Viewing 53 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls, sorry i have not posted for a while, family issues have been at the forefront. Now!!! i want to know your favourite hobby or pastime, we are not including crossdressing lol, you might be a keen gardener or love cars, whatever it is share it with us!! this is about you and your other interests 🙂

Love and kisses, Fiona xxx

<p style=”text-align: left;”>One word is not enough. I have no one hobby that dominates the others.</p>
      The top three are cycling, reading / writing, and soccer.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I’m a gamer

Anonymous

Reading for sure. I love my books. I plan on starting my own book in the new year. I’ve been planning it out for years.

J J
      Lady

Outdoor pursuits. I know, thats two words. I run, bike, swim, climb, backpack, ski, just about any outdoor activity that get s me moving and working.

I’ve done all of the above undressed, and some en femme, (run, hike and swim).

I have many, but “dressing” has become my favorite by far.

Anonymous

Cooking, I love to cook. Get in my kitchen, put on some toons, grab a beer and create. I believe everyone has some kind of artistic outlet. Some paint, sculpt, write, garden, build things. I cook, my wife has been told that she’s spoiled as I do most of the cooking now I’m retired.

Anonymous

Hi Fiona

Boating is my escape.  I just bought a new one this past spring.  I like fishing OK, but I just like to get and ride, cruise the open waters.

Chelly

long rides on twisty roads on my motorcycle

Anonymous

I garden.  Have a large garden, grow and can freeze.  Feed birds in winter to watch.  Have several more.  Simple hobbies for me for the most part.

DG.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Landscape photography.  I integrate it into the other things I love to do – hiking, backpacking, climbing, and biking.

Angela
      Lady

I enjoy gardening, working on my old car, and going to the dessert to ride. We haven’t been to the dessert for a while but plan on going this season. It’s one of the best family activities. We have so much fun the entire weekend.

my first thought was writing but that is really work now so i would say hiking and backpacking usually alone. i find I need time away from people.  i am looking at the Purple Rain hiking skirts now. ☺️

Anonymous

For me, that’s a more difficult question than it first seems. Right now, finding my way on this CD journey takes up much of my time. Otherwise, I like to play with (not play on) my
      computer ( I run Linux OS), and listen to original Dixieland jazz music, also on my computer.

Traveling.  I thoroughly enjoy traveling around the USA.

Hi Fiona,

I was going to say cross dressing and shopping but you ruled that out.  I’d have to say listening to new music titles I find at music stores and on line.

Alice

Music.

I love reading as much as possible and going to museums, any type of museum because you see and learn so much that you might not have known before.  It is especially fun since back during the bicentennial when almost all the small towns started constructing their own for people to come and see what they were all about.

PaulaF

Anonymous

watching sports and playing golf in the summer and bowling in the winter

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Tough one for me to choose Fi.  I would say Genealogy, Reading, and Watching old movies.

Stevie65
      Lady

I have three…. Metal detecting (includes looking up the history of abandoned towns) Playing the bagpipes… and wood carving (includes carving on leather work as well). ok and crossdressing!!! LOL

I really can’t describe my hobby in one word, maybe two, historical reenacting. I have studied and continue to study the time frame between 1780 and 1820. Both men’s and women’s clothing is a large portion of my research from the Hudson’s Bay co, Northwest co to other fur trading companies of the era. The goods including fabric coming from Europe to the Americas was incredible.

It would be interesting, I have thought about a brain tanned buckskin dress, knee high elk hide and fur lined coyote moccasins with elk or buffalo coat.

Chain maille jewelry making (including making and coloring my own medium), writing poetry, martial arts, golf, bowling and renaissance faires.

Anonymous

Maths, where all abstract things can have concrete representations. lol.

Wargaming.

