Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Okay, I’m a little guilty of clickbait here. But it is true. I have to stop buying women’s clothes.

When I first started, I cleared out almost all of my drab clothes and packed them in boxes and took them to the basement. I have been voraciously buying women’s clothes and my closet is bursting at the seams. I bought a clothes rack at Target for my dresses because the rack on my side of the closet isn’t long enough for dresses. I have used it for my tops and some extremely short dresses. But even though I have used organizing hangers that hold multiple garments, I am out of space. I have over 70 skirts. Most of those are minis and have been easy to consolidate on organizing hangers. But I have a bunch of dresses and long skirts, too.

And the shoes! Glorious, lovely, heels! I have over 30 pairs and I have more on the way (and some more clothes). I keep them in their boxes so they don’t get messed up and I can find them easily. But they are stacked so high that my wife can’t even get to my regular rack to hang my shirts. She just puts them on my extra dress rack and I put them on the other rack since I have a longer reach.

It’s kinda wild. I have more women’s clothes and nice shoes than my wife. Thankfully, she’s pretty cool about it. I do have some early purchases that I may not wear since I found my style. I can clear those out to make more room. But my sister has some of my grandmother’s designer clothes that would probably fit me. She was a classy, elegant lady and even though I like dressing younger, there are times that dressing more mature is more appropriate. She’s gonna bring me some of those clothes so I have to make sure I have room for them.

I do have another closet I could use but it’s filled with paintings. I suppose I could sell them but I’m a borderline hoarder. Time will tell. My only other option is to only buy clothes that can be folded and put in my dresser. I’ll see what I can do to make more space but at this time, I gotta stop buying clothes.

Yup, that’s a lot of clothes girl! Lol

I’ve really had to restrain myself and keep the urge to SHOP reined in.

Good luck Mika, I envy your dilemma!

Thanks, Rei. The addiction is strong. Once the last few orders arrive, it’s gonna be tough.

Krissy
          Lady

I usually buy a few things then i spot a bargain or a killer pair of heels and thats it cant restrain myself for spending money on a daily basis! Last week i had over 36parcels delivered from monday to the following Monday. I have things ive not even taken out of the box or unwrapped yet.

Anonymous

Mika  out with old in with new.  Anything own for more then a year usually give to goodwill to make room for newer styles. Never ending cycle.

I can definitely see myself donating a few of my older things. My oldest stuff isn’t even a year old yet but some of it just doesn’t wow me when I wear it now that I have found my style.

Anonymous

I can’t stop buying women’s clothes, I usually buy something at least once every 2 weeks,  bought some strappy heels and nylons yesterday, can t wait for them to arrive so I can try them on,  buying lingerie is as exciting as wearing them to me,

Krissy
        Lady

There is always something new to buy, even if its a new set of lingerie or tights. Next on my list is a set of breastforms or if im really going for it hormones as i really desire some boobs as ive always wanted them

I had to stop buying lingerie years ago. I have a huge plastic storage tub with wheels that is full. Now, there’s no room for it in my closet and its just sitting beside the bed. I need to go through that sometime and narrow the collection down so it all fits in my dresser. And my wife just have me a dozen of her old bras because I sized down my breast forms and now we have a similar bra size.

Krissy
            Lady

Im getting to a stage where im going to move from just having a divided wardrobe, female clothes on the left and dwindling male drabness to the right! Think when i move to a new place going to have a girly room so i can accommodate all these clothes as getting quite a lot. I must slow down buying things as im spending so many hours browsing for things i fancy! (Clothes) xx

Anonymous

Mika…

Sometimes we are faced with impossible questions….

Is there life on other planets??..did the city of Atlantis really exist??..is the Loch Ness monster real??..can a CD/Trans ever stop buying women’s clothes??..

Good luck on your attempt at the impossible darling!!!

….so many have tried 😂😂😂

Grace xx

Krissy
        Lady

I think you can never have enough clothes ever x

It’s gonna be hard, girl. Hopefully, thinning out the stuff that is kinda boring will help make way for some new things from time to time.

