Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Everyone!

I have a couple of skirts that are very simply made. They feel like a cotton fabric, have an elasticized waist, and no zippers or fasteners. Just a simple tube shape meant to be stepped into and pulled up. The question is this, there is one seam where it is sewn together and there is a tag on the inside that is 90 degrees from the seem. I am assuming the tag goes in the back and the seam goes down my side. Am I right about this ?

Thank for the help!

Hugs

Autumn

I don’t know if this goes with all skirts… but on mine, 2 seams and I’ll place them on the side, which puts the tag in the back.  1 seam and I align it straight down the back, leaving the tag on the side.

It totally depends I guess on the style of the skirt, if there’s print, if it’s cut a certain way.  Sounds like yours is simple however.

Hi Carmen,

Thanks for responding. I have two skirts made this way. Both are solid colors. I had considered putting the seam down the back, as that makes it seem more symmetrical from the outside, but a tag on the hip seems likes an odd thing.

Hugs

Autumn

Yeah I agree.  Though I do have a few articles of clothing where there is simply no rhyme or reason for the location of the tag.  Seems the manufacture just put it anywhere it could find space lol.  For me, if a tag ends up on the back, I cut it out if I can “feel” it against my skin when I move about.  Some of the them a scratchy scratchy… and ahem, not much back there to stop it from rubbing my skin.  😉

I know what you mean about scratchy…… yuck!

I am glad so many clothes now come without a tag and instead print the information directly on the fabric.

For sure.  I think 1) When you buy it, you know what size it was, so I don’t need a tag to tell me, and 2) After the first cleaning, I really don’t need any more instructions, and 3) I don’t need to know the manufacturer!

I say banish the tags!

I am guessing the tags on the side are like the side zip, placed there to achieve a smoother surface in front or back. A bulge or wrinkle on the hip is less noticeable than in the middle of your back.

Anonymous

Hmm. I have several pull-on skirts, but the orientation is obvious from the design. I’d say that a plain tube would have the seam at the back – it just seems logical to me.

Connie

xxx

Women’s clothing will have the tag on the back, as with men’s clothing, or it will have the tag on the left side. My guess is that the seem should go down the back, in the middle. I wore my first skirt out in public totally wrong because of this!

ahhh…..

but putting the seam in the back moves the tag to the right side…….

I think Detective Columbo would agree that would be the correct placement……. (Cross post info from my post in Art, Music and TV)

I am leaning towards thinking manufacturers just aren’t that consistent.

Ha ha, I remember that episode, and re-remembered it when I started cross dressing. I saw that episode as a kid and was secretly thrilled by how much they were talking about women’s underwear.

None of my skirts have tags on the right, so I don’t know what to tell you! Either they have seams on both sides, or in the middle back and the tag is either in the middle back, or left side.

But, since we’re all kind of weird here, where it however you want!

putting on the skirt this morning reminded me of the episode. I just couldn’t remember the details correctly. I posted it in Art, Music & TV and Barb Wire named the episode in like 3 minutes

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I think the seam goes in the as well.

Hugs, Liara

Liara,

If you want to put a seam in your as well…… that’s your business!!

LOL

I think you left out a word!

Hugs

Autumn

Liara Wolfe
          Duchess

LOL. I certainly did.

Hugs, Liara

LOL!  Thank you for this particular conversation… what a hoot you ladies are. 🙂

Anonymous

Autumn…

I would think the seam should be at the back…it seems the seemstress seemed the seam would seemingly be perpendicular to the label.

Explained seemlessy, grace xx

It seems as though it seams that way?

Anonymous

🤣😂🤣 xx

Tag at the back That is if the tag is on the waistband. There might be another tag lower down. If there is, this goes of the left.
      If it is just a pull on, wear it how you like it. I have a skirt with a full length zip. This zip is supposed to go at the back. I often wear it so the zip goes down my leg. It has two zippers, so I can un-zip from the bottom. I use it to show a little thigh 🙂

Cerys.

Tag is indeed at the waistband. No Lower tags. Putting it at the back puts the seam down the left side. I am going to have to look for one of those skirts that zip both ways…… sounds nice.

The tag with the manufacturer’s logo goes to the back typically. However, since the garment appears to be symmetrical, putting the seam at the back isn’t a problem…

I’ll be contrary to the other comments from ladies here who are wiser than me…
      My experience, and I have tree or four similar skirts, is that the tag would be on the left side and the “swam” at the back.
      That said, try it on all the ways suggested here and see which way “rides” best on you. If possible, while wearing it ask someone else for their opinion.
      Hugs
      Jules
      💖🌈👩

Before I started cross dressing I paid very little attention to any of the tags on clothes. In my little Neanderthal brain I knew, “ Tag in back. Wear on inside”.

But then, when I started getting a little more, you know, fancy with my clothing choices, I noticed just about everything about the clothes. The cut of the sleeves, the type of shoulder, the different necklines….  But the most profound discovery of all? It was finding that little tag that has care instructions and is located low down inside the garment. You know,  that tag? And you know what else? It always goes on the left!  Every time. Who knew!?! And so now, when I see that tag down low, my little pea brain tells me, “Low tag left makes back go to back and front go to front”. The result? I haven’t put a shirt on backwards in a long, long time.

Sharing small victories,

Clara

PS. Sorry I can’t help with the skirt dilemma, happy to just make sure the panties go on the right way.

The vast majority of my wardrobe came from thrift stores; online and in person. I always check all labels for material content and care instructions. Many polyester garments have dry cleaning specified, so that is often a factor in the buying decision…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?