Tagged: ,

• This topic has 47 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 44 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have to say I own 6 or 7 different wigs. It took me a while to find one that I felt suited me, framed my face and made it look less “man big”. I went to the beauty supply stores in search of the right wig. But the most of my wigs came from Wish.com. They were so much cheaper than anywhere else. My current fav wig is natural hair and cost $35 plus shipping. It takes sometimes a month to get it but it is so worth it. The synthetic wigs I have are hot to wear. This natural hair wig is cool and moves so nice.

So lady’s, in the comments let us know your score and what would it take to make it a 10.

What are your thoughts about your hair. Love to hear them.

Hugs

Diane

I didn’t vote as I don’t have much hair left on my head, thank you old age !   🙂

I own about 11 wigs, however 4 of them are very good quality, 3 are ok quality, and the rest are what I deem “costume” wig quality.  I only wear those if I am doing things like cooking or house chores, as I don’t want my good wigs to become soiled with cooking grease or soaked in sweat.

The 4 good quality ones, I did lots of research on them before I added to cart.  I made sure the colour (so it best suits my skin tone), style, all framed my face well.

Thanks Wendy. I went to Phoebe Cross here in Ga. for my first crossdressing experience and she put me in this beautiful auburn wig that just looked great on me. I would have bought it from her if she would sell it to me but she wouldn’t. I have tried to find it since with no luck. I really love the one I am pictured in lately. I think it frames my face nicely and feels good on my head. I shave my head by choice. When I know I’m going to dress up I let my bald head grow out just a bit so it grips the wig like velcro.

I picked a 5.  It could look a lot better, and it could look a lot worse too, especially if it was longer, but I have to keep it short for work.  I do own 5 different wigs though, 3 shoulder length and 2 bobs, which makes it kind of fun to switch back and forth for different occasions during the same week or weekend.  It keeps friends guessing, lol.

If I could wear it as long as I wanted, it would be at least down to my shoulder blades, then I could learn to braid it sometimes too.  Women can do so much with their hair, compared to a guy.

PaulaF

Debbie J
      Lady

I picked 5, as, when I can get a haircut, it at least works well enough in guy mode.

For girl mode it would never do. It’s very unruly, always has been. I guess I might be able to manage that “just out of bed look” well enough, but that’s about it.

Anonymous

I picked 1… pretty sure I have more hair on my legs then my head… 😂 and no wigs… yet

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I had to say 7, though some days it’s lower.  I still have most of it, like my color and it is ( slowly!) growing.

I’m just flummoxed and bewildered over what to do with it.  Must look up the meaning of the word – styling.  🙁

Stevie

It depends on what you mean by “my” hair.  My real hair is a dark chocolate brown and is long, like down to my bra strap.  It’s greying, and difficult to get the grey colored out at this current time.  It doesn’t cover my forehead, which has a decidedly masculine look to it, but I can add clip on bangs to do that.  But my hair is extremely fine.  The ends curl up with humidity, and it needs to be flat ironed several times a week.  The total volume of hair is so little that gathering it all into a pony tail I have less than if a genetic woman gathered half the hair on one side of her head.  (My mom also had very fine hair, so it may be genetic and not just a male/female thing.)  I would give it about a 6.

If you mean my wig, I would give it a 9.  It is the same color as my natural hair so the color looks good on me, and I will often let the ends of my natural hair hang below the bottom of my wig.  It has bangs and curves around my face framing it nicely.  It is slightly shorter than my natural hair.  It is comfortable to wear even on hot days.  The hair tends to fall into my face if I look down, so I need two bobby pins to hold it from falling in my face.  I can wear it for long periods of time, but need to remove it for core exercises as it tends to fall off.  I would give it about a 9.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

love my hair and how’s it growing.  2 years in and now down past my bra strap. I’m blessed to be able to grow it out and looking forward to seeing it longer. Full body and with very natural color,  a little bliss of silver just to set it all together. 🌷

Stephanie,

I have always loved your hair. The wave at the bottom is so nice.

