Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I used to buy any makeup that looked good.  But then I did some research and found some disturbing articles.  Here is a paragraph from one of those.  I have since changed out all my makeup for toxic free variety.

huff post article –

But new research may chip away at your worry-free tradition of weekly mani-pedis: A study led by Duke University and the public health advocacy organization Environmental Working Group suggests that we absorb at least one potentially hormone-disrupting chemical every time we get a polish. While the impact of this chemical on our health is still unclear, the fact that our body can absorb chemicals through nail polish is cause for concern.

From allure.com

“‘Clean beauty’ is a much better term for the consumer as the products are non-toxic and still effective,” says King. “‘Non-toxic’ means free from undesirable ingredients listed by the Environmental Working Group. This is better than claiming ‘natural’ or ‘organic’ as they are products that perform without compromising safety. People want natural because they assume natural ingredients are safe, which is not necessarily the case. They also may not be as effective as synthetic materials.”

This brings us to another point: An ingredient might be natural or organic, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no chance you’ll have an adverse or allergic reaction to it, so it’s important to be aware of what you’re using and how your body responds.

I forgot to add that my profile picture is from a makeover by MAC at Ulta.  MAC came up as containing some toxic ingredients.

I always try to buy quality brands that work well for my skin

Jane Doe
      Lady

Makeup isn’t my thing but I would urge everyone to seek out cruelty-free products, not just non-toxic ones.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Jennifer, I do only buy makeup from big companies, the quality is much better. I do have to be careful with products that say things like: color stay, long lasting, and so on. The reason is my situation calls for me to completely be able to remove all signs of my makeup the next day. I don’t recall the brand, but I used their mascara only to find it wouldn’t not come off, wore sunglasses for two days, lol.

Great poll Jennifer.

I didn’t realise that about nail polish. Perhaps have to try acrylics and gel.

I wonder what other nasties are a part of our war paint??? I’m now also wondering about hair products and if they can be hazardous to health?

Take care girls – really!

Anne-Marie.

Anonymous

I’m not so worried about the toxins but I have to use water based make up as I have sensitive skin allergies. I think I’ve said before I even have to watch what kind of soaps and detergents we use as they make me break out in some very uncomfortable spots if you catch my drift. So make up yes, I bought some regular drug store items once and the results weren’t  pleasurable.

Krista
      Duchess

My SO never wears any makeup and I only wear it on rare occasions (when she is on an out-of-town trip and I decide to get all glammed up). I’m one of those lucky people with pretty good skin, very little facial or body hair, no Adam’s apple, so I pass for female pretty much daily whenever I’m out and about. This morning while shopping at three stores (wearing no makeup and dressed androgynously), I passed for female at two of them (the third store, the cashier knew me from before as a man). I strongly agree with the comment to look for makeup that wasn’t tested on animals. I’m going to go through my makeup and check for toxins. Great topic, thanks Jennifer, Hugs, Krista.

The thing to watch for, which has caused a lot of controversy are Parabens. These are included in many cosmetics to increase shelf life to stop the product ‘going off’, like preservatives really. Many cosmetics now come ‘paraben free’, it is true to say that your skin can and does absorb toxins quite easily, of course this all depends on the individuals sensitivity or allergy to the ingredients. Interestingly, many people actually make their own cosmetics through natural methods avoiding the chemical route altogether……

Love and kisses, Fiona-Ann xxxxx

I wear paraben free make up daily watching the different brands to be sure not to purchase anything that may have toxins. God knows we are exposed to a huge amount of toxins daily just going thru our everyday lives.

lol.

Just what I was thinking.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?