- January 14, 2021 at 8:25 am #432372Ginny VirginiaParticipantRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 156Has thanked: 616 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
I am just wondering what everyone is listening to or dancing to these days. My music follows my mood, which is almost always sunny, except in times of riots and such and whether I am dressed or not, as I am today. Today I am listening to the Killers, David Bowie, IU (k-pop), a little bit of Springsteen, and Sia. Hope springs eternal. please share!
Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 16, 2021 at 2:00 am #433780Charlotte GainsbourgLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 92Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
I am with you, my music tastes follow my mood. I have been listening to Michael Kiwanuka third album called Kiwanuka, which is a lush, immersive album of politicised soul, exploring themes of self-doubt, faith and civil rights.
Last night after a run, I listening to the song The Cave by Mumford and Sons about 4 times in a row, as the beat and words resonate with me at the moment. “Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how To live my life as it’s meant to be ” xxx
- January 16, 2021 at 4:29 am #433856Ginny VirginiaLadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 156Has thanked: 616 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
I love Mumford and Sons! some of the Corrs older music is great as well. I’m also in a bit of a French phase right now, so Patricia Kaas, Michel Sardoux, Jean-Jacques Goldman all on the platter today. I heard Mahler’s 4th for the first time in a long time yesterday. Brought back a memory or two.
- January 16, 2021 at 1:34 am #433771Alice RobinsonLadyRegistered On: July 3, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
My favourite song to dance to at the moment is ‘I’ m a man’ by Chicago. Amazing tune,and I love the irony.
Usually my go to is Reach by S Club 7 or anything by Girls Aloud for a cheesy dance in the kitchen (but dont tell the guys I was in a doom metal band with!).
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Alice Robinson.
- January 16, 2021 at 1:30 am #433770Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 444Has thanked: 377 timesBeen thanked: 2011 times
- January 16, 2021 at 7:30 pm #434188
- January 15, 2021 at 3:07 pm #433600MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 52Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 249 times
thumb sucking stuff : grateful dead, van morrison, philip glass to name a few. But yesterday, Tina Turner tickled my brain, and I splurged out on her youtube stuff. “A change gonna come” with Robert Cray . Sublime
- January 15, 2021 at 2:58 pm #433599MissMeisha MirandaLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
- January 16, 2021 at 1:27 am #433766
- January 15, 2021 at 2:21 pm #433591Shelby ParisLadyRegistered On: December 19, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 15 times
Some wonderful choices to be sure! I’m a prog rocker myself. Favorites include Yes (who I’ve seen live 35 times), Pink Floyd, The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, Spock’s Beard, Porcupine Tree and Genesis.
Love Blues and Jazz, but more mood setting for me than active listening. Love Classical music as well, Dvorak especially, and the movie soundtrack genre, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.
- January 15, 2021 at 1:18 pm #433574PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 390 timesBeen thanked: 246 times
My tastes are all over the place. Beatles obviously. Classic rock. Doo wop, Motown. Blues, Blue Grass. Country. Even some newer stuff. But The Doors, Zeppelin, Stones and the Dead have always been favorites. Also fond of the Celtic Women. Good question Thanks Pru
- January 15, 2021 at 1:05 pm #433557Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 190Has thanked: 844 timesBeen thanked: 745 times
Hi Ginny I have very similar tastes to Jane Plain, I love Seventies music and Opera from all decades. I love listening to any soprano such beautiful voices, for me there is only one Mariah Callas. Seventies music I love numerous artists especially glam rock.
- January 16, 2021 at 1:30 am #433769
- January 15, 2021 at 12:39 pm #433227Jessica RossLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 148Has thanked: 215 timesBeen thanked: 585 times
David Bowie passed away 5 years ago and I have been revisiting his music.
And looking back at the Stones, Animals, The Byrds, Mamas and Papas, Fleetwood Mac…
And thinking about the 60’s and all the bands that were introduced on stage by Ed Sullivan.
Do we remember Herman’s Hermits, The Dave Clark Five….
Ok I just dated myself.