Hugs

Diane

Krista
      Duchess

I love my hair. I’m 66 and I haven’t cut it since I retired almost 4 years ago.  It hangs down past my bra strap.  It is starting to get a bit too much gray covering up my lovely natural auburn color.  And I am noticing that it is starting to thin a little bit.  Most woman have told me that they would love to have my hair.  It is so much better having natural hair as opposed to wigs.  I do have two pretty good quality wigs (from those days before I retired) which I’m keeping just in case.  Fingers crossed I won’t need to go back to wearing wigs for a long time to come.  Stay healthy, stay safe, all the best, Hugs, Krista.

Krista, I love your hair! I wish I could grow mine out but it has been so thin for so long I chose to cut it all off decades ago.

Hugs

Diane

I have to go with a 7. I love my natural hair. However, I have kept it military short since I was in high school which does limit the feminine styles..  At the same time, I hate wigs as they make me feel like I am hiding who I am which is something I detest.  I have dabbled with thoughts of growing my hair out. Those thoughts, unfortunately, have not progressed much pass an academic nature.  My loves my short hair, and she loved it before knowing of my feminine feelings.  Additionally, my hair becomes quite unruly in the phase between short and medium length for a man, when it is too short to style, but too long not to be styled. Alas, I will stay with my short hair.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I have shoulder length hair which is now getting very fine and wispy. I keep it coloured and prefer the reds and chocolate colours to my own mousy nondescript tones – not that I actually know what my natural colour is as its been years since its not been dyed.

I used wigs in my early days in the 1980’s,  until a hairdresser chastised me for covering up my natural hair, he gave me a trim and styled it with mouse and gel, then promptly dropped my wig into the bin ! Needless to say I have not bought another wig since then.

I do find that my hair wont hold a curl no matter how long I have heated rollers in or what tongs or products I use.  It looks great at the time,  then when I walk out side close the house door and ‘boof’ … it all reverts back to a semi-scarecrow look !!

However I love my hair and enjoy putting into elaborate styles, so have given an 8 on the scores.

Hugs Dawn

Angela Booth
        Hostess

That’s an interesting combination Dawn – Mouse and gel. Is that a bubble and squeak style?

I am a wig wearer as in the autumn of my life my hair is like the fading leaves on the tress at that time of year. My blond curly locks are but a memory.

It took me many years to get the wigs to my style but now I am happy. I buy as good as I can afford, have a stylist if needed and, more importantly, feel good. 

Anonymous

I voted “8”, but that’s with my natural hair, since I got the perm.  I have 5 wigs, but I could only give them a “4”, because I thought  they all looked too much like wigs, and they were hot to wear.

I have my own long hair, (touches my belt if I lean back), neutral gray. We love to put it different ways, braids, ponytail, pigtail, sloppy bun, or wild and free. Love decorations such as ribbons, bows, barrettes, sparklies. Yes, even in male mode! Of course, i would like it to be thicker like it was in my youth, but am content that I still have hair at my age.

Anonymous

I picked 3. I am trying to restore some lost hair with minoxidil, so maybe I can grow my hair out. In the meantime, I have a couple nice wigs.

Kay

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I answered a 5.  My last haircut was at the end of February.  At the time I told the hairdresser I was thinking of growing out my hair and wanted it cut to satisfy both sides of me.  She knew exactly what I was talking about.  I was also, at the time, planning to buy my first wig and get a makeover.  Covid nixed the wig and makeover and I’ve been growing out my hair since.

My hair is a thick, wavy, salt & pepper.  It’s now covering my ears and is always in my eyes.  I usually wear a hair band or a bandana to keep it out of my eyes.  While it’s getting long, it’s not really long enough to do anything with.  I don’t really know what to do with it.  Suggestions are always appreciated.  My goal is to wear it in a high ponytail.

Fortunately, my wife is cool with the long hair.  One of my GG neighbors think I look cute (if she only knew).

Robin

I, too, went thru a few wigs before finding the perfect one.extremely happy with it, a like new EBay find.My own hair grew quite long during the first days of Covid, with all hair stylists closed, but once they reopened,with summer humidity approaching,was time to get it cut.

Anonymous

I have hair, but it gets so hot here in Florida that I shave it off,  to hot.

Hi Diane… at 71, I’m growing my hair which is now below my shoulders. My wife has colored my hair with medium brown but I can’t style it they way I want. My last cut/style was early June when I had my stylist cut it to resemble a wig I saw online (I confided in her about me being CD). BTW, I don’t have any wigs.