Rachel I used to enjoy playing a game called Ogre when I was in high school and college. Not terribly realistic but a lot of fun. A few air dog fight games as well. They were so much fun
        Hugs

Ogre is a science-fiction game, so is not meant to be realistic 😀 It was released when I was at school, but I never owned a copy (I did have the seque, GEV, though). But I downloaded all of the components for the original Ogre a couple of years ago, so have played it. It’s good fun; still a classic game.

Most of my gaming, and certainly the gaming I prefer, is with miniatures.

I have a blog even:

https://hordesofthethings.blogspot.com/

(Sometimes there are frocks on it because I’m a shamelessly public crossdresser 😀 )

Rachel i remember GEV. I played GEV Shockwave a few time. Large map, seemed like hundreds of counters. A lot of fun. Im making a note of teh blog.
            Hugs

Omg!! you all lead such interesting lives!! i really should get out more!! ok, well, i agree, its hard to sum up your hobbies in just one word so i think i’ll break my own rule too ! oops….

My hobbies? i bet you all want to know? i’m a simple girl really with most hobbies i like.

1. I share Roxy’s view here! MUSIC! i love it and all genres too, its rare you will find me not listening to something.

2. I am a keen Runner.

3. Amateur Radio, i have my own callsign and contact people from all over the world.

4. Restoring all Tubed equipment-we call them valves in the uk, this includes amplifiers, radios etc.

5. Exploring places, we call it urbex in the uk, abandoned places etc.

6. Collecting old Antiquarian books, not so much now, owing to space.

I have not included crossdressing or Makeup techniques because as we all know, i think this would be 1st!!. It is so nice to read that we all have other interests, sometimes we get bogged down in our own little worlds and forget that we are not just crossdressers etc but we are real people living real lives!

Thanks for sharing! keep them coming 🙂

Love and kisses, Fiona-Ann xxx

cars ,Model trains and railroad related item collecting.

Patty

In one word? Sheesh, just kidding.

Music.

That includes a variety of music related things from collecting records, documentaries about, writing, writing about, recording and since I’m writing and recording music also means playing various instruments, mainly guitar.

Anonymous

Backpacking…I love being in the mountains, hearing the sounds, feeling the wind and it’s one place that wearing a skirt is not unusual. I have been on trails all my life and next March plan to hit the AT for a couple months then come back for my daughter’s college graduation then going back for another 4 to 6 months. I have the time so why not.

Carla

i have a Dream of Trau hiking the AT but i am reconditioning from limitation both psych and an amputation.  i plan to do the Florida Trail Fall 2020 then in 2021try theAT

Anonymous

Playing my bass and guitars followed very closely by star gazing astronomy.

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Volleyball.  In a year-round indoor sand court league.  Great way to combat the dreaded and all-too-soon-to-arrive winter doldrums for those of us in the northwoods (US in this case).

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have many and varied interests. My main thing over most of my life seems to be vintage cars, and I have a few rather uncommon ones from 1916 to 1990. They all are roadworthy, and get driven regularly, even the oldest.

I also play piano, write music, I do digital, and old school B&W photography, and have recently got back into woodworking.

Amy

classic car collection Z3, Silver Spur, Silver Wraith, Corniche

Anonymous

I must be a boring girl , I don’t have anything thats a real  hobby except this darn computer and keeping up my little  yard . Oh, My Dogs , No that’s more of a chore , lol

Anonymous

One word Fiona, Life. I was about to generate a laundry list of all the things I enjoy and would not want to live without. However the list just kept growing. So as I said before, Life, pretty much covers it!

Hugs Mina

For me, I suppose it is is a toss-up between drawing and gaming. I love drawing more when I get in the mood, but it is sometimes so hard to get inspired to just sit down with a pencil and a blank page.

I like electric football and metal detecting.

Hi Dawn !
        What exactly is electric football ?
        Hugs

In a word, Mead. Mead is an ancient drink. I have been making batches of mead for the last ten years. I have had up to 12 gallons in various stages of fermentation. Basic mead is easy to make, honey, water and yeast. Alcohol content varies from 14% to 20%. Though there is no instant gratification, since a batch take from 6 months to a year to be drinkable.

