• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

31 October 2008 is the date that I consider the birthday of Bobbie Angel in Las Vegas Nevada at a place called Just You, the boutique for crossdressers. I was sitting in a makeup chair when Katie, the makeup artist, turn me to look at myself in the mirror. Tears started to well up in my eyes and I was warned that I would ruin the makeup job that just had been finished. I just couldn’t hold it back because I was looking at a beautiful woman in the mirror one that had been hiding inside of me for so long. I saw a beautiful eyes with lashes that were long and curly, eyebrows that are above green eyes. I saw beautiful pink lips cheeks that we were definitely female. I saw blonde hair in a Farrah Fawcett fashion.

And now I look at the way I have progressed since that Halloween of 2008. I am now living full time as a female. I am married to a wonderful woman who is my biggest supporter and ally. We have been married for now going on for years. I really don’t consider myself a crossdresser per se, however my transition is taking a bit longer than desired. I have learned how to do my own makeup and AM quite accomplished at that. I have an extensive wardrobe that I share with my wife and she is always asking me for fashion advice. I have more friends that support me now than I ever did before 2008. My life is happy because I am living authentically as a person that I am.

It all hasn’t been an easy road, there have been several bumps and some of the bumps have turned into small hill. I work at a company that is one of the fortune 500 that supports diversity. So discrimination is almost non-existent and in the workplace. The only discrimination that I have had in the last few years it with my own children. Three of the four of my own biological children have disowned me and have nothing to do with me. However one son and his wife are supportive and I am able to see my two grandson. I’m also fortunate to have two foster daughter’s that are allies of mine and I have four grandchildren with them that I am able to have a relationship with quite often.

I am an activist in the LGBT community in Boise Idaho, a very conservative place. And yes we are making some headway.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Wow what a great story Bobbie. Way to be true to yourself. I’m still meandering along my gender exploration trying to figure out where my final destination will be. Look forward to reaching it but enjoying the journey too! Yo’ll have to post some how tos and advice on makeup on the forums- I know I can use it and so can other members I’m sure. Anyway thaks for sharing and we’ll chat again soon!
      Cynthia

Anonymous

Welcome to the site Bobbie. It seems to me that you’ve come a long way in the time since that chair turned around. May 2008 was when I told my wife of then 26 years that I was a CD. It was a difficult time and finally coming out marked the start of a healing process.

Your experiences on that road to living full time will be encouraging for those who are seeking that path. Like Skippy I’m still meandering along, trying to figure out what direction I need to take, “want” and “need” being two very different words.

I look forward to hearing more of your experiences.

Jane

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?