Anonymous

I picked a 1 because I’m bald on top and i have to wear a wig i only have the 1 wig,

I’ve been meaning to try and get a few more in different colours,

If i had the money i would love to have a hair transplant and then let it all grow out before having it styled i would love to have it long and down my back,

It would be nice to have it long and styled and look like a woman x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Looks very nice. Love the wave.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I answered 8.  my hair is starting to curl a little at the ends, I’m loving the feminine look I get when I brush it just right.  I am a little worried my fine hair is coming out at an alarming rate, I need to do something soon.  I am also annoyed at all the gray in my hair.

Fortunately I have an apt at Ulta in 2 weeks.  I hope they can help me pick a good color for my hair and give me tips for my hair care.

Sandy

I answered a 2… for the two bad wigs I have….. bad because I am not happy with how I look in them … one is a bob… and is too short….. the other is  a curly number…… again, a bit short and somewhat unflattering….  I read on line somewhere that older “girls” like me need a wig with smooth lines … the bob fits that description, but is too short for my face… a longer bob might do the trick.. I was not able to try on either of the wigs I bought and will probably wait until the show room re-opens at the CD Boutique that I found… so I can try on a wig before purchasing.

I like Dr TJ’s advice that money should not be the object when shopping for a wig…. go for quality… but some of the girls have mentioned that they got inexpensive wigs that they love…. so I continue my search for “the perfect wig”.  It’s a fun search….

ChloeC
      Duchess

I voted a 5 because there’s sometimes I like my hair, and sometimes it drives me crazy.  I’m getting older but for whatever reason, I still have a full head of hair, and it’s still rather thick. But…the very straight natural brown that was there and is being replaced by grey is coming in in waves – a definite wave in the front and another on the left side (any maybe more elsewhere I haven’t yet noticed), both of which cause considerable problems in trying to do the  generic left side part.  I’d sort of like to let it all grow out and see what happens, but I doubt that will pass muster.  I use a conditioner on it right now and that allows me to get it combed looking sort of okay after a washing, but as it dries, like the ocean, in come the waves. <sigh>  My wigs, of course, right now solve the problem.

Ashley
      Lady

I answered 5, right in the middle, because I do like some things about my hair. I love the texture and color. I’ve had GG’s ask me how I get my hair so thick and wavy when I do let it get kinda long. I have been tempted to stop cutting it and grow it out, but so far the heat and maintenance have always kept me going back to the barber shop to get it cut short.

On the other hand… I need to enjoy the color while it lasts… I’m 33 and I already have a pretty noticeable amount of gray! Also my hair is bad at hiding what are probably my most masculine facial features, my high forehead and gorilla brow ridge. If I had anything even remotely resembling a feminine hairline, forehead, and brow area, I would probably have long hair by now.

Wigs can be annoying but I like them, and will probably stick with them for the foreseeable future. They let me change hairstyles and colors quickly and easily, and even better, I can pull them into the right position for the hairline I want. I have three wigs right now and will probably get more.

Note: I’m not wearing a wig in my profile shot! FaceApp gave me those beautiful bangs and curls! I still can hardly believe that thing lol.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have several wigs I’m pretty happy with. They are not really great quality but look very decent. That is the reason for not rating them higher.

I voted a 10. The correct hair makes a person. Must have/had around 12 to 15 total but there are only a few I wear. Some experimenting lead me to buy many and I feel it was worth it. Have sold or given some away, might have 6 or 7 now but have 1 GoTo 95% of the time.

Sandy

Your hair does look so good on you. So good on you girl!! I love your solid 10! You were the first one!!

Big Happy Hugs

Diane

I voted a 3 for my natural male hair. My crown has thinned way to much. Even though the back still grows, I only let it get to the top of my shirt collar to cover the back of my neck during the winter. Then before summer I have it cut short.

When I want to be “Brittney”, I obviously use a wig. The wig I’m wearing in my profile photo is a costume wig I got in 2016. This year I’ve purchased two more, one just this month. I might consider buying one more to complete my options.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

First Diane, thanks for posting where you get your human hair wigs. I’ve thought a lot about buying one. Price is the main reason I’ve held back.

I’m happy with the synthetic wigs I own from Noriko and Amore. They look natural and are the right shape for my face. But they’re hot to wear and need a lot of attention. I gave them an 8.

