- Lip Gloss
- July 8, 2022 at 2:59 pm #661141RevelParticipantRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 543Has thanked: 1204 timesBeen thanked: 1898 times
We all like to wear lipstick or lip gloss. I like both, but I personally love lipstick. I also wear it more often. I love how red lipstick makes my natural, full lips look.
Do you ladies prefer wearing lipstick or lip gloss? Please vote for one. Thank you.
- July 11, 2022 at 11:51 am #661912Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 103Has thanked: 180 timesBeen thanked: 414 times
Being a mature lady, lipstick was my vote. For us more experienced girls, and for myself, I prefer satin finish lipsticks, they bleed less and for me stay put longer without drying my lips like some of matte finish lipsticks! 💋
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Genivieve Bujold.
- July 11, 2022 at 12:00 pm #661914
- July 11, 2022 at 7:52 am #661831Holly MorrisLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 47Replies: 112Has thanked: 1280 timesBeen thanked: 1092 times
I LOVE wearing lipstick! It’s so much fun to be able to choose a color to complement my outfit, but then I can change it too if I want. The smell, the feel, the taste of it are all constant reminders of how feminized I am, which I absolutely love! My favorite lipstick colors are all in the red family, but I also like pinks and darker shades too, it really just depends on what I’m wearing.
After I put on my lipstick, depending on what I’m wearing and where I’m going, a lot of times I’ll also apply a little lip gloss over it, just to make my lips a bit more shiny and full looking.
One thing that I really love to do is when I’m at a stop sign or stoplight and I know that there’s a man in the car next to me, I pull out my lipstick and touch it up in my rear view mirror. That’s such a girly thing to do! I know that when the man looks over and sees me doing that, he’s thinking how much of a silly woman I am to be applying lipstick in the car when I should be paying attention to driving! But it’s just so much fun to be a woman that I love doing things like that, especially when I know a real man is watching me!
- July 11, 2022 at 11:22 am #661906RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 543Has thanked: 1204 timesBeen thanked: 1898 times
Thanks Holly for sharing all of that. You and I are so like-minded about lipstick. I love the feel, smell, and look of it. Although the red family of colors are my favorite, I love pink shades too. Lip gloss on its own is okay, but I don’t like the feeling of it as much as lipstick. You can use both, but I prefer lipstick on its own. I bet you really get some looks from men watching you putting lipstick on in your car! Drive safe, girlfriend.
- July 11, 2022 at 9:30 am #661857GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 277Has thanked: 1717 timesBeen thanked: 1001 times
You are such a bad girl. Giving those guys a cheap thrill!
- July 11, 2022 at 11:05 am #661902
- July 11, 2022 at 6:45 am #661815
- July 11, 2022 at 5:04 am #661793Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 534Has thanked: 1942 timesBeen thanked: 2562 times
I as well wear both but much prefer lipstick. I love applying it and the feel of it on my lips.
My wife made a comment when she found that I had used a full stick of my favourite colour. “ Wow, you’ve used a lipstick up already? Takes me a while to go through one.” I did wear that colour a lot during mask wearing so…..
- July 10, 2022 at 2:49 pm #661658
- July 10, 2022 at 12:03 pm #661615Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 64Has thanked: 455 timesBeen thanked: 251 times
I have been trying the different lip stick’s and lip gloss’s and am finding it fun to put on in the morning after I get dressed. not sure what I like best yet. It’s fun to have that extra feeling and to see it on your coffee cup, or that glance in the mirror to do that little primp, it just adds to everything when your all dolled up!!
- July 10, 2022 at 9:14 am #661553BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 543Has thanked: 1204 timesBeen thanked: 1898 times
And lipstick currently takes the lead by fifty more votes! I can understand why. Thanks for voting.
- July 10, 2022 at 5:55 am #661505Jocelyn BeyoodyDuchessRegistered On: May 4, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 71Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
- July 10, 2022 at 3:17 am #661463Miranda HuggenkissLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 24Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
- July 9, 2022 at 9:20 pm #661435Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 847Has thanked: 705 timesBeen thanked: 3958 times
Both but prefer lipstick. There’s so much more to choose from. It’s more versatile. I can choose a subtle shade for daytime or choose a bold shade for evening. It’s hard to be subtle with gloss. It’s more of a glam treat for evenings when I want to make a statement.
- July 9, 2022 at 9:03 pm #661434BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 1876Replies: 292Has thanked: 686 timesBeen thanked: 1467 times
- July 9, 2022 at 9:21 pm #661436
- July 9, 2022 at 5:31 pm #661385
- July 9, 2022 at 11:52 am #661307Kathryn Lynn PetersLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2016Topics: 5Replies: 114Has thanked: 665 timesBeen thanked: 525 times
- July 9, 2022 at 10:08 am #661300Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 260Has thanked: 2480 timesBeen thanked: 1320 times
I am more of a pink girl, like darker pinkish colors that enhance my skin tone. I have three ‘go to’ colors that I alternate and wear everyday at work, where I am a trans woman 24/7. They are all by MAC, Lustreglass lipsticks in these shades: ‘Beam There, Done That’, ‘Frienda’, and my favorite, ‘Syrup.’ They say that your lip color shouldn’t overpower your eye makeup, I love eye makeup so I don’t wear red that often, although I do have two tubes of very red lipstick that I tend to use in the winter months.
