Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

I only recently began watching a makeup competition on Netflix called “Glow Up”. Has anyone seen this? Those contestants are amazing artists who can create out of this world makeup looks in just a short time. If you haven’t seen it you may want to check it out.

This program got me wondering about other makeup influencers who have channels on Youtube and other platforms. Has any one in particular helped you define your look or can you recommend any you find really helpful. Anything from the basics to complex looks would be helpful as all of us could probably use some help. I know I do. Recommendations for help for mature girls like me would really be appreciated.

Anonymous

Michelle
      Just had first makeover done at Ulta. Scheduled an appointment. Very helpful. Wasn’t sure what wanted, but they helped with decisions. Just posted photo, let me know what you think 🤔
      Hugs Ginger

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Ginger.

You look very nice in your pic, a girl out shopping, and I love that yellow top too.

Well girls, this girl has been doing her face for a long time. I’ve had numerous makeovers and lessons over the years. I’ve had Avon ladies, been to Merle Norman studios, and to various hair and beauty salons.
      My favorite was a makeup and wig studio chain that has now disappeared called ‘2nd Look Studios’.
      I’ve had lessons from a professional makeup artist who used to do Drag Queens, she knew I was transgender.
      I’ve even had makeovers from Drag artists.
      There are so many videos by makeup artist, and other crossdressers or trans women, check them out on Youtube and go with the one that strikes your fancy. But the truly best way to learn how to do your makeup, is by doing your makeup! Keep on doing it until you’re pleased with your results. It’s the girl in the mirror who has to be happy!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

J J
      Lady

While just doing your make up and practicing until you get it right works for some, mostly teenage girls who have time on their side, getting professional help and then putting in mirror time makes a lot of sense.

As for Glow, yes it is entertaining, but like any “reality” show, it is far from reality. What I do appreciate about such shows are their liberal take on gender and such. The contestants are very diverse in the gender and orientation, and the more of that on TV the better for society. It is truly amazing what can be do with “makeup”, but they take it way beyond traditional makeup, which is a good thing.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Like hiring any Pro. Its the experience that you are buying. It helps eliminate all of those hours that you’ll spend trying to see what works and what doesn’t.  If I was young, I might not mind but at this stage I’m taking the short cut and hire the Pro.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Practice makes perfect? It’s part of it. Nowadays it is easy to ask the girls at the makeup counter for advice and even go along for a make up lesson. ‘Influencers’ tend to be young and are promoting the products that they get money from, I am not a fan.

I am not young started to try makeup and bought items and experimented in the days when what I did was frowned on. Once I started to come out I was given advice and I got an acceptable look. I was advised to get a make over but didn’t want to go to a store as it was still a bit of a taboo. I was given the number of a lady who was a make up artist and did home visits. She was amazing. She looked over the things I had already and used most of it adding a few things she had from the huge selection she bought with her. The main advice was that I had found a good range and didn’t need to change much and you don’t need to spend on top of the range as you can look just as good with store brands. Every process was explained and at the end I had the look I wanted for day time. She gave tips on maintenance through the day and how to change things for an evening. Money well spent.

[postquote quote=691347]
      I agree with you 100% Roberta

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?