- April 16, 2021 at 12:29 pm #478633Inga KrasivayaParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Grace Scarlett set an excellent forum thread on the subject of music that gave you a tear int he eye… well, how about flipping that coin over and seeing what songs always give you a boost? I’d look at two from Bruce Springsteen – Growing Up and Darkness On the Edge of Town, plus two from the fantastic Joni Mitchell: Morning Morgantown and Chelsea Morning. What sets you up for the day? After all, we should Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life…… Upbeat Inga.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 19, 2021 at 1:20 pm #481196ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 305Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1272 times
Just of a few
Van Morrison’s Dark End of the Street to the Bright Side of the Road, sung by Jerry Garcia
Jose Gonzalez – Stay Alive (the Walter Mitty Song)
Old Crow Medicine Show – Wagon Wheel
Sean Rowe – To Leave Something Behind (from The Accountant)
A lot of Jeff Lynne songs from both ELO and Traveling Wilburys
Petula Clark – Fill the World With Love (this goes absolutely both ways)
(had to add one more)
Aliotta, Haynes and Jeremiah – Lake Shore Drive (I grew up driving this and several years ago back visiting, drove the whole length north to south with this playing.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by ChloeC.
- April 30, 2021 at 12:16 pm #485919Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Oooohhh.. Pet Clark – it’s not something many folk would admit to, but “Downtown ” is a classic; how can you evoke the feeling of the 60’s otherwise…. unless you come up with “Where D0 You Go To My Lovely”…… And just one thing – much as I may have loved the late, great Jerry Garcia, you can’t beat Van the Man! Bright Side Of The Road sits along with Brown Eyed Girl in the pantheon of greatest ever…….
- April 19, 2021 at 12:19 pm #481170Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1158Has thanked: 5371 timesBeen thanked: 5979 times
Ooooh, lots of feel good songs out that makes me smile and happy I’m alive…
Sweet Talkin’ Woman – E.L.O.
Black Magic Woman – Santana
Cotton Jenny – Gordo
Hot Dog – Zeppelin
Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves ( this gets me shakin’ my little booty )
Edge of Seventeen – Miss Nicks ( ya think I was going to forget her?!?, lol )
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Stevie Steiner.
- April 19, 2021 at 11:31 am #481156Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
Just about anything gets me up and going, but it so happens that I’m on an Earth Wind and Fire tip currently.
You can pull absolutely anything out of their back catalogue and get a grin on within seconds.
My top 5 non EW&F songs are
Deee-Lite – Groove is in the Heart
Robin S – Show Me Love
Capella – U Got 2 Let the Music
System of a Down – Chop Suey
Earworms every one – that last one will give your ears a spring clean!
- April 19, 2021 at 8:31 am #481082Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 445Has thanked: 366 timesBeen thanked: 1914 times
oh my, my list for “boost” songs would be quite extensive.
However, I find myself listening to the same songs when I need a boost :
– theme song from Victorious cast, Make it shine by Victoria Justice
– theme song from Girl meets world, Take on the World by Sabrina Carpenter
– Fight Song, by Rachel Platten
– More than a memory, Carly Rae Jepsen
– I wish you would, Taylor Swift
– You belong with me, Taylor Swift
– Getaway Car, Taylor Swift
– Welcome to New York, Taylor Swift
– How you get the girl, Taylor Swift
– and of course, Shake it off, Taylor Swift
- April 19, 2021 at 12:17 pm #481167AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
Wendy, does including your sister’s music count here? ( lol)
( ha ha )
Where are the classical votes?
Carmina Briana ( including the soft solo soprano “ In Trutina” ( I think)
Crossovers- Phantom- Les Mis
Choral Music- Cantique du Jean Racine.
And always remember( for all music lovers)..
”When words fail, music speaks”
Thank you- a good reply, my friend.
Enjoy and be grateful for song writers too.
