Tagged: 

• This topic has 24 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi girls I recently got a foundation from MAC and now I am trying to figure out what types of makeup I need to crossdress can anyone give a good list of not necessarily brands but the types of makeup I will need to transform

Rose
      Lady

It depends on the style and look you want, to be honest.

Right now, I’m using just lipstick, eyeshadow, and mascara. Sometime in the near future, once I feel a little more comfortable with the eyeshadow, I’ll add eye liner. I also need to add some blush to my stuff at some point.

If you’re new, I’d suggest starting small and basic. And don’t spend on the good brands just yet, because you’ll need to practice – and there’s no point practicing with expensive stuff. 🙂

Foundation and concealer are a must my first trip out on Halloween I didn’t use any and the pictures that night are embarrassing for me. Some kind of concealer is good for covering your beard shadow either a red or orange color helps neutralise the blue hue in your beard.  Do that before foundations and it works wonders for those ladies with a bit extra hair on their faces.

Cheers,

Vanessa

Anonymous

Thank you Vanessa will definitely try that

Anonymous

To effectively conceal a Five O’clock shadow, yes, you will want to use either red or orange (or both!) …right on top of your Moisturiser (after it has set in nearly all the way).  3 coats are superb!  Then, a concealer ‘stick’ of your skin tone slightly lighter, then even LIPSTICK is primo.  Dab it all over the place where you have beard, then brush-swirl it in and don’t be concerned if you bleed over as it’s no biggie. Your primer or foundation will be atop that, leaving you with (hopefully) a rather white “canvas” to build your face upon.  It’s totally foolproof when seen once or twice.  For a great example go to YouTube and use the keywords     Trans, makeup, Archie   ….he’s dry as a desert yet very funny in person and that vid is extremely well laid out!  DO give it a look-see and you’ll have a GREAT GRIP on what everyone needs to do for that elusive “femme” face.  It’s isn’t at all.  You’ll see!

Anonymous

Good advice from these ladies. I’d add lip liner–it helps keep lipstick in place. Moisturizer, while not makeup per se, is crucial to keeping skin as soft as possible. (There are now tinted moisturizer/sunscreens that add just a touch of color and are easy to wear in boy mode.)

I’d also suggest primer under your foundation and powder to finish off. (I use a pressed powder often to quite literally powder my nose. Taking a little shine off makes a world of difference.

There’s a lot to learn about applying makeup, but if I could just give too hints: go lightly on the application, and blend-blend-blend.

I order a lot from Ulta Beauty. While it has lots of high end, expensive stuff, it has plenty of basic makeup, too. Service is fast, too.

Anonymous

Thanks so much great tips

I always use the makeup of Cover Girl that suits me a lot & will definitely recommend you this but it’s an expensive brand to buy so I got the perfect solution to buy this I use online discount coupon from reecoupons that allow me to get the best deal of beauty products in a very profitable prices.

Hi Amber,

It’s been a while since you posted this question, hope your technique is coming along. I’ve learned a lot from YouTube. Many of the drag tutorials are really a great way to learn how to feminize your face shape. I just try to ignore the over the top brows and eyeshadow.

But, I’m guessing that’s a bit advanced for you right now. That’s kind of the problem with YouTube – the skill levels are all over the place and it’s hard to find the ones that are right for you. So, if you are just just just beginning, I suggest you google this video: “<span class=”_majc”>Transsexual Transition Makeup Guide!” The title may throw you, but it </span>will give you the very basic overview.

Then, just keep watching videos. At first you will be very confused, but slowly it will start making sense.

What tips can you give me for applying foundation.  My skintone is pale, and I have auburn hair, but my beard is barely noticeable as it doesn’t show up for a couple of days.

Thx,

Lindy

Lindy,

I had a great experience at Ulta.  A young saleswoman helped try several shades of foundation looking for one that went with my skin tone and the complexion for which I was looking.  Other than it being slightly rushed, (I was running late for an another appointment.), it was good choice.  I am looking to visit again when I have more time to do it right.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Much obliged to you such a great amount for this fix Wacom! Its MUCH calmer now, and doesn’t turn out to be exceptionally hot either. Exceptionally valued!