- July 9, 2022 at 7:27 am #661275JackieAmbassadorRegistered On: February 18, 2016Topics: 28Replies: 184Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 770 times
Persoally I prefer all at once, line my lips then lipstick as a base / primer so to speak and gloss to finish. That’s what I have always done. If I’m just going to a store or to pay a bill or something I’ll just wear clear lip gloss maybe with a few sparkles. No matter how you see it makeup in general is my life line. Hardly go out of the house without it already on or putting it on in the car.
- July 9, 2022 at 6:47 am #661269Renea DayLadyRegistered On: February 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 67Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 300 times
- July 9, 2022 at 2:17 pm #661337
- July 9, 2022 at 5:59 am #661250Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 817Has thanked: 882 timesBeen thanked: 3668 times
I picked lipstick. I have about 3 lip glosses but I rarely use them. While lip gloss looks absolutely awesome, the moment you eat or drink anything the gloss is pretty much gone and stuck on food or straw or rim of the cup.
I find lipstick more durable and can withstand eating/drinking with a minor touch up if necessary.
- July 9, 2022 at 2:15 pm #661336
- July 9, 2022 at 5:57 am #661249
- July 9, 2022 at 2:48 am #661231Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 418Has thanked: 1726 timesBeen thanked: 1973 times
Lipstick, lipstick, lipstick, if I don’t have at least 6 tubes I am heading for the store, lol. You perhaps should have had a few more choices like both, or lip plumper. I like to apply lip plumper then my lipstick over that. The lip plumper tingles a little and then acts as a lip gloss when applied with lipstick. Sometimes I will add an application of a lip liner will really define my lips.
- July 8, 2022 at 11:02 pm #661212Samantha G…..AmbassadorRegistered On: September 10, 2015Topics: 11Replies: 78Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
- July 9, 2022 at 12:02 am #661213
- July 8, 2022 at 9:17 pm #661206Diane Marie RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1092Has thanked: 1938 timesBeen thanked: 3800 times
- July 8, 2022 at 7:39 pm #661195Sofía Alejandra Hurtado EspinozaLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
- July 8, 2022 at 8:04 pm #661199BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 543Has thanked: 1204 timesBeen thanked: 1898 times
I totally agree. Red lipstick looks great with any style makeup and outfit. It makes lips look so lovely, and like me, when you wear red lipstick, you look lovely. 😊
Thanks for sharing, girlfriend. 😘💋
- July 8, 2022 at 6:55 pm #661190Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 80Replies: 1946Has thanked: 8562 timesBeen thanked: 9859 times
- July 8, 2022 at 6:26 pm #661186Rev’s SisBaronessRegistered On: June 19, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 103 timesBeen thanked: 115 times
- July 9, 2022 at 3:08 am #661232Diane Marie RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1092Has thanked: 1938 timesBeen thanked: 3800 times
Red is powerful, but it’s too provocative for me. Revlon’s Black Cherry and Maybelline’s Burgundy Blush work really well for me.
Is there a dark plum anybody likes?
- July 8, 2022 at 7:56 pm #661198BaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 543Has thanked: 1204 timesBeen thanked: 1898 times
You look great wearing red lipstick, and we are both blessed with natural, full lips. Thank you for sharing what lipstick symbolizes. I can understand why you voted for lipstick, judging by what’s on your cover image, Hides. 💄😉
- July 8, 2022 at 5:27 pm #661177Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 282Has thanked: 1057 timesBeen thanked: 1045 times
- July 8, 2022 at 4:34 pm #661164
- July 8, 2022 at 4:24 pm #661161Lisa LeighLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 153Has thanked: 466 timesBeen thanked: 589 times
Love lipstick as I can have it reflect my mood to others. My goto lipstick is a bright red. Also I favor pinks for daytime and a darker reds for the evenings. If was was to be out on a date or in the bedroom I might use a lipgloss to enhance my mood and the moment.
kisses to all…
- July 8, 2022 at 3:39 pm #661155Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3758Has thanked: 54226 timesBeen thanked: 13217 times
- July 8, 2022 at 4:54 pm #661171Dana MunsonDuchessRegistered On: May 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
I have both in my collection, but I think lean toward lipstick, at least as an “every day” alternative. It may be just me, but lip gloss seems best in “glam” situations. That’s great if you are the occasional dresser who maximizes their limited time by going high glam when dressing up. I am pretty much an every day girl, though, so lip glosses just don’t feel “right” most of the time. But that’s just this girl’s opinion.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.