actual 72. Like the song goes….I love being a girl.

Love,

Trish

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Interesting question April.  I had to think about that.  I have had people generally guess my age about 10 years younger than my 59 years.  Still have most of my hair tho’ its starting to thin, and I’ve had a high metabolism/thin figure since… always.  So no big belly – or big anything –  for me.

I will say dressed up with make up and my hair done makes me feel younger and I just give off a younger vibe.  But it  makes me wish was younger more than anything else!

Stevie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?