Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am new here, but I am in need of help my life has been turned upside down. I went on Psychology Today website looking for a psychologist for help that was LGBT+ friendly and everyone I found is not taking new patients or are out of network. So I have been receiving CDH emails for a while and today I read Cynthia’s story , then I read “The future begins with us”, I thought that she was talking about my daughter (she is 13, she knows I CD and supports me). God gave her so much Grace that I could feel it even before she was born that’s why her name is Leigha Grace. Ok back to me, so I am on here now asking for help my world is crumbling away around me and I am so lost. If you know of someone out there that can help please let me know, I can’t let my failures destroy my daughter chance to shine in this world

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I don’t live near you so can’t make a recommendation.  But I think you should be able to find someone if you contact your local LGBTQ support organization.  They will almost surely have a list of good providers.

/EA

Coincidentally, I just watched a video on YouTube yesterday about the worst states for behavior health and substance abuse care. Unfortunately, Georgia is pretty high up on that list.

The video does offer resources to contact. In Georgia, you can visit this page to find your local field office and phones numbers to call. https://dbhdd.georgia.gov/regional-field-offices

I do not know what you will find, but I wish you luck. Take care of that little girl of yours. And yourself.

To view the whole video, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43hq2ooix8I

Hi Scott,

Welcome to CDH.  I’m not from Georgia and the other posts offer great suggestions.  You might also try this resource:

<cite style=”color: #006d21; font-style: normal; word-wrap: break-word; unicode-bidi: normal;”>https://sos.ga.gov/board-professional-counselors-social-workers-and-marriage-family&#8230;

</cite>

Alice

Hi Scott nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here..  As a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also.. Girl there is so much knowledge here to access and learn from so look around and ask many questions of these wonderful ladies here telling there stories about there journeys down the femme road they are on..  When you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Scott as she travels down Her own girly path in life..  Now as for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all girlfriend we are just a simple click away from you.. Please Scott do us a small favor and return to your profile page and fill in more please as this is how we get to know you better.. So once again girlfriend nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon..

Stephanie

Where in GA are you located?

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hello Scott,

Welcome to our CrossDresser Heaven (CDH) site. So glad you have joined us here. Feel free to explore all that our site has to offer.

The Warmth, Compassion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.

Please do make use of the forums and articles or public chat room and friendships offered here on CrossDresser Heaven.

At any Membership level, You can contact any of us via Private Message (PM).  You can find that link on each member’s Wall under their Profile picture.

Also, you may find what you need from: The Help Center or our Ambassadors by using the links in the Top R/H Drop Down 3 bar Menu.

Here is a good link to review the membership levels and the privledges for each. Such as Private Chat (PC), Groups, Additional Photo Allowance, etc.

****** https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/membership-account/membership-levels/

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

Hi Scott and welcome to the CDH family. I’m glad you have joined us and reached out for help. Although I can’t help you find what you seek, there are many beautiful and caring folks here that may have been in a situation similar to yours and can direct you where to look. If you just need someone to talk to, I’ll be more than happy to lend you my ear.

Rose

Use a search string such as:

transgender resources near me

Folks in some of the organizations may be able to provide some suggestions. I suggest not saying the you are a crossdresser as some might take a “so what?” attitude. Many may not be able to relate to that. Save that information for the therapist that you will work with.

Given that you are in metropolitan Atlanta, your chances should be fairly good for finding someone. However, it doesn’t surprise me that so many are not adding new patients. As Flo said: “These are perilous times in the Kingdom.”.

Also, I know someone over in McDonough who does a dressing service for crossdressers and trans women, has tons of outfits for photo taking and is a former make up professional for movie and stage companies. Let me know if you are interested.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?