- April 19, 2021 at 8:10 am #481068
- April 19, 2021 at 5:46 am #481025Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 901Has thanked: 12680 timesBeen thanked: 3339 times
Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac, I Touch Myself, Divinyls, anything by ABBA, Bossanova by the King, Staying Alive Mashup with ACDC (check that out on you tube), most of Elton John, Styx, Rockstar by Nickelback…I could do this all l day. My favorite Playlist on my device is over 40 hours..
- April 17, 2021 at 11:04 pm #479216Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
Waitin’ On A Sunny Day, Jersey Girl, Born To Run, Better Days… Bruce Springsteen
157 Riverside Avenue (live)… REO Speedwagon
Forest Lawn… John Denver
My Ding-A-Ling, Reelin’ & Rockin’ and Johhny B. Good… ( all 3 on side B of Chuck Berry Live In London album)
Into The Mystic… Van Morrison
Runaway.. Bon Jovi
There are just too many to list that turn a hard day into something enjoyable, but you have to just let EVERYTHING go when you play them, dance however you feel, and sing loud with them even if you think you sound lousy. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks if you feel good.
- April 19, 2021 at 11:03 am #481143Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Jersey Girl, Born To Run, Better Days… A girl of great taste…… Now got to go and fire up the CD player…. Loads of hugs: Asbury Park Inga…
- April 19, 2021 at 5:57 am #481029
- April 17, 2021 at 8:55 pm #479201
- April 17, 2021 at 8:25 pm #479191
- April 17, 2021 at 6:57 pm #479166Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 647Has thanked: 4436 timesBeen thanked: 2055 times
- April 17, 2021 at 6:39 pm #479158Kimberly LynnDuchessRegistered On: April 11, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 113Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
- April 17, 2021 at 11:41 am #479025Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 264Has thanked: 1549 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
Hush Deep Purple
Roll With the Changes Reo Speedwagon
Killer Queen, Best Friend, Bicycle, Don’t Stop Me Now, etc. Queen
See reponse to Polly on Rolling Stones’ songs
Too many Motown Songs to mention (even songs about lost love are upbeat when done by The Four Tops)😉
Windy The Association
Roll Down The Highway BTO
I Saw Her Standing There, If I Needed Someone Beatles (Not to be confused with “The Ruttles”
Walking On Sunshine Katrina and The Waves
I didn’t even get to Beach Boys or Four Season songs
- April 17, 2021 at 1:04 pm #479051LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
Eeeehh…… the best of all of these is clearly the Ruttles – how can anyone come up with anything better than “All You Need Is Lunch”? Jamie Peridot also mentions Katrina & The Waves and the Four Seasons, while Leslie mentioned Hotel California and The Beach Boys… Eeeehhh… It not only reminds me that you ladies have great taste, but also that I am probably a few years older than I’d like to be… Flower Power Inga….
- April 17, 2021 at 6:02 pm #479149LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 869 times
Unfortunately flower power is young people talk to me. Lion sleeps tonight and other 50’s music is more my style. But I just remembered another great song Curly Haired Woman by Brian Bower, or Their Brains Were Small and They Died. Love off beat things,
- April 17, 2021 at 6:11 pm #479151
- April 17, 2021 at 3:22 pm #479122Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 264Has thanked: 1549 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
- April 17, 2021 at 8:17 pm #479186
- April 17, 2021 at 11:38 am #479023Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 260Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1219 times
- April 17, 2021 at 11:02 am #479016LadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 192Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 869 times
Well if we are talking feel good songs it is Eye of the Tiger and Hotel California. If we are talking music I can’t just drive to it is most anything by The Beach Boys, and God help me if Bolero comes instant speeding ticket.
