• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jessica
      Lady

Good Morning Ladies-

Love y’all.

Okay, so I took the plunge and made an appointment for a consolation with a spa and laser hair removal. We chatted for 45 minutes about what to do, and where to begin. We decided to start with my shoulders and arms and go down from there. My beard is to gray for it to work, but the rest is okay. I just wanted to share because I am so excited.

Hugs

Jessi

Jerry Lee
      Lady

Ples let us know how it turned out. Hugs, xoxo

Jessica
        Lady

I will when it happens. I am super excited to take this next step.

Tina Thompson
          Duchess

I had my face done about five years ago or so.  It was mixed results, as some of the hairs were turning grey and the laser is ineffective against them. I’m glad I did it, though…but be forewarned: this is a long and expensive process.

Why?  Not all of your hair is growing at the same time.  A follicle that is in a resting cycle is harder to kill,  because for some reason it is harder for a resting hair to absorb enough heat from the laser to destroy the follicle and remove the hair.  If the follicle is damaged, it will eventually regenerate.  That said, it takes at least 6 treatments to destroy about 80% of the hair in a given area.  Those treatments need to be relatively evenly spaced so that as follicles come out of their rest cycle and are easier to destroy, you can get them.  Then a few weeks later, the next set that comes active will be destroyed, and so forth.

Even then, the total removal rate is about 85-90% and it may not be permanent over the long haul.  The salons and treatment centers are very careful with their wording about this in their marketing if you pay attention.

People with dark hairs see the most success with laser hair removal treatments.  Blondes and redheads, not as much.  It’s simple physics: black absorbs all light, where as blonde absorbs a smaller portion of the light spectrum, as does ginger hair.  An honest treatment center or salon will tell you this up front.

The treatments themselves are not pleasant. If you are offered a prescription for Lidocaine, by all means get it filled and follow the directions.  Lidocaine is a local anesthetic and it will reduce the burning sensation you’ll feel as the laser, well, burns your hair and irritates the adjacent skin.

If I had it to do all over again, I probably would do it, but then again, I would also have given a lot more thought to electrolysis for my mustache area.  Electrolysis is permanent and even though it is more expensive and time consuming up front, it is also more effective overall.

Jessica
            Lady

I’m excited to begin this chapter. I’m comfortable with this part. The laser lady told me all of that stuff as well and I do have darker hair so that’s cool. Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate them and you.

Tina Thompson
            Duchess

I’m really glad for you, Jessica — you’ll really enjoy having truly hairless patches as the treatments take hold!

Anonymous

Well done on taking this first step, Jessica!  Laser hair removal was one of the best decisions I have made – my body is predominantly hair free now and has been for a number of years.  As Tina has said, though, don’t expect perfect results otherwise you will be disappointed.   She is also right when she says that the darker the hair, the better the results.  My body hair varied between brown and fair.  I haven’t see any darker hair reappear at all, but the lighter body hair didn’t respond as well and I still need to shave occasionally.  Even so, I can get away with not shaving my legs for weeks at a time because the hair that is left is so fine and is hardly visible.  I left it far too late to have my face done properly as my beard was already quite grey when I did.  As with the rest of my body, the dark hair has gone completely, but I still have to shave on a daily basis as the grey hair didn’t respond to the laser.

I think the discomfort you experience will depend on the type of laser being used and your own pain threshold.  I ended up being treated with a Soprano laser and found that I experienced far less discomfort in most areas than with other lasers (the big exception being the upper lip which was painful).  See how it goes and if it is painful take up any offer of an anaesthetising gel.  I did read about someone taking a couple of paracetamol tablets before being treated and they reported that it had helped.  I can’t comment because I never tried it myself.

Tina is also right when she says that it does take a long time (6 to 8 sessions for each body part) to get the maximum results.  Stick with it though and in weeks/months to come you will be significantly smoother than you are now.  I’m sure that you won’t have any regrets.

All the best!

Diane

Jessica
        Lady

The laser lady who is doing the proceeder saw my tattoo’s and told me that if I can do that then this will be a breeze. She said it depends on the area, and that some people have a harder time with it too. I’m glad to hear of so many ladies with such great luck with this. I’m excited for it to happen.

I bought a Philips Lumea a couple years ago. It has worked well. I’m happy with it.

Have any of you girls ever regretted getting laser hair removal?  It’s a lot like a tattoo right?  Once you go through with it you’re stuck with it.  No turning back.

I ask because I would love to have smooth skin from the neck down.  I’m not ready to have my facial hair removed.  What if my crossdressing desires evaporate and I find myself wanting to be a full on man again?

I mean, does that even happen – the urge to crossdress goes away?  Well, my bisexuality (pansexuality) hasn’t ever gone away or dissipated.

I am undecided but will let you know how it goes.

Choose joy!

Renee

Anonymous

Renee Rose,

If having or not facial hair is what make somebody a real full man, well, that’s just too funny, sorry.

I got my facial hair zapped some 12 years ago. Equally as much as a man now than before. I cannot grow a beard. So what? Kind of thinking that a woman who had a mastectomy is not a full on woman anymore.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?