- March 5, 2017 at 10:22 am #46264
Amber JamesParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 24Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
Hi girls I recently got a foundation from MAC and now I am trying to figure out what types of makeup I need to crossdress can anyone give a good list of not necessarily brands but the types of makeup I will need to transform
- June 30, 2019 at 9:20 pm #194159
- June 28, 2019 at 3:54 pm #193728Abi CrossParticipantRegistered On: June 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 13Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 16 times
I know the feeling, I’ve only started make up recently so I definitely need help like this too. I currently only have lipstick, bronzer, eye shadow and liner, mascara. I keep looking at getting more things but I don’t know what to get or how to use it. Does anyone have any tips on how to do my make up or know any good videos that you could share.
- June 26, 2019 at 6:51 pm #193337AJ PulmanParticipantRegistered On: June 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 22 times
I have been using make up on a daily basis to help my appearance since I was around 16 years old & I forget when the brand came out… but I have been using E.L.F. for sometime now. They are REALLY affordable & I have never had an issue with their products. If you are dropping 30 dollars on foundation from MAC I am sure you can afford this stuff just to try out.
- June 24, 2019 at 10:17 am #192787sophie tilsonParticipantRegistered On: October 21, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 29Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 51 times
- June 19, 2019 at 5:31 pm #191629Ellie87 PinskParticipantRegistered On: January 9, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 87Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 112 times
Went to ulta today found out that tarte medium tan sand is the foundation I need. Also found out that eyelid primer is expensive.
- June 24, 2019 at 10:37 am #192796Lilly BearParticipantRegistered On: June 13, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 92Has thanked: 348 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
Went there yesterday and got a full makeover! I think they used sand on my face. The foundation, not the beach! Lol anyway it was glorious and I was so in the zone I forgot to buy the foundation! I did buy some too expensive eye shadow and face shades and the false lashes they put on me! That and some makeup remover cream and it was $120!!! But all well worth the experience!!!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm #191627Jasmine JeffriesParticipantRegistered On: December 28, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 228Has thanked: 612 timesBeen thanked: 346 times
Amber I love to put on my makeup but wasn’t the best at it when my femmine self reemerges like now I am thinking so female I am a little concerned lol but back to your question I watched hours of makeup application on you tube watch and practice and build up the nerve to go to Ulta or Sephora and ask them to help you find a good fit for you well good luck girlfriend
- June 14, 2019 at 9:39 pm #185610AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
Amber! Hi! Please have a peek at my Profile, maybe my new gallery as well, and then please please PM me for precisely what you seek hon! I am pleased to say I am a certified Makeup and Makeover artist, model, crazy …all that stuffs! 🙂 I am presently working with 4 members, why not five? Hmm? Au Gratis, my pleasure, super easy to comprehend with pics and moving gifs to see every last detail. 🙂 Videos are ‘in the works” ….not very long before being viewable! YAY!!!
- June 23, 2019 at 2:05 am #192415ParticipantRegistered On: June 13, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 92Has thanked: 348 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
Hi! Is it necessary for me to upgrade my membership to participate in your videos and pictures help? I would love some of your help if you are willing to take on another makeup beginner!
- June 23, 2019 at 2:29 pm #192588MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 60Has thanked: 128 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
I’m sorry to say, but when a user’s account gets deleted, any postings that they provided get marked as anonymous. It appears that Amiee has been removed from the system, and we as lowly members can not see if that was because of disputes with administrators, payments, or something that Amiee suddenly decided to do herself. In any case all of the media, (photos, videos(?), and messages she shared directly with other members), are gone.
While it was quite the promise, we no longer have the means to talk with Amiee unless she had previously provided you with contact details outside the system, and no means to find messages that she previously posted (and her name is the only handle we had on those, unless we can remember the topic)
I say all of this because I’d hate for you to take on a paying membership on the idea that that would give you access to this. It was quite the offer, but alas, it’s not contingent on upgrading the account.
I am not an administrator or ambassador, just another member, and don’t have any further insight
- June 23, 2019 at 7:48 pm #192653ParticipantRegistered On: June 13, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 92Has thanked: 348 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
thanks so much for clearing that up for me! I was quite confused about the “anonymous “ handle for Aimee! Now it makes sense!
- June 23, 2019 at 8:35 pm #192661MarianneAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 377Has thanked: 166 timesBeen thanked: 356 times
Aimee chosed to pack up and leave after being asked if she had copyright approval for the multitude of pictures she uploaded and informed that the site doesn’t allow free promotion of business courtsey our sponsors and paying advertisers. Mind you she was never asked to leave, only to keep to the site rules.
- June 23, 2019 at 8:57 pm #192664ParticipantRegistered On: June 13, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 92Has thanked: 348 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
It’s really too bad she felt that way….seemed like a wealth of information and knowledge. But I understand the rules and wish she could have just complied. Thanks again!!!!