Lol, there re a lot of us in the same boat, Mika, and let me tell you, ITS HARD, lol
      As Grace said, it’s the impossible question, ohhhh, that dress/top/skirt/pair of heels is just so cute, im sure I need it,LOL
      good luck, girl
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

LOL. Yeah, the hardest part is seeing that new top that just came out and knowing how perfect it would be with my favorite skirt. Or seeing the new skirt that is nothing like anything I have.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I hate to admit this but since I haven’t been able to dress much these days. I’ve somehow taken to buying clothes even when I haven’t time to to wear them. Its like I’m vicariously being my Femm self without dressing. Who cares right !   I’m still enjoying myself.

I’m kinda that way. I do dress at home more often than going out but I still haven’t really worn much of what I have. Shopping filled the void.

Peta Mari
      Lady

It’s kinda like all dressed up, and no where to go.

LOL. And that’s quite literally what it’s like for me. I get all dressed up at home just to feel aligned with myself even though I’m not going anywhere. It’s still fun though. This helps me try outfits that I might be unsure about going out in and push my comfort levels with crop tops and ultra short minis.

Krissy
      Lady

Simply put i cant stop buying female clothing as once you buy 1 or 2 items there is always something else i fancy to buy! Been buying lingerie and so many other things since the early 80s and cant see myself ever stopping in fact i see myself being more femme and living full-time one day soon x

That’s awesome! I hope everything works out for you.

I suppose I’ll never totally quit. Styles change, bodies change.

Krissy
        Lady

I think once you have one outfit, i long for a whole wardrobe full! Getting there , not quite ready for a night out as short a handbag and a wig as cant decide what colour to be! Its so hard as been told i look good as redhead (my favourite) but also brunette and a blondie too! Decisions decisions! X

Mika, it is not your fault. Cis women have the same issue so it is only natural that we would fall into the same trap. Manufactures create too many nice Clothes for women and trends keep changing so we need to adapt. And of course our own style keep evolving too so we need to be ready with a outfit that suits our daily needs.

I have to keep my clothes hidden so have a single door wardrobe to use in the Study. I know if I purchase something new more that likely I will need to remove something that either does not suit where I see Sarah going or something I have not worn is a long time. Not easy though as I still have one really Sexy Blue short skirt in my wardrobe that is way too young for Sarah but I don’t what to get rid of it as it feels so good to wear.

I can only imagine the painful task you have of deciding what to wear from so many options each time you dress.

Sarah

First, keep that blue mini because of how it makes you feel. I’m not a big believer in age appropriate clothes. I believe in body appropriate clothes. If you can pull it off, go for it. Situation appropriate is a factor too.

Second, you are absolutely right about wondering what to wear. Dressing at home is easy but before going out, I tend to lose sleep thinking about different outfits I would like to wear. And I never have that problem in drab.

I know the feeling. I only ever dress up at home and have a pretty large collection of clothes. Some I will probably never wear again. It is hard to throw things out but needs to be done.

In fact I will have to go through all my stuff again soon and be stricter.

Yeah, it’s tough. I’m looking at more dresser compatible clothing now. But that’s almost as full as the closest.

Anonymous
      Lady

You know you’re a girl when you can’t stop buying cute clothes and you feel you never have enough. Its an addiction the fashion and credit card industry counts on.

I have a hope chest packed with clothes, a tall wardrobe with hangers on one side and drawers on the other side thats near full, and half a closet filled. All with, you know, must have things like the beautiful long vintage Jackie O coat I know I’ll never wear but I love it.

I have several things I might not wear out. But I can always overdress at home. If I really like it, it may twist my arm enough to get out in it sometime. That happened with crop tops recently. Now I have a dozen on the way.

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Mika. Your reaction to your recent discovery of crop tops was to order a dozen? Yep, I would say you have a shopping addiction. I would love to come to your yard sale for I still have a bit of room in my closet.

LOL! Five of the dozen are being returned because they are way too big. Three were PERFECT. Four more arrived today and I haven’t opened the package yet.

Hi Mika, I’ve reached a similar point. My wardrobe is full my draws full, Shoe draw full. I’m approaching the 1 in 1 out point.

Love Trisha

That’s a good idea. I know I can do that for several tops and a few dresses. I might have to get creative with some more consolidating hangars.

