• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Liz.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Liz
      Lady

Okey, who’s growing out their OWN nails & have you encountered any problems, both physically or phycological?

Hello Liz, I was growing mine and actually just cut the back and filed them.  There were getting pretty long and didn’t have any problems or anyone say a word other then my wife mentioned they were getting pretty long.

Ashley❤️

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Having nails is definitely interesting, I let mine grow to almost 3/16 and then cut them back a bit. I’ve notice a few people looking but I really don’t care. Its my hand not theirs.    My wife commented that my long ass nails were longer than hers. I think she was a bit jealous, as they rarely ever break and they grow very straight.

Liz
        Lady

I find it funny when women are envious we do some femme things better 😏

I try to keep mine about 1/8 inch, but as a mechanic, I do break or chip the edges occasionally
      Regi

Twice this year I’ve tried growing mine but as soon as they get anywhere near a decent length, they break, crack or the ends become jagged.  Really annoying as I’d love long (ish) nails.  The third attempt will be once salons are allowed to open here in the UK and I can get there and have the pros sort them out.  I have already e-mailed them to organise both a mani and a pedi so have high hopes. I’ve not seen anybody to get comments apart form wife who I don’t think noticed hehe.

I think if I want pretty nails, and I really really do, then I will need to go down the fake route.

I think a rounded oval shape would probably suit me better.  I don’t have the longest fingers in the world so I hope this shape would give the perception of longer fingers than they are.

Also thinking fake are probably easier to remove than top coat, polish and base coat, although I have read some good things about quickies wipes so I will likely take some advice on that when the time comes.

Love Rachel

Liz
        Lady

Try taking BIOTIN. It’ll take a bit but should help ❤️

Anonymous

Liz,

A few years ago I talked to my doctor regarding ny nails cracking, splitting and chipping and he suggested thgat I try Biotin. He told me that some people have great results with it and others don’t. Well guess which group I was in. After more than 6 months my nails were still cracking, splitting and chipping. So at my next appointmant I told him that for me it didn’t work.

So there you have it, it may or may not work for you, but give it a try and good luck I hope you end up withn some beautiful nails.

Kathleen

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

constantly TRYING to grow mine out. They have gotten SO brittle that I can’t get any length! I am lucky enough to have long nailbeds, so they don’t look too short when painted. I’m thinking about keeping them painted with clear to help prevent breaking and splitting.

Any advice would be welcome!!!

Hugs

Rayna

No intention of growing them out, the problem I am having is findind press on that are wide enough for my fingers, especially my thumb. I have purchased several types and even the largest in the pack dont work.

Anonymous

Try Static Nails! They seem to have wider nails and come in several styles and colors. They also have clear nails that you can apply your favorite polish to…

Hugs… Lisa

Liz
        Lady

Amazon crossdresser nail pack..

Just keyboard problems so far, Liz! Typing has been really something that’s been good for me as I’ve spent some time in IT. Recently, with the longer fingernails my full fingered typing has been crap… I’m going to have to alter my finger placement somewhat…

Otherwise, all the better to scratch with and with my preferred nail polish… all the better to stand out!

Grrr… Polly Pussy Purr xxx

Liz
        Lady

Oh meow!❤️

I’ve been growing out my own nails for a long time. They are normally about 1/4inch long. I like the way it makes my fingers look longer and thinner. I have even received compliments from cashiers when shopping. There is always a chance of chipping or breaking. Something I found that helps with mine is I apply 1 or 2 coats of Nail Aid artificial nails before applying color. It helps strengthen the nails to resist damage. I get it at Walmart but I’m sure it’s available elsewhere.

Liz
        Lady

I take Biotin everyday 😁

Hi Liz,

I’m growing my nails out. I found the most wonderful manicurist here in Tucson, Sarah.

I see her every three weeks. Usually in the third week a nail will chip and I have to clip it. And I invariably cut myself.

I find myself, like now, looking at my hands and noticing that they look healthier, but also longing to have nail polish on.

Lee Ann

Liz
      Lady

I’m on 2mo now w only 2nail breaks. Not giving up. They’re growing back☺️

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?