- June 13, 2019 at 5:47 am #185123DEEOTTO OTTOParticipantRegistered On: June 4, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Much obliged to you such a great amount for this fix Wacom! Its MUCH calmer now, and doesn’t turn out to be exceptionally hot either. Exceptionally valued!
- July 25, 2017 at 12:35 pm #61047LindiParticipantRegistered On: July 21, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 9Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 20 times
What tips can you give me for applying foundation. My skintone is pale, and I have auburn hair, but my beard is barely noticeable as it doesn’t show up for a couple of days.
- July 26, 2017 at 6:18 am #61109MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 43Replies: 397Has thanked: 107 timesBeen thanked: 472 times
I had a great experience at Ulta. A young saleswoman helped try several shades of foundation looking for one that went with my skin tone and the complexion for which I was looking. Other than it being slightly rushed, (I was running late for an another appointment.), it was good choice. I am looking to visit again when I have more time to do it right.
- July 15, 2017 at 11:55 am #59897Julie SlowinskiParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 41Has thanked: 76 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
It’s been a while since you posted this question, hope your technique is coming along. I’ve learned a lot from YouTube. Many of the drag tutorials are really a great way to learn how to feminize your face shape. I just try to ignore the over the top brows and eyeshadow.
But, I’m guessing that’s a bit advanced for you right now. That’s kind of the problem with YouTube – the skill levels are all over the place and it’s hard to find the ones that are right for you. So, if you are just just just beginning, I suggest you google this video: “<span class=”_majc”>Transsexual Transition Makeup Guide!” The title may throw you, but it </span>will give you the very basic overview.
Then, just keep watching videos. At first you will be very confused, but slowly it will start making sense.
- June 7, 2017 at 2:28 am #56795Sandra JohnParticipantRegistered On: June 7, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1 time
I always use the makeup of Cover Girl that suits me a lot & will definitely recommend you this but it’s an expensive brand to buy so I got the perfect solution to buy this I use online discount coupon from reecoupons that allow me to get the best deal of beauty products in a very profitable prices.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 9, 2017 at 8:33 am #46850AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 26Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
Good advice from these ladies. I’d add lip liner–it helps keep lipstick in place. Moisturizer, while not makeup per se, is crucial to keeping skin as soft as possible. (There are now tinted moisturizer/sunscreens that add just a touch of color and are easy to wear in boy mode.)
I’d also suggest primer under your foundation and powder to finish off. (I use a pressed powder often to quite literally powder my nose. Taking a little shine off makes a world of difference.
There’s a lot to learn about applying makeup, but if I could just give too hints: go lightly on the application, and blend-blend-blend.
I order a lot from Ulta Beauty. While it has lots of high end, expensive stuff, it has plenty of basic makeup, too. Service is fast, too.
- March 7, 2017 at 10:43 pm #46541VanessaParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 23Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
Foundation and concealer are a must my first trip out on Halloween I didn’t use any and the pictures that night are embarrassing for me. Some kind of concealer is good for covering your beard shadow either a red or orange color helps neutralise the blue hue in your beard. Do that before foundations and it works wonders for those ladies with a bit extra hair on their faces.
- June 14, 2019 at 9:47 pm #185612AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 9Replies: 169Has thanked: 283 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
To effectively conceal a Five O’clock shadow, yes, you will want to use either red or orange (or both!) …right on top of your Moisturiser (after it has set in nearly all the way). 3 coats are superb! Then, a concealer ‘stick’ of your skin tone slightly lighter, then even LIPSTICK is primo. Dab it all over the place where you have beard, then brush-swirl it in and don’t be concerned if you bleed over as it’s no biggie. Your primer or foundation will be atop that, leaving you with (hopefully) a rather white “canvas” to build your face upon. It’s totally foolproof when seen once or twice. For a great example go to YouTube and use the keywords Trans, makeup, Archie ….he’s dry as a desert yet very funny in person and that vid is extremely well laid out! DO give it a look-see and you’ll have a GREAT GRIP on what everyone needs to do for that elusive “femme” face. It’s isn’t at all. You’ll see!
- March 8, 2017 at 4:02 am #46546Amber JamesParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 24Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 8 times
Thank you Vanessa will definitely try that
- March 5, 2017 at 3:09 pm #46289RoseParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 621Has thanked: 89 timesBeen thanked: 202 times
It depends on the style and look you want, to be honest.
Right now, I’m using just lipstick, eyeshadow, and mascara. Sometime in the near future, once I feel a little more comfortable with the eyeshadow, I’ll add eye liner. I also need to add some blush to my stuff at some point.
If you’re new, I’d suggest starting small and basic. And don’t spend on the good brands just yet, because you’ll need to practice – and there’s no point practicing with expensive stuff. 🙂
A Rose by any other name...
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.