Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So for reasons beyond my control I’ve not been able to dress for a week. I’m finally back at my flat today and the 2 girls I share with have said “ I guess you will need some Clare time now”

too right, now happily dressed up and chatting about our weeks.  I don’t know why getting dressed up just lets the stress disappear

Anonymous

When I am dressed I feel less stress…I drove back from a week in Florida yesterday dressed as Carla and it felt so much better. Seven hours driving is not as bad in a skirt.

Carla

Lockdown was horrible!

No Laura time for months.

I made up for it with plenty of online shopping, and got some lovely outfits, makeup and accessories.

The opening of hotels could not have come any sooner, and my wife totally spoiled me by giving me 3 whole days!

What’s more, is that we handed over the children in Devon yesterday, and now I have the best part of the week home alone.

You know that the drab is safely shut away in drawers and Laura is very busy tidying and earning herself some chill time.

A nice afternoon walk, I think.

It’s a little windy, so a knee length skirt – but a nice floaty one, since it’s quite warm, and you really can’t beat the feeling of silky material being blown around the legs.

With hands strategically near the edge of the hems, it’s not hard to prevent the Marilyn moments!

Yes, dressing after a drought is so relaxing and de-stressing!

That’s the best thing to say about times of not being able to dress, and why I like to book my times in advance.

Love Laura

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Yes it certainly does help with the stress and so comforting for the soul 🌷

Anonymous

I know the feeling, Clare;  I feel stressed now any time I’m not in  a skirt or girly shorts.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Seren
      Baroness

Soooooo true! For the first 9+ weeks of the lockdown I had zero dressing opportunity 🤯

Now things are getting easier at home I can dress (or at least lounge around in a dress) a few times a week. When I was talking to my therapist on Friday she noticed that I was down; ‘not enough self care’ she said…. I realised I hadn’t put on any of my girl things all week.

<u>Remember girls, make time to feel cute. For many (most?) of us, it is critical to our mental health. </u>

PSA from Seren xx

Clare,

From my experience, humans have a variety of activities and states of being that act as stress relievers.  Knowing this, it does not surprise me that having the freedom of dress or the ability to express your full personality openly would be one such activity or state.  I know that it is true for me.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Yes Clare Dressing is such a stress relief just ask my very supportive wife she allways says that , Just go dress up and quit being stressed out and she is right when I cant dress as Stephanie for a bit which is not to often I need to let off steam and Stephanie lets it out nicer than drab me does so yes the old pink fog to the rescue fixes a lot not all but a lot .

Hugs Girlfriend

Stephanie Bass

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Dressing is a nice way to escape your current reality and blow off a little steam.  Unfortunately, I don’t have the ability to dress whenever I want.  I have to rely on doing a few little fem things to take the edge off.

Robin

I could not agree more.

We had a prolonged heat wave, and I couldn’t dress at all due to the hot temps, and I was literally freaking out not being able to transform into Wendy.  The first cool day I absolutely made time for Wendy, it felt so good.

As others have mentioned, I can literally feel the stress melt as soon as I start applying primer on my face for make up.  I am so zoned into being Wendy that nothing else matters and I try to stay as Wendy for as long as possible, thru out the whole time I feel much happier and not as uptight.

Since my spouse does not approve my dressing and we have been together throughout the pandemic, I have not had a chance to dress since a business trip in early March. I do wear ladies compression thigh high stockings every day and continue to shave my legs to at least give me the illusion that I can dress sometimes. I understand the stress of not dressing completely and the absolute relief we get from dressing.

Hopefully, I will be able to fly again for client visits and be able to dress at night in my hotel room. I was chatting this morning with a CD friend in the local area whose spouse is fine with her dressing, but she is lonely for time spent with another CD, something we were able to do last year quite a bit. Whenever my office reopens, I hope to be able to go to her house since she lives close by for both of us to dress and hang out once again even if it is only an hour or two at lunch.

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

A pleasant coincidence to find this topic, since my last chance to dress was first week of August, and so the only thing I have to talk about it is what I’ve been doing to pass the time.  Since then I’d been on vacation with family for a week and there’s really not much in the way of chances in sight for at least another week maybe.  So a little bit of a drought, which I offset with some opportune shopping, and working on pictures to post.  When I can’t be in the present; there is the future to imagine and the past to share!  I suppose that is my way of staying connected to myself, as others here have shared theirs.

Being here is part of staying connected, a self-acknowledgement that I never had before!  It helps to read all the different ways everyone here gets through these times.  I will also say, thanks to having joined CDH and connected with others’ experiences, in the downtime I do have I am thinking about the time ahead in new ways, more proactively, particularly getting out.  It is a question I have to answer differently than the others I have asked myself so far.  So maybe there’s a silver lining in it, a chance to reflect and let all that develop.

I can’t say enough in agreement with the stress relief point.  It is like becoming invisible, more than just forgetting stress, but really being for a little while like you never knew it to begin with.

Anonymous

Clare!!

So many of us are just the same….as girls we are so relaxed, it’s just the realisation ” I am home”…a feeling of contentment and this is me!!!…welcome home babe xx

I totally agree 😘.  I love my Amber time whether I do chores or just a chill session. Stress be gone!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?