- January 15, 2021 at 12:09 pm #433209Kara SumtymesLadyRegistered On: November 16, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 26Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 69 times
I am & have been in & out of bands so I kind of listen to almost anything but really grew up listening to the heavy type of music 🎶 first except the Grateful Dead I don’t know?? I could never really get into that maybe because I am & wasn’t much of a pot-head I do like to drink 🍺 from time to time probably because of my age now being older lol I find it hard for me to,,, like & get into the new kind of metal music with all the deep yelling screaming I’ll take my sabbath anytime 👍🎤🥁🎼 lol
- January 15, 2021 at 11:31 am #433195AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 65Replies: 317Has thanked: 811 timesBeen thanked: 1128 times
- January 15, 2021 at 11:14 am #433167Tiffany WylderLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
- January 15, 2021 at 3:35 am #432953Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 125Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
Currently in my playlist is Three Days Grace cover of Someone that I used to know as well as I hear trouble coming by Royal Blood and Be Legendary by Pop Evil.
I will listen to a little bit of everything but my likes mostly go to heavier music such as Five Finger Death Punch, Megadeth, (Old) Metallica, and Killswitch Engage.
- January 15, 2021 at 3:05 am #432940Jane PlainLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
My taste is very broad. Love a lot of the artists already mentioned such as Bowie. Choices depend on my mood but regulars are:
Florence and the machine
I’m into 70s music of late. If you listen to the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks you’ll understand why.
Opera is also part of my likes . Try listening to Puccini (must be loud – sit down, shut your eyes) ‘O mio bambino caro’ and not feel the emotion.
Dodie is also great – brilliant lyrics about life.
I also like some opera which in the past I could not stand.
- January 15, 2021 at 2:45 am #432928Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 245Has thanked: 279 timesBeen thanked: 649 times
Oh… dear departed David… the thin white duke! What an absolute stunner of a man he was. I went to an after concert party in 1978 and met him and again in 1999 in Gothenburg, Sweden at a jam session. What a sad loss to the worlds it was to lose him… my heart broke! I dressed like him at the beginning of the 70’s and had all his albums. Even now he is a favourite.
I can understand how easy it was to love him but…
Anyways… please lift a glass or three to the maestro of glam rock… David Bowie
we miss you xxx Polly
- January 15, 2021 at 3:30 am #432950LadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 156Has thanked: 616 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
How cool that you got to meet him! He is a god. We can be heroes!
I forgot to put Minnesota’s own Prince, one of the greatest guitarists ever. I met him at a theatre cast party right before he caught fire. Nice fellow. We miss him as well!
- January 15, 2021 at 3:35 am #432952
- January 15, 2021 at 12:17 am #432737Blink To Pink EnchantedDuchessRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 77Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 212 times
Hey Ginny. I have found that as long as we are around young people our music “library” continues to grow. Alas, mine, for the most part, stopped at Genesis! I look to Diana Krall genre on SiriusXM. Love Natalie Cole (and her father). There are many great tunes with Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald singing together. Queen Latifa has a great voice no matter what she sings. Bette Midler.
Songs of the 80s (My favorite decade). Jackson Browne always associated with a more introspective mood.
Classical is always on in my office.
Ooh, I also love so many show tunes (Pippin, Hamilton, Chorus Libe)and Disney movie songs (Phil Collins Tarzan, Robin Williams Aladdin).
Well, you asked…
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Blink To Pink Enchanted.
- January 14, 2021 at 11:36 pm #432727Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 826Has thanked: 6659 timesBeen thanked: 3217 times
My music is as varied as an old fashioned music store. Mostly rock n roll of all types, some pop, country,classical, new age. From ABBA to ZZ Top, like previously mentioned, with side trips into soundtracks and musicals (mostly my mom’s). I am a dedicated Dead Head, have probably all of Springsteen and Pink Floyd, Cat Stevens to John Denver.
12 days of music on my laptop, 927 tunes on my Ipod in the car. An unknown number of LP’s, cassettes, CD’S, and even still a few 8tracks. I am an audiophile I do believe.