My gg bff also puts multiple similar items or outfits on the same hanger. Strong wooden hangers work best for this.

I have been doing that a little bit, too. My awesome wife surprised me yesterday with another 6 in 1 skirt organizing hanger. Aaaaannnnd there are a few empty spaces on it! LOL

Mona
      Duchess

Mika,

I can totally relate.  Never cared about shopping for men’s clothes but ever since plunging into dressing in a serious way 3 years ago, the urge to shop for new items gets stronger.  There’s so much variety in women’s clothes, shoes, accessories that it’s easy to get addicted to putting together the perfect outfit.  That means matching shoes with dresses, purses, etc. It can be endless.

As far as storing clothes, I can tell you what works for me.  I purchase 95% of my women’s clothes at Goodwill thrift stores.  I usually buy 3-4 items at a time, never more than about $30.  I do not go out…I am content doing photo shoots at home.  Once I’ve got the photos, then there’s really no reason for me to keep holding on to the dress or what have you.  OK, I do keep a few treasured items.  But mostly I return them as donations back to Goodwill.  So it is a complete cycle, and one reason it works for me is that I do not have a great deal of money invested in any particular item.

So, the point is that the photos are my way of holding onto the clothes as opposed to physically storing them for long periods.  Again, this is what works for me because I do not venture out and rarely dress around the house – it’s really just about the photoshoots and then having the photos to look back on, as well as sharing a few here at CDH.

Just something for your consideration.

Hugs, Mona

That’s a neat idea. I do go out about once a month currently. I dress at home a lot more often. I love shopping at Shein because they have incredible sizing information and free returns. I have gotten a lot more picky about what I keep. Some of my earliest purchases might get donated though because they aren’t cute enough for me to wear since finding my style. Back then, I was just happy if something fit. LOL

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It’s like the woman who lived in the shoe – Its not the kids but too many clothes and doesn’t know what to do.

I started buying things and had a box. The box became two. Then I started to fill my wardrobe and storage. I’m gonna need a bigger’boat’

It is addictive and I was buying and trying at first. Now I know my style the rules are, if you buy it you wear it. If there are no more hangers then a cull is needed. I stick to this, well, most of the time.

My sister commented about this and my answer to her was,’You have been able to wear and buy girl’s clothes for all of your life. I have only been able to do it for half mine – I am making up for lost time’

EXACTLY!! I kinda had the same reply to my wife.

[postquote quote=512656]

This is the thing with feminine clothing – one of the (many) great benefits of female clothing is often a particular item is available  in a range of colours and it just becomes so tempting to want to collect the whole set

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Lol, I feel that too at times but….. is it a great benefit, or a great curse?? 😄

Krissy
          Lady

Its a benefit! The range of women’s clothes are so much better than male clothing. Love the detail on womens clothing the fabrics, the styles the lengths and of course the feel too

I’m at that point with a certain skirt from Shein. It’s a high waisted mini with large belt loops. I can wear it and use a wide belt to narrow my waist and hide a little belly fat. I have, at least, a half dozen of the colorways.

Krissy
        Lady

I always go by this, if you like it and they have it in ones size then buy it! And its a bonus if its a bargain! Im always on the lookout for a new handbag or a new pair of shoes? Just love womens fashion and dont think ill ever change, started when i was 8years old and im 54 in October so yes im a lifetime kinda women and dont see it ever changing

Well, my dear Mika, you have a collection.

I have a confession.

My name is Diane and I am addicted to dresses.

Since there are 365 days a year, how can a girl possibly wear the same dress twice in a single year? I’ll wear it again next year.

I’m not that bad. Yet. I do have more dresses than my wife. She is starting to catch up to me though.

Diane

Krissy
        Lady

I have days where i might wear a skirt in the morning and then change into a dress in the afternoon 😌 can never have enough items in ones wardrobe,there is always room for something and im a sucker for shoes or a mini skirt too 🤔

Diane, my wife has pointed out a few times that I have more dresses than she does. I just tell her to buy some more for herself if it’s a problem.

Krissy, that’s my thing too! A mini skirt and heels are just what this girl needs. Occasionally, I change into another pair of shoes partway through the day. Just to see what works.