- April 17, 2021 at 9:56 am #479008Jeannie JonesDuchessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 362Has thanked: 1028 timesBeen thanked: 1222 times
- April 17, 2021 at 9:13 am #478992Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 118Has thanked: 727 timesBeen thanked: 642 times
- April 17, 2021 at 2:24 am #478848Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
- April 17, 2021 at 11:28 am #479022LadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 264Has thanked: 1549 timesBeen thanked: 785 times
- April 19, 2021 at 12:39 am #480963Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
- April 16, 2021 at 10:29 pm #478825
- April 16, 2021 at 8:50 pm #478806Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2094Has thanked: 4170 timesBeen thanked: 7496 times
I get a lift when I hear almost anything by Spike Jones; but for a REAL boost, there are three songs: “East Bound and Down” by Jerry Reed, “At the Jazz Band Ball” by Bix Beiderbecke, and “Whole Lot of Shaking Going On” by Jerry Lee Lewis.
- April 16, 2021 at 4:51 pm #478735Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1227 times
A few of my feel good songs:
Stayin’ Alive by Bee Gees
Money for Nothing & Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits
Disco Inferno by Trammps
My Maria by BW Stevenson
Walling in Memphis by Marc Cohn
Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Who Says You Can’t Go Home by Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles
- April 16, 2021 at 3:19 pm #478695Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7382 times
What a ridiculous question….I could name 10,000 and crash the website!!!
Queen…don’t stop me now. + 50 others
ELO…Mr blue sky.
Oh my god, it’s an endless quest….I give up…
- April 17, 2021 at 4:42 pm #479132Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2094Has thanked: 4170 timesBeen thanked: 7496 times
You’re right, Grace; if your memory goes back far enough, you can come up with quite a long list. Mine went back so far, it got lost. But I was reminded of one I really loved a little over a half-century ago: Deep Purple, by Nino Temple and April Stevens.
- April 18, 2021 at 12:27 am #479241Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7382 times
- April 16, 2021 at 3:41 pm #478708Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1385Has thanked: 8548 timesBeen thanked: 5426 times
10,000,sweetie, you must have a CD warehouse, wait I have only gone and cracked it, our beloved Grace lives in a police phone box, oh my God your a time lord too. Dr Who Grace (That’s not a question) CD to the universe and CD connoisseur of music.
- April 30, 2021 at 12:38 pm #485926LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
That reminds me… Dr Who remake by Orbital! In fact I rather ‘dig’ Orbital…
- April 17, 2021 at 12:41 am #478833Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1348Has thanked: 4816 timesBeen thanked: 7382 times
- April 17, 2021 at 1:06 pm #479053
- April 16, 2021 at 3:50 pm #478712Trisha Lilly HibbertBaronessRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 658Has thanked: 3110 timesBeen thanked: 2439 times
- April 16, 2021 at 2:04 pm #478659Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 497Has thanked: 3109 timesBeen thanked: 1846 times
- April 17, 2021 at 2:22 am #478847
- April 16, 2021 at 1:53 pm #478656Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1385Has thanked: 8548 timesBeen thanked: 5426 times
Well if I am driving then meatloaf’s “Bat out of hell” or anything from Deep purple, pink Floyd, Eagles, Rolling Stones, Santana, Motorhead, David Bowie, Who, U2, manic Street Preachers, Travis, The Pretenders, Texas, Bryan Adam’s, Moby, Madonna, Electric light Orchestra, Eurythmics (Annie Lennox one of the best female vocalist around) Queen, Cream, Three Degrees, Diana Ross, Elton John, Police, Wings, gosh many, many more. Nothing like the window down and metal to the floor and burning Tarmac with a beat. Bombing alone singing out of tune Amanda
- April 16, 2021 at 1:12 pm #478643Dawn WyvernManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 309Has thanked: 254 timesBeen thanked: 1211 times
- April 16, 2021 at 1:55 pm #478657
- April 16, 2021 at 12:53 pm #478641Eona OhLadyRegistered On: March 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 116Has thanked: 427 timesBeen thanked: 525 times
- April 16, 2021 at 12:41 pm #478636Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 131Has thanked: 290 timesBeen thanked: 538 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.