• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Adornment and enhancement has in the past been the fashion thrust of both sexes.
      In that light what we are doing as crossdressers is actually more “normal” for us than the men who crop their hair, wear harsh, dully coulored fabrics and colognes that smell like road graders.
      I tell MUA’s and hairstlists this: Walk through the 17th century European collection of any major art gallery and you will see men with flowing locks of hair, makeup, stockings, skirts, corsets, platform shoes, and all manner of jewellery.
      What happened was war, conquest, exploration, pioneering, construction….all of which were male domains that require more rugged, robust and eventually earth-toned camoflaged attire.
      That male fashion “construct” has never found its way back to reality.
      In almost any other animal species it is almost always the male with the pretty fur, feathers or scales…..and the female with the less obvious appearance.

J J
      Lady

True, historically men were just as commonly adorned as women, but even in the paintings you reference, there was a marked difference between male and female dress. Even today there are some fashion trends that cross over, but there is still a strong distinction between male and female clothing. Some fashion magazines show men wearing various levels of make up and nail polish, but generally still in more typical male clothes.

Most of this is a moot point, since most of us enjoy the sensations that come from wearing women’s items, not male accepted variations. Many reject bras and panties designed for men for the simple reason, they are not women’s bras and panties.

Anonymous

They aren’t “women’s” items, they are items social constructs have placed in the “girls”” toybox. Those who ventured, actually returned to, an appreciation of the artistic and the sensuality of those items, fabrics, scents and colours were often ridiculed as “fags, “Homos”, “fruits” when in fact they were only doing what comes naturally in our DNA.

Although young at the time I do remember the sixties was an era brought in maybe by the Beetles by men growing their hair long and fashion styles of bell bottom pants and girlie shirts. I also saw pictures of young boys dressed as girls till the age of 7. Look at early pictures of presidents FDR and Teddy Roosevlt as children. Hopefully these fashions will return again

That would be ,” The Beatles”. Yes, I had a Beatle haircut and was often told I looked like John Lennon.  Yes even had the round eye glasses to boot. Sundays go to church clothing included a Nehru jacket, and bell bottoms were a staple clothing item. We actually widened our bell bottoms by sewing an insert into the bell portion making them even bigger. Got my first ear piercing in the late 60’s.

Yes girls, I had long hair in school, was always getting called to the principle’s office and told to get it cut cuz I “looked like a girl”…couldn’t tell him that was the idea. LOL
      I was the first kid to wear Beatle boots, flared slacks and the tapered “girly” shirts with mega buttons and puffy sleeves. It all felt so “right” but got me into a lot of trouble from the bullies.
      LOL, now you might know how old I could be…

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

OMG, forgot about the Beatle boots.  Lol. Had them too, along with the fabulous Peacoat or Pea jacket. Never wore the puffy blouses I don’t think, but lots of Paisley shirts in pink or mauve. Life was just an absolute thrill every day back then. Send me back now please.

Anonymous
        Lady

Lauren, your post reminded me of my navy blue and white stripped hip hugger bell bottoms I got in Atlanta and wore in high school. I was the first in my school to wear such and got a lot of negative attention from staff and male peers. The vice principle once told me to not wear those “hippie” pants again… but of course I did… lol

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?