Even cis-women practice holding back. When you decide to buy another outfit or shoes, donate 2 or more to charity. That will help you scale back. You will probably find there are lots of outfits and shoes you rarely wear anymore.

I do have a few things I know I won’t wear. I’ll probably donate them because they aren’t that cute. Just early purchases that I was happy that they fit.

My goodness Mika, you are in about the same boat I am.

I’ve purchased ALOT of women’s clothing, especially the last bit during the pandemic as I’m working from home and can receive the package without it sitting on the front porch.

We had both closets in the bedrooms redone with proper shelving, and I maxed it out.  I have alot of skirts (not as many as you tho), tops, some dresses, but the big one is one piece swimsuits (120+).  I bought a big plastic bin for the swimsuits only and it is bursting at the seams.

Last year I got rid of alot of clothing that were out of date, i don’t wear anymore, or did not fit.  That freed up alot of room, but I wound up buying it all back and then some.

I know my wife is getting annoyed at me for buying so much, so I’ve had to put a stop to it.  Plus, I’m encountering some big expenses like insurance, vehicle repairs, and a new fridge so I don’t have any more $$$ to spend on clothing.

Krissy
        Lady

Yes the pandemic gave me a real push to plunge further down the rabbit hole but was so worth it as have more female clothes than male in fact i never wear male underwear only wear knickers and bras since the 1st lockdown was declared so something good came out of lockdown for myself x

Whew, girl!!! That’s quite a swimsuit collection. I’m in the same boat with lingerie. I had to stop buying lingerie years ago but I didn’t buy bras back then. I have only bought two but my wife just gave me a dozen of hers.

You girls have taken al my guilt away. Now I know fifty dresses and forty pair of shoes might not be enough. Thanks a bunch. Now I can see the need to maybe buy more.

Krissy
        Lady

Have ten pairs of shoes and 35 or more dresses and skirts, lingerie umm 65items i counted yesterday but i do love to wear the best lingerie money can buy and love trying new colours! That reminds me i must buy some pink lingerie over the coming weekend and a pink mini skirt as got a real passion for pink at the moment 💗

That’s impressive, Michelle. As long as you have the room and all your bills are paid, go for it!

Krissy
      Lady

Quite chuffed with myself as ive managed to go 14days without buying any womans clothes 😄 which is amazing for me as im a sucker for a new pair of heels or new skirt 😀

It hasn’t quite been 14 days yet for me. But honestly, I haven’t checked exactly. I still haven’t received my last order of dresses and heels. Since my wife bought me another 6 in 1 skirt organizing hanger and I only have two slots filled…

😁

Lol. Too funny   I’m pretty sure this is a thing for all of us. I simply can’t stop buying them.   I actually started throwing “his” clothes out to make room for hers.  Maybe subconsciously I was hoping there would only be her clothes to wear some day    SO would not like that ;(

I started packing up drab clothes as soon as I started buying women’s clothes. At the time, a large portion of the drab was too small. I lost a bunch of weight and now most of it probably fits but my racks are so full of women’s…

I have  been  buy a lot  cami style  of tops   specially  the  ones   that  a bralette  with  it

I love those! I really wish I had bought some before I filled my closet and dresser.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I was 18 and got my own place, I began buying all the clothes I had wanted so much for so long. I would buy something, wear it around the house a few times, wear it out, then I had to wear something else. I dressed everyday and often went out. That only increased my desire and need for more and better clothes.

I had way more than I needed but couldn’t stop craving and desiring more.

I definitely feel ya there, Patty. Before I went back to work, I was wearing skirts and dresses around the house every day. Now, I just put on some comfortable shorts and a tee shirt after my shower when I get home. I could dress on the weekend, wear a different skirt each time, and still not wear them all in a year. But it’s nice having options and those clothes are my motivation to stay fit and trim (and possibly a little more trim, lol).

Patty Phose
          Duchess

If not for work, and a few social functions, I would be full time. I dress all the time at home and try to get out when I can. Work is pretty much the reason why I’m not full time.

