- November 16, 2021 at 12:23 am #576573Elizabeth(Liz)ParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1782 times
- November 17, 2021 at 2:44 pm #577117Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 468Has thanked: 599 timesBeen thanked: 1651 times
I have not gotten called for Jury duty since I started going out in public dressed. I might go dressed in some fashion…
It depends on how I feel the day I have to go, just like any other day when I choose what I want to wear. 😉
- November 17, 2021 at 2:47 am #576870Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 211Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 1251 times
- November 16, 2021 at 8:25 pm #576809Michelle BrownRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 239Has thanked: 5763 timesBeen thanked: 968 times
I am a court security officer and we make no distinction about our customers as they walk into the court to be screened.The jury notice you receive in the mail is made out to your legal name and that is how,at least in my state,you will most likely be called by the judge.
- November 16, 2021 at 6:50 pm #576779Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6408 times
I have bee notified many times that I was requested to attend, but in Texas, you can call a pre-recorded message of the group number that actually want, so you can get eliminated that way.
I did get to actually sit through 3 selection sessions over the years. I was totally underdressed each time, and eliminated all 3 times.
The first one was in my 20’s and I was obviously ‘herbaly enhanced’,so the prosecution dismissed me. The 2d time, I knew the defendant and we did not like each other, so the defense dropped me. The third time, they picked all 12 plus 2 alternates before they got to me, so I got to go home with $12.oo for my troubles.
- November 16, 2021 at 5:59 pm #576764Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 560Has thanked: 1797 timesBeen thanked: 2601 times
- November 16, 2021 at 5:26 pm #576758Requal JoanneLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 531Has thanked: 584 timesBeen thanked: 1775 times
I have been called to serve 7 times in the past 15 years. I had been excused a number of times due to my then employment. I did ask why I was being called so many times and was told because I was being excused. I was informed that if I stayed for selection I would not be called again for a very long time. I did as suggested and have not been called in the past 5 years. Yes that is correct if you do the maths: 7 times in 10 years. By the way, I made it to the court room and was then challenged by the lawyer for the defendant and let go.
- November 16, 2021 at 2:23 pm #576704AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I have been called once to a case that actually went to trial. All the others the defendant copped a plea before jury selection was made.
I didn’t go en-femme, as this was long before I had accepted this side of myself. And would not do so now, this is certainly not the area to be publicly trans or cross dress.
It turned out to be a murder trial, and one that was locally notorious, so had to deal with some public attention. How’s that for first time out the gate? I ended up being made the foreman to boot! I’ll spare you all the details, but it was a pretty rough case.
My exemption is up, but I haven’t been called again in quite some time. I hope the next one is for something more pleasant, like some sort of humorous unruly behavior in a public place or something. sheesh!
- November 16, 2021 at 12:57 pm #576691Ashley landisLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
Back in September of 2019, I was called to serve and dressed in business attire. I wasn’t afraid to attend until it was time to verify my identity at check in! The court clerks were very nice and professional. One lady complemented on my pearls and matching ring. Ultimately, I was excused due to my work and knowledge in the banking industry so I treated myself to a long walk in the judicial park and people watched.
- November 16, 2021 at 9:39 am #576660ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 605Has thanked: 2217 timesBeen thanked: 2840 times
Back in the 90’s I was called for jury duty in my (Michigan) county every other year over a 9 year period (5x). And I was selected for a trial in each of those years including a murder, drug possession, drunk driving, a civil lawsuit, and one where the moment we were seated in the courtroom, the defendant copped a plea. They weren’t exactly fun, and I suppose I could have gotten away with underdressing, but I’ll tell you, you don’t want to blink wrong when the judge is up there and you’re supposed to have your full attention on the trial.
Oh, and I did call the county clerk (or whoever) asking why so often and they said the state govt. gave them the pool names. I called the state and they claimed the county made up the pool names. At the 6th time (yes, 6th) I got the information required letter, I wrote a letter back seriously questioning what was happening and never got called again. I do have a suspicion what actually was going on.
- November 16, 2021 at 9:11 am #576652BrielleDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 487Has thanked: 2444 timesBeen thanked: 2053 times
- November 16, 2021 at 8:46 am #576649Elizabeth(Liz)LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 393Has thanked: 2719 timesBeen thanked: 1782 times
Why I posted that I saw something on YouTube where someone was either transitioning or a crossdresser was called to attend for possible selection. She went en fem, she was picked but her male name was called. To cut a long story short she was excused .
- November 16, 2021 at 8:26 am #576645
- November 16, 2021 at 8:25 am #576644Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 28Replies: 1527Has thanked: 10025 timesBeen thanked: 7504 times
- November 16, 2021 at 8:11 am #576640karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 444Has thanked: 2406 timesBeen thanked: 1401 times
Next time I serve…………during the two hour lunch…………I will go to a little used rest room……….change into tight girl jeans……….put on a blouse…..let my pony tail down…..or wear a long wig………..and walk the halls en femme…………..sit at the patio…………..with my bag lunch enjoy being a girl……………….wearing my mask to hide!!!
- November 16, 2021 at 7:18 am #576625
- November 16, 2021 at 7:18 am #576624
- November 16, 2021 at 7:14 am #576623Trisha Lilly HibbertLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 51Replies: 786Has thanked: 3566 timesBeen thanked: 3186 times
- November 16, 2021 at 6:34 am #576619Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 844Has thanked: 909 timesBeen thanked: 3790 times
I’ve been summoned twice for jury service, but both times I couldn’t attend.
First time I was in school and there was no way I could attend jury service and finish my studies so I excused myself from jury service.
2nd time I had medical issues and required frequent medical treatments; attending jury service would have interfered with my treatments so I couldn’t attend either.
At that time, I was dressing but I wouldn’t do it in public, especially in court. Sometimes trials can go on for hours.
- November 16, 2021 at 3:34 am #576597Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 853Has thanked: 688 timesBeen thanked: 3589 times
I wouldn’t chance being charged with contempt of court. Even if dressed appropriately, they may see it as trying to get out of jury service.
Additionally, you’d be sitting in a room with hundreds of other people for hours. (I’m not even going to bring up the bathroom question.) Everything you do is on the public record so you’d be announcing to the world that you’re a crossdresser.
I don’t think I ever would.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.