There are many verities of mead look it up and get started.

Anonymous

When I’m not wearing bra’s and panties, I like getting dirty and greasy working on one of my cars. It is gratifying to see the results immediately when I fix something on the car.

ChloeC
      Duchess

I wish I could keep it to one word, but I have two passions (besides dressing…of course).  I love to write. Since I can’t live the life I dream, I write about it.  I have a bunch of stories up on one of the boards, and I have about five more right now in various stages of completion (and two poems now on this site). The other is trivia.  I remember the most trivial of things, like from childhood, even, so I’ve put it to good use and go to weekly trivia contests at a local bar. I joined a mixed team and we usually score pretty high taking home one of the top three gift cards about every 3rd or 4th time.  And I very seldom have to pay for a drink.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Music, (broken down, old 60’s rhythm  guitar rocker, here) Used be to be fishing as well, but I sold my boat and moved back to the “big smoke”. I love reading too.

Most recent thing is leraning to fly a Boeing 737……. In a simulator. Which I frequently do underdressed as in today…….Just got home

Caty

SLEEP!!!!!!!!

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I have too many to choose from.  Besides skiing, hiking and cycling, I am passionate about woodworking and woodturning.  I absolutely adore making something out of nothing.

Anonymous

Triathlon!

I became proactive in my health about 10 years ago after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Unfortunately, it and heart disease runs in my family. I began running going from the couch to a marathon in 9 months, please don’t try that yourself as I did seriously injure a knee.

About 5 years ago, I looked for a new challenge and discovered triathlon. I love the variety of swim, bike and run as well as the challenge of not getting slower; at 65 getting faster is not in the cards.

Even though I work out 9 – 10 hours a week, I still call it a hobby

guitar…

playing my guitar is the only time, when not dressed up, that I feel really free & at peace.

I also love to tend to my plants.

[postquote quote=248952][/postquote]
      Debora, I just changed out the water pump in my truck and am working on my roadster all under dressed. Girdle with padded sports bra under my coveralls does not slow me down. It is not distracting but it is interesting the amount of things you bump into with breasts. It gives me a very small (pun intended) idea what a woman goes through working on a car.

Canoe

Fiona thanks for this topic. I feel I know so many of these ladies a bit better now.
      For me it’s Tropical fish. I have been keeping fish off and on since I was about 12.
      I would have liked to have said games. As in board games, card games, and role playing games. But my changing schedules and work locations prohibits forming any lasting gaming groups.
      Now that I have had my first painting lesson, I plan on adding painting to my meager hobbies list, which is wonderful because my wife is an artist and one bedroom is set up as an art studio.
      Hugs
      Autumn

Tammy Rof
      Lady

Motorcycling.

Wind therapy at its finest second would be fishing

Jam making, Baking (cakes mainly), painting and photography

I love to cook anything

Anonymous

[postquote quote=244190][/postquote]
      Hey Tiff, what’s the name of that app? Is it something anybody can use?
      <p style=”text-align: right;”>Chelly</p>

Anonymous

Hiya, I like baking especially bread, slimming down my body, walking and painting.

Hobbies?  where to even start.

Lately, it’s been mostly about learning how to program in Python with my Raspberry Pi and seeing what else it can do.  In the past, I have been known to build custom computer cases, comic collecting, and knotwork as well.  Some other short-lived hobbies also included knife making, blacksmithing, and RC cars.

According to my wife, I do have ADD so it’s no wonder I either jump between hobbies or drop them altogether.

Cynthia

Anonymous

I would love to do that Tiff.  I’m addicted to the weather channel when there are storms moving through any area.

Chelly

In the mind of a storm…..
      “I’m very happy wrecking destruction wherever I go…..
      I’m going to level that town next…..
      Wait, what’s that ? Tiffpocolyse!!!!
      I’m changing direction and going the other way ! “

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?