Anonymous

Before my wife became accepting of Roberta five years ago my wardrobe was very limited.That’s all changed.Now I have about seventy skirts,twelve dresses,twenty five pairs of shoes,one pair of ankle boots,about eighty,tops.An obscene number of pairs of tights/ pantyhose and approximately thirty pairs of panties.And about twenty pairs of pants.

LOL!!! Yeah, that’s the thing about having an accepting wife. I have a few more skirts, over 60 of them are minis. Probably, about 40 dresses. I don’t have a ton of tights and leggings but I have a couple dozen. I do have hundreds of panties though and need to whittle them down. I’m at about 3 dozen pairs of shoes/boots/booties.

The thing is that when my wife says that we should pop into a store and I should go look at the clearance racks, you know I’m gonna find something. But I do have some really early purchases that I could part with to make room. In the early days, I bought a few things just because I was excited that they fit. Now that I have found my style, I probably won’t wear those things and I could do the “one out, one in” thing to have room.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Mika, I’m so with you on this one! I couldn’t dress as much as I wanted during our months and months of lockdowns here in Ontario, and somehow I think I substituted that for buying clothes!

I’m like some kind of addict, saying, “Just one more….., etc.” Of course it’s never simply one more!

Like you, I’m running out of space, so I’m going through my things and ones I’m not so sure about, or that don’t quite fit right, I’m donating. That way I can keep shopping? Right?

Amy

Amy, that’s exactly where i am. I can part with some early buys that I was simply happy that they fit. Now that I have found my style, I know I probably won’t wear them. I still have found reasons to buy. If my wife says that we should go to the shoe store and I can look at the clearance racks, you know I am going to find some shoes. The same goes for dresses. I bought some stuff for my kid at Shein and they had an elegant dress that I was able to nab for $6.75 after coupons and points discounts. How can a girl pass that up?

Mika

I am so with you girlfriend and I’m not even out yet to my wife.  I’m going to have to figure out how to explain that I have much more clothes than her.  When it comes to shoes you will just have to call me Imelda!

hugs

Carole

LOL! Given the average age of us here, most of us get the Imelda Markos reference.

I am a bit curious how you are managing to keep your wife from knowing though.

So I ended up renting a small storage place which is a challenge as it’s not climate controlled and it’s hard to keep track of clothing ☹️

Alice Black
      Duchess

Hey, I am with the rest of the responses on this thread. I love to buy women’s clothes and have to rein myself in as I am retired and have to watch my $. But I have a weakness for certain items (example: sequin evening gowns) and I succumb to the pink fog. I have 2 more gowns I have spotted on Amazon that I know I will eventually buy. Plus, I am going to be going to be going out a few times to meet cd sisters for restaurant meetups  when wife goes away- so I am going to juice up my makeup accessories(watched a makeup video and learned I need more items for making an effective presentation), buy another pocketbook and dive into jewelry accessories. It is so much fun being a girl – female stuff just rocks while male clothing is like flat ginger ale – borrring. LOL.

Alice Black

I’m presently able to buy jewelry. Especially earrings. I got an earring organizer and I have lots of room. Yay! I finally got some sequin cocktail dresses. They won’t be here until Thursday. I think they’ll be great to wear to some of the drag shows that I go to.

I am  not  sure  on this  but  skirts my  kingdom  for  another  denim skirt  or  that  yellow  sport  bra

I got several denim skirts of various lengths and styles. I DO need some sports bras though. And I can put those in my dresser and have no worries about my bulging closet.

Thanks, Lisa. That’s kinda where I am now. Some of my earlier purchases are rather plain and some aren’t as flattering. So, some of that may go. It may need to happen sooner than later because I had success when crop tops recently and I have a bunch more on the way.

Not a bad idea!

I totally understand that. I adore shopping. I love finding the deal. Just yesterday I found a $44 Bali bra on the clearance rack at Kohl’s for $3.80. I didn’t notice many funny looks from people but I really wasn’t looking.

Brianna, you just need to not give a f$*&. I like Ross too. And, honestly, I always shop the women’s section in drab except for one time last December. I don’t care what people think. I could be shopping for my wife for all they know. My nails, eyebrows, and earrings are kinda a giveaway but I don’t care.

Hugs!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?