Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I finally tried false nails tonight…wow…!  Talk about a “femme rush” they felt so good…can only imagine how special real ones must make a girl feel…can’t wait for next opportunity to be Kim…!

Kim

I love doing my nails unfortunately I can’t do it as much as I would like.

Rose
      Lady

I love doing my nails, even if I can’t type or do other “normal” things while wearing them. I do try to find times when I can leave them on for more than one day at a time, though, just to get the most bang for my buck. Which, right now at least, means I won’t be able to do them again until mid-June unless I can’t take it any longer and do them just for a day.

Anonymous

Yea Kim I have been telling everyone in chat to try the fake nails. It is a real rush and feel so feminin

I love having my nails done, especially when they match my toes and I have a long weekend to enjoy them. But I’m getting way too good at cooking, writing, typing, doing my makeup, etc with nails on  😉
      I think that for Halloween this year I’m going to take a day or two off work and get my nails done professionally in almond/stiletto shape tips “for a dress up party” he he he.

I have purchased them, but until I can have a 24-hour time period of solitude I don’t think it would be worth the trouble. By the way does acetone ruin the fake nails or does it just break down the glue?

Anonymous

The acetone will destroy the nails and it’s a good ten minute process.

Had a make over session with photos about a week ago and I used pre-colored press-on nails and I was really impressed with how they looked.  I purchased them from Amazon and there were 200 individual nails in the package.  And as  I said they looked really nice.  And with the press-on tape they lasted a good while.

Rose
      Lady

[quote quote=52924]I have purchased them, but until I can have a 24-hour time period of solitude I don’t think it would be worth the trouble. By the way does acetone ruin the fake nails or does it just break down the glue? [/quote]

Yeah, this is exactly what I mean. I love doing them, but unless I can get most of a weekend out of it I don’t find it’s worth the effort (or cost) right now.

I’ve tried “recycling” them, but it doesn’t work. With a bit of patience, I can pry them off my fingernails without damaging the nail – real or fake. But, the glue that’s still on the back of the fake nail makes it so I can’t get it to lay nicely again the next time I try. Others, of course, may have better luck…

I love getting my nails done but almost without fail after I invest in having them professionally done, I end up chipping one within two days.  Frustrating!

I’ve never had my hands done professionally, but maybe this Halloween if I can book a couple extra days off, I will go completely mad at the nail place down the street. Something in a long almond tip, in a wicked color? Black Glitter maybe?
        I did my toes with OPI “Madame President” red, and multicolored glitter topcoat, and they have lasted super long- 3 weeks? They aren’t chipped, by they have grown out far enough that it’s time to re-do them (such a shame to take it off… lol)

Anonymous

Ok now I going to have to getting some nails sounds like a lot of fun

I put clear polish on my finger nails, but after I use the bottle a few times, it doesn’t seem to apply smoothly. It’s like the brush is drying up.  Has anyone had this issue and what is the solution?

Anonymous

I so love keeping my nails looking good. I enjoy having them done professionally. I keep a shiny clear coat on them all the time. I am fortunate that I do not have a job where it would be an issue or a type of work where it would damage my nails.

I love having long nails. They top off an outfit and feel awesome. They are actually the one thing my wife likes about my dressing. She is a hound dog for massages and loves to get them with the added bonus of the long nails.

I use to have a really hard time getting the glue of my real nails.  At least 10 minutes of soaking in acetone for each hand. Now I put a coat of clear top coat polish on first. Then, after I pop/peel them off I can get the glue off like it’s regular nail polish.

I’ve never had real acrylics, but would love to try them. If I ever attend a tg/cd conference, I think the first thing I’ll do is to get a full set. Though, I’m not sure how difficult it is to get them off. Has anyone tried these and know how they are removed?

Nails are big on my list. I have fairly large hands, any suggestions on where to find large size fake nails would be much appreciated.

[quote quote=59826]Nails are big on my list. I have fairly large hands, any suggestions on where to find large size fake nails would be much appreciated. [/quote]
      I just recently bought some Kiss Coffin Shape Nails, and they look So Good! I filed the length down just slightly so that I could still function while wearing them, but I’m pretty good at typing and living with long nails. My fingers aren’t huge, but the largest nail they offer JUST fits my thumbs.  You may have to take some time and learn how to do proper acrylic nails to yourself. They are lots of reasonably priced kits, and Lots of YouTube videos to show you how, but it takes time and practice,… and they are not easy to remove.

Teri Lee
        Lady

I got my wide nails at janetscloset. I’ve seen them on Amazon, too….but they were more expensive.