- January 15, 2021 at 12:40 pm #433228Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 245Has thanked: 279 timesBeen thanked: 649 times
Definitely Bruce Springsteen… an icon of American music. I lean towards the introspective side myself… Van Morrison, surf music from Donovan Frankenreiter, Orbital, some trance etc. But… on the other hand… Blues Rock rules! Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, George Thoroughgood, Offspring, Green Day…
Totally eclectic style and full of generational changes but I’m afraid I haven’t the patience to listen to Pink Floyd anymore.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 14, 2021 at 1:49 pm #432487Julia BloomLadyRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
- January 14, 2021 at 10:59 pm #432721
- January 14, 2021 at 1:27 pm #432483Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 248Has thanked: 4684 timesBeen thanked: 1169 times
I’m very eclectic when it comes to music. Anything from Annie Lennox to Wagnerian opera music, ABBA to ZZ Top, even some country. I’ve got a 4 day Playlist on my phone the I put on random and you never know what might come out. Pink Floyd or Nickelback, Garth Brooks, or Ramstein.
- January 14, 2021 at 12:17 pm #432466KathleenDuchessRegistered On: February 20, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 142Has thanked: 474 timesBeen thanked: 542 times
- January 14, 2021 at 10:26 am #432428Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 433Has thanked: 662 timesBeen thanked: 1559 times
Getting deep with some Pink Floyd right now listening to the Wall, we saw Rodger Waters a couple of years back, phenominal show. After this I’ll just put on the radio, it’s nice to have the human voice and a variety of music.
- January 14, 2021 at 11:12 pm #432722Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 811Has thanked: 3944 timesBeen thanked: 4289 times
- January 14, 2021 at 10:13 am #432419Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2236 times
Well I like most things but I’m hard rock and metal to a fault.
Always some kind of rock, AC/DC, Foreigner, ZZ Top, Heart, Def Leppard, Ozzy, etc.
European Symphonic Power Metal is where its at if you really want to hear some female singing talent.
Nightwish with Floor Jansen, Within Temptation, and others.
Enemy Inside with the song Phoenix is a really nice one. Ive posted some stuff in the music room here.
XO Robyn 🤘😝🎸❤️💋💃
- January 14, 2021 at 9:14 am #432390Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1712Has thanked: 3055 timesBeen thanked: 5795 times
I don’t often listen to music, anymore, except when driving. I may turn on Pandora when working in the kitchen, and rarely, pull up one of the MP3 files in my desktop. And what do I listen to? Always the same: Bix, Red Nichols, Jelly Roll Morton and Paul Whiteman. I’m forever a Jazz Baby.
- January 14, 2021 at 9:11 am #432389stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1392Has thanked: 2066 timesBeen thanked: 6005 times
The Lord of The Rings Symphony – by Howard Shore.
I love the Hobbit and Rohan themes, and especially the Elven ones. I have a girly crush on Galadriel the Elven Queen of Lorien (as played by Cate Blanchett). Keeper of Nenya – the Ring of Adamant. She scrubs up well for a 7,000 year old!
- January 14, 2021 at 9:09 am #432388Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 319Has thanked: 219 timesBeen thanked: 1252 times
I love music. Due to work and everything going on, I haven’t found time to chill out to music of late.
On my playlist is :
– Taylor Swift
– Hailee Steinfeld
– Sabrina Carpenter
– Victoria Justice
– Spice Girls
– Rachel Platten
– Mandy Moore
– Katy Perry
– Carly Rae Jepsen
– Dove Cameron
- January 14, 2021 at 8:33 am #432375Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 53Replies: 1490Has thanked: 6917 timesBeen thanked: 8319 times
A beautiful Scottish lassie…Amy Macdonalds latest album….and of course ” evermore” and ‘ folklore” by Taylor swift…..and lots of porcupine tree….
Grace ( I think this could be in the wrong forum) Scarlett xx
- January 14, 2021 at 10:07 am #432413Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2236 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.