Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

The nights are the worst…., the ghosts of my past come to haunt me, like a Scrooge on Christmas Eve………my weeks in the Jungle, the vines that entagled me, I came to good but evil was wrought.

Baby Killer

When I was a Babe, of twenty gentle years

I didn’t want to die, just like all my peers

Neither had I wished to kill, to keep myself alive

Didn’t make no sense, so I just closed my eyes

Sometimes, I really wish, I had never been

Not within this deadly world, of hatred and sin

Where children die so early, for nothing more than greed

And Children are the ones, forced into this heinous deed

Even if you manage to survive, return to life and light

You can’t release the anger and the pain

It will always find you, come seeking you again

Nothing can protect you, from the dreams that come at night

So I am sitting here in darkness, looking for a way

To make amends for being, to weak to just walk away

Tell the Children not to follow,when the dogs of war are come

Tell the war mongers, to go to Hell, and face what they have become.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Pretty powerfull stuff! Certainly makes one think.

As a young man here in Canada in the late 60’s and early 70’s, I knew that if went to war, I could be called upon to do ones’ duty, as you so eloquenty describe above. I do not know how I would of fared, whether I would of been mourned, or one of those survivors that live on with the scars.

Amy

Amy……..I was a Canadian Volunteer along with 2 friends who did not return. Dad was aCanadian Soldier who landed at Normandy, Grandpa was in WW1 as were Uncles and Cousins of his. My other Grandfather was Quarter-Master.I guess you could say I came from a Military mind-set about duty. We went to Nam in place of those who would not, in place of those too afraid to.  It was all for nothing as what we learned and saw of black market, drug dealing, prostitiution.corruption in the Military and the Governments USA and Canada/Australia/Korea…..destroyed my idea of patriotism and honesty. as we all said…..”It don’t mean nothin”. At Age 18, 2 minutes into Tan Son Nhut, under attack by rockets and sappers, an innocent boy became a man…….as a medic, I lost my first patient and killed 5 enemy soldiers,  the first of many more, a Hero???? No a scared young man who was thrust into ugliness that scarred him forever and taught him of the ugliness of human beings.

As a female now…….it doesn’t hurt any less but seems like I have a better understanding of what females faced in the past and that females are changing to be more male like….soldiers….I cry to see this. It goes on and on…..never changes. Thank you for your kind words………may God Bless.

Dame Veronica

Powerfull,! Py x.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Veronica,
      I never served but both my parents did as did my brother. and my dad did spend a year in Vietnam. I know there are times when war is necessary to defeat evil in the world but I also appreciate the terribly high cost you and others who fought had to pay both during the fighting and for the rest of your lives. I thank you for the sacrifice you made that others might live their lives in freedom.. The motto of the university I attened is “Ut Prosim”-“that I may serve” . You certainly lived that motto yourself and also as Orwell was reported to have said (otr similar thoughts anyway) -“We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us”

Cyn

Gisela Claudine
      Duchess - Annual

You usually leave me in reflection. Another wonderful poem.

Gisela

Thank you for your poem, and sharing your soul with us.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Poet’s Corner’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?