OK, so my friend came over last weekend and was trying to fix a nail on her dominant hand with a home acrylic kit. She was struggling and frustrated, so we went online and watched 3 videos on how to do acrylic nails. She tried again, and I watched. When she finally gave up, I gave it a shot, and I did 10 times better than her. It is way easier to do with your dominant hand, facing the person that you are working on.
      So she left the kit at my place and I went back to watching more videos. Then, I started with my pinkys, alternating hands back and forth. By the time I got to my index finger, I think I was getting way better.
      For me, using the nail tips is super easy, but just for kicks, I took a couple of nails off and did my ring fingers in a longer almond/stiletto shape, using a nail form – not a tip.
      Admittedly I’m a total rookie at this, and they needed significant filing and buffing, but once they were painted, they looked SO HOT! And the feeling on the acrylic is totally different from the cheap clicky feeling of press on nails.
      I found a place in my city where I can buy a year’s supply of acrylic nail supplies wholesale for under 100.00, (White, Pink and Clear for all kinds of looks) and I’m going to picking that up before the weekend!

If you don’t have the resources and patience to do this for yourself, find yourself a reason to get some sexy acrylic nails done. Halloween?  🙂
      Some nail techs will even do house calls, which is Awesome!

[quote quote=63761]OK, so my friend came over last weekend and was trying to fix a nail on her dominant hand with a home acrylic kit. She was struggling and frustrated, so we went online and watched 3 videos on how to do acrylic nails. She tried again, and I watched. When she finally gave up, I gave it a shot, and I did 10 times better than her. It is way easier to do with your dominant hand, facing the person that you are working on. So she left the kit at my place and I went back to watching more videos. Then, I started with my pinkys, alternating hands back and forth. By the time I got to my index finger, I think I was getting way better. For me, using the nail tips is super easy, but just for kicks, I took a couple of nails off and did my ring fingers in a longer almond/stiletto shape, using a nail form – not a tip. Admittedly I’m a total rookie at this, and they needed significant filing and buffing, but once they were painted, they looked SO HOT! And the feeling on the acrylic is totally different from the cheap clicky feeling of press on nails. I found a place in my city where I can buy a year’s supply of acrylic nail supplies wholesale for under 100.00, (White, Pink and Clear for all kinds of looks) and I’m going to picking that up before the weekend! If you don’t have the resources and patience to do this for yourself, find yourself a reason to get some sexy acrylic nails done. Halloween? 🙂 Some nail techs will even do house calls, which is Awesome! [/quote]
      So I went to the beauty supplies place and purchased the stuff that I needed, and few extra things. I took in a list, and none of the staff batted an eyelash at me buying stuff. Well 150.00 later I headed home and started practicing. The better product, brushes and tools makes a huge difference from those Kiss or Nailene kits! I did re-do 4 nails, but I have had these sexy turquoise nails (which match my toenails) since Thursday, and I haven’t had much trouble functioning. They are square and just a bit longer than the “short” kiss false nails. I tried a couple of coffin and stiletto nails in the practice fingers, and I am really good at the almond/stiletto shape, so I’m probably going to do that next weekend. I would guess that I have enough product to do 500 nails, so in the long run it would be chreaper than buying the drug store sets anyway.
      I’ve been watching tons of tutorials online, and now I want to get a Gel lamp and some holo-glitters, chrome powders,  and gels.

Anonymous

I wear full acrylic nails using adhesive nails tabs to keep them in place.  Since I consider nails an accessory, I wear them every time I dress, and I switch up the shade every time.  One day it’s purple, the next it’s red, and the next it’s blue.  I used to use adhesive tabs from Sally Beauty Supply but sadly they stopped selling them.  I was in such a panic when that happened, but fortunately, I found a similar product on Amazon.  They come from China, but they are actually better than the tabs from Sally Beauty.  These new tabs hold incredibly well and I can actually wear my nails for several days if I choose to.  I can even shower and wash my hands without worrying that the adhesive is going to fail.  I always get wonderful compliments about my nails, and I wouldn’t be caught dead without wearing them.

I use Kiss full, square tip, medium length, nails.  They come in a package of 100 with many sizes.  There is a perfect size for each of my fingers, except for my thumb.  For the thumb, I have to heat that nail in hot water and flatten it, so it conforms to my thumb nail’s natural curve.  After this minor adjustment, I have a perfect set of fitted acrylic nails.

Hugs,

Sally

My 2 great passions are doing my nails and strutting in high heels. I used glue on fake nails but I am going to try the adhesive tape type. I hope they come off easier. I love to do my nails so much, I often do a whole set for just 4 – 5 hours. I have purchased 3 – 500 nail packs of 3 different styles. I sometimes spend an hour or more doing my nails only to take them off in 4 hours! I just wish there was a truly EASY way to remove them. I paint the edges of the nail where it meets the cuticle the night before I apply them. Perfect edges with no polish on the cuticles. Works great!

Nice subject Kim,

Yes Nails are great.

I can’t imagine going out without mine on. I feel un-complete until mine are on.

Press on for me and I make up 5 to 8 different colored sets at a time so I’m ready for whatever mood I’m in.

Sandy

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?