Fortunately, I have a full head of natural hair. I plan to let it grow much longer when I retire in a few years. My work has a pretty conservative dress code. But they’ve relaxed the rules a little bit during the pandemic and I’m taking advantage. I’m getting an idea what it would look like when it gets longer.

I’ve given up on natural hair and have purchased 2 wigs recently. More will be coming for sure, I love the freedom of such dramatically different looks with such little effort.

Penny Jay
      Lady

A 3 for me. I own 3 wigs, first one shouldn’t be talked about, way too short, talk about a bloke on a frock look. Second one is my fav, nice fringe, side parting, brown,  shoulder length now after we cut off the damaged sections due to blow drying. Third was supposed to be a direct replacement of the second, but its different, centre parting, heavy fringe, still very wearable in public, probably lets my femme down.

As soon as our local lockdowns are lifted I will be booking myself in to a professional wig shop to get a proper wig, something that suits my face shape, as PennyJ of course 😀

PennyJ

Actually, none of the above. I cut my hair (what there is of it) very close and wear hats 99% of the time. I have 2 wigs but rarely wear them as we have some 122F days here in the desert. Besides, I like the look and there are so few hat wearers these days, so I tend to stand out. I’ve even been referred to as “The Hat Lady”…

DeeAnn, I love hats but my head is so big that with a wig on I can’t find one that fits properly.

Ah the problems of en femme living.

Hugs

Diane

[postquote quote=405367]

Not a problem for me as I don’t take my hat off. As warm as wearing a wig is, it would be even worse with a wig and a hat. 122F is a powerful influence…

[postquote quote=405397]

122 degrees Fahrenheit = 50 degrees Centigrade

I have five wigs and are happy with none or rather there is one that is my ‘go to’ wig. I’m balding and white haired with a blond, chestnut, pinkish brown and grayish wigs not to mention a rather horrid curly wig used for sissy maid play.
      How much money does one have to spend in order to get something half decent that’s not robbed from some Chinese political prisoner?
      Having one good wig is more important than clothing or shoes!

Love //Polly

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I voted 7 since I feel pretty ok with my natural hair. While I do have wigs my wife doesn’t like them and since my hair now grown to some good length I don’t feel the need any more.

/kt

I’m confused. The poll asked about hair, but everyone is talking about wigs… These 2 things are not the same. I love my hair. I’ve had long hair since I was 12 and have done a lot of different styles with it. Putting on a wig is not the same as styling your own hair.

Anonymous

own few wigs but now using natural hair since its growing out long enough now to do something with still needing little work here and there As for wigs they good  So if could say give wigs a good 8 natural hair a good score of 6 right now.

Anonymous

If we’re talking natural hair I checked off a 2 because as I like to say I’m follically challenged but as far as my wigs go I’d say 9. I have 6 of varied lengths and colours so I can mix and match as the mood strikes me.

Like many others I am on the follicle challenged side of things. But that also means my natural hair is very low maintenance, and it’s a lot easier to wear a wig.

Anonymous

I’m very happy with my wig.  I can’t be critical of my natural hair.  It is cut very short so that my wig fits and looks better.  I’d like to grow it out and try styling it.  Requirements of my guy life have kept me from doing that so far.  There have been some changes in my life recently.  Maybe I will be able to grow out my hair in the future.

Anonymous

I said 7 because it depends “on what day it is” sometimes I love it, sometimes not so much. I have 5 wigs. One my wife likes, but not I dont really care for it. Its short and wavy and Chelly is not a short hair person. I have a blonde, almost white, with dark roots curly wig I really like, but I dont think it looks as good with darker color clothing as it does with brighter colors. I have a straight brown wig with red and blonde highlights that I love, but after years of wearing, its showing its age and some of the hair is falling out, so its basically been retired. My to goto wigs now are a brown with blonde high lights and long black one. The brown is medium to long length and was wavy, but wifey wanted to straighten it a while back, so we did. I can style it different ways now – sometines it looks amazing, sometimes ehhh i just give up and brush it straight down, which looks good too. I do miss the wavy look, but I like trying different “styling” activities. I can curl it also, but its still not the same wavy as it was originally. The black one is extra long and is wavy(see my profile picture). I really like this one, but it is looong, so it has a tendancy to get really hot.

Chelly

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?