Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have been interviewed a couple times by our local news and even have some time on live TV under my belt. But I had not come out publicly yet.

Today, I was asked to do an interview out of the blue. If I had known ahead of time, I would have touched up my eyebrows, lol. But they weren’t too bad. I also had my feminine earrings in. My nails are looking a little rough but they didn’t do any closeups on them. But the best part was that I wore my newest pair of women’s skinny jeans today and had them tucked inside my work boots. It’s too bad my pink women’s cut work shirts aren’t in yet. They also shot some footage of me working so my nice skinny jeans are on full display. I no longer get excited about being on TV but I am excited to see how obvious my femme touches are and what kind of response I get from people that don’t know yet. I love putting it out there and helping raise awareness.

Very cool Mika. Be sure to send us the link to that interview before your 15 minutes are up.

C❤️

I’ll send a link. Every time they interview me, they seem to get some facts twisted. But I suppose nobody here would know except @Philma Bierstein.

It’s kinda funny that I am a little reluctant because I have facial hair, lol. But I’ll probably share it anyway. They don’t post these  until after they run the story on the broadcast. I’ll keep my eyes open for it.

It’s an ongoing story so I’m sure I have more time in the spotlight. Plus, only one of my other appearances was related to this story. Due to my advocacy in the community, I’m sure they’ll be contacting me for other stuff when this story finally ends.

Anonymous

Congrats Mika you a tv star now. Looking forward to seeing the clip  Like Clara says send us the link.

Donna

I’ll post a link as soon as it’s available. They wait until after the broadcast to post them.

Anonymous

Thank you Mika

danielle
      Baroness

good for you mika talk about taking to a high level you inspire us all you go girl

I wish I could have been more femme but the nature of my job makes fully dressing impractical. So, I just try to add as much femininity as possible. Well, except for my whiskers.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

So happy for you, Mika. Pushing the boundries, you can be an inspiration for all of us. Myself had had my nails done and been out with them for almost 3 weeks now. If you take a peak at my profile and you can see my nails.
      . . Cassie

Thanks, Cassie! That’s so awesome about your nails. Do they spell anything specifically?

I have a nail art gallery with all the designs I have had since June. https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/members/trailgirl/mediapress/my-nail-art/

Girls comment often on how much they like my nails. I’ve had positive comments from a couple of guys too. One said that his son was into that and would love them.

Cassie Jayson
          Duchess

Yes, my nails say I S U CY. Stands for Iowa State University and Cy is the mascot. I figured this would give me coverage for having my nails done.
          P S I am alreadythinking that in a month or so, when I get used to my nails and my co-workers and customers get use to them that I will get them done in another color.I am thinking a pale pink or a light lavender color.
          . . Cassie

I try touching mine up and making them last as long as possible before redoing them. My coworkers are all used to it by now. Feels really good not hiding things anymore.

I’m not far from Iowa. I’m in Saint Joseph, MO.

Anonymous
      Lady

Good for you, Mika!!!  Were they interviewing you because of your job or because you ARE ‘out there’ as we say or both?  🙂

*kisses* tara 🙂

Thanks, Tara. It was because of the bike park being built here in Saint Joseph. I dreamed it up five years ago and have been involved in every stage of its development. I have had multiple TV appearances because of it. My job is actually a direct result of my efforts in developing the park. They decided that they needed someone to take care of their investment and created my position. I wasn’t out for any of my other appearances. But it was obvious to the crew that there was something queer going on. The reporter has my phone # and email. Who knows? If she ever decides to do some other story on transgender people, she might contact me for that, too.

Hugs.

Alice Black
      Duchess

Good for  you. I applaud your courage.

Alice Black

Thanks, Alice. I wish I had some kind of advanced warning that the news crew was going to show up. I would have made sure my feminine touches were a bit more obvious.

Hugs!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?