Anonymous

Amber!  Hi!   Please have a peek at my Profile, maybe my new gallery as well, and then please please PM me for precisely what you seek hon!  I am pleased to say I am a certified Makeup and Makeover artist, model, crazy …all that stuffs!  🙂  I am presently working with 4 members, why not five? Hmm?  Au Gratis, my pleasure, super easy to comprehend with pics and moving gifs to see every last detail.  🙂  Videos are ‘in the works” ….not very long before being viewable!  YAY!!!

Anonymous

Hi! Is it necessary for me to upgrade my membership to participate in your videos and pictures help? I would love some of your help if you are willing to take on another makeup beginner!

Lilly

Molly
          Duchess

Lilly;

I’m sorry to say, but when a user’s account gets deleted, any postings that they provided get marked as anonymous.    It appears that Amiee has been removed from the system, and we as lowly members can not see if that was because of disputes with administrators, payments, or something that Amiee suddenly decided to do herself.     In any case all of the media, (photos, videos(?), and messages she shared directly with other members), are gone.

While it was quite the promise, we no longer have the means to talk with Amiee unless she had previously provided you with contact details outside the system, and no means to find messages that she previously posted (and her name is the only handle we had on those, unless we can remember the topic)

I say all of this because I’d hate for you to take on a paying membership on the idea that that would give you access to this.    It was quite the offer, but alas, it’s not contingent on upgrading the account.

I am not an administrator or ambassador, just another member, and don’t have any further insight

Hugs

-Molly

Anonymous

Molly,

thanks so much for clearing that up for me! I was quite confused about the “anonymous “ handle for Aimee! Now it makes sense!

love!

💋 Lilly

Marianne
            Ambassador

Aimee chosed to pack up and leave after being asked if she had copyright approval for the multitude of pictures she uploaded and informed that the site doesn’t allow free promotion of business courtsey our sponsors and paying advertisers. Mind you she was never asked to leave, only to keep to the site rules.

Marianne Tornander

Ambassador

Anonymous

It’s really too bad she felt that way….seemed like a wealth of information and knowledge. But I understand the rules and wish she could have just complied. Thanks again!!!!

Anonymous

Amber I love to put on my makeup but wasn’t the best at it when my femmine self reemerges like now I am thinking so female I am a little concerned lol but back to your question I watched hours of makeup application on you tube watch and practice and build up the nerve to go to Ulta or Sephora and ask them to help you find a good fit for you well good luck girlfriend

Went to ulta today found out that tarte medium tan sand is the foundation I need. Also found out that eyelid primer is expensive.

Anonymous

Went there yesterday and got a full makeover! I think they used sand on my face. The foundation, not the beach! Lol anyway it was glorious and I was so in the zone I forgot to buy the foundation! I did buy some too expensive eye shadow and face shades and the false lashes they put on me! That and some makeup remover cream and it was $120!!! But all well worth the experience!!!

L’Oreal Infallible – foundation and sculpture sticks are the best! Great coverage over shaved shadow.

Spend money on good foundation – use cheaper brands for colour

Anonymous

I have been using make up on a daily basis to help my appearance since I was around 16 years old & I forget when the brand came out… but I have been using E.L.F. for sometime now.  They are REALLY affordable & I have never had an issue with their products.  If you are dropping 30 dollars on foundation from MAC I am sure you can afford this stuff just to try out.

Anonymous

I know the feeling, I’ve only started make up recently so I definitely need help like this too. I currently only have lipstick, bronzer, eye shadow and liner, mascara. I keep looking at getting more things but I don’t know what to get or how to use it. Does anyone have any tips on how to do my make up or know any good videos that you could share.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOH73VB564

This video compares ELF and MAC… I don’t even tell a difference at the end…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?