Viewing 25 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Grace Scarlett set an excellent forum thread on the subject of music that gave you a tear int he eye… well, how about flipping that coin over and seeing what songs always give you a boost?  I’d look at two from Bruce Springsteen – Growing Up and Darkness On the Edge of Town, plus two from the fantastic Joni Mitchell:  Morning Morgantown and Chelsea Morning.  What sets you up for the day?  After all, we should Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life……  Upbeat Inga.

I always seem to step on the gas petal and sing along to    Oh I want to be with you      by the Raspberries. Yes. I do know that’s old but it gets me going when I hear it.

Eona Oh
      Lady

Enjoy Yourself by The Specials. Gets me be bobbing and scatting plus gets me in the right headspace. ❤️🥃👠

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Hold on Tight to you Dreams – ELO – makes me smile each time its on the car stereo !

Hugs

Dawn

Anonymous

Great band, great taste Dawn

Anonymous

Well if I am driving then meatloaf’s “Bat out of hell” or anything from Deep purple, pink Floyd, Eagles, Rolling Stones, Santana, Motorhead, David Bowie, Who, U2, manic Street Preachers, Travis, The Pretenders, Texas, Bryan Adam’s, Moby, Madonna, Electric light Orchestra, Eurythmics (Annie Lennox one of the best female vocalist around) Queen, Cream, Three Degrees, Diana Ross, Elton John, Police, Wings, gosh many, many more. Nothing like the window down and metal to the floor and burning Tarmac with a beat. Bombing alone singing out of tune Amanda

Anonymous

Hi Inga good post the songs I like are.

Barbara Allen by Blackmores Night

Wonderful Life by Black

Spanish Stroll by Mink Deville

Stayin Alive by Bee Gees

Yes Sir I can boogie by Baccara

Love Sarah xx

I didn’t know anybody else knew Mink Deville! Good one!

Anonymous

Ok….

What a ridiculous question….I could name 10,000 and crash the website!!!

a few….

Queen…don’t stop me now. + 50 others

ELO…Mr blue sky.

Abba…Waterloo.

Ultravox…astradyne…

Oh my god, it’s an endless quest….I give up…

Grace xx

Anonymous

10,000,sweetie, you must have a CD warehouse, wait I have only gone and cracked it, our beloved Grace lives in a police phone box, oh my God your a time lord too. Dr Who Grace (That’s not a question) CD to the universe and CD connoisseur of music.

My god I think your right she’s the 15th doctor! Everything fits now.

Anonymous

Absolutely Trisha

Anonymous

Those Daleks will be begging for mercy……

Anonymous

Jodie Who????

👾👾👾

Anonymous

I have no idea

That reminds me… Dr Who remake by Orbital! In fact I rather ‘dig’ Orbital…

Anonymous

You’re right, Grace; if your memory goes back far enough, you can come up with quite a long list. Mine went back so far, it got lost. But I was reminded of one I really loved a little over a half-century ago: Deep Purple, by Nino Temple and April Stevens.

Hugs,
        Bettylou

Anonymous

Bettylou…is that the official definition of memory loss???…

very funny 😂😂 xx

Anonymous

It might be, Grace…but I forget. They say memory is the second thing to go as you get older, and I forgot what was first.

Hugs,
            Bettylou

Anonymous

A few of my feel good songs:

Stayin’ Alive by Bee Gees

Money for Nothing & Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits

Disco Inferno by Trammps

My Maria by BW Stevenson

Walling in Memphis by Marc Cohn

Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison

Who Says You Can’t Go Home by Bon Jovi & Jennifer Nettles

Anonymous

I get a lift when I hear almost anything by Spike Jones; but for a REAL boost, there are three songs: “East Bound and Down” by Jerry Reed, “At the Jazz Band Ball” by Bix Beiderbecke, and “Whole Lot of Shaking Going On” by Jerry Lee Lewis.

Bettylou

ROLLING STONES, Then, now and FOREVER!

She’s a Rainbow, Brown Sugar, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, You Can’t always get What You Want/Gimme Shelter both get upbeat by the end of the song.

Jamie…

You said… you can’t always get what you want but if you try sometimes, you get what you need!

Love
          Polly ❤️❤️❤️❤️💋💋💋💋

Anonymous

I love most all music but when I listen to Enya I can totally get into those girly feelings. I would probably look silly doing it but I love 💕 dancing to that genre.💕💋 Katie

Rooms on Fire Stevie Nicks and Gold Dust Woman Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. The Chain is also right up there and gGerry Rafferty and his Right Down the Line

Leslie
      Lady

Well if we are talking feel good songs it is Eye of the Tiger and Hotel California. If we are talking music I can’t just drive to it is most anything by The Beach Boys, and God help me if Bolero comes instant speeding ticket.

You all are too silly today ladies.  I am Woman. Helen Reddy.

C

Hush Deep Purple
      Roll With the Changes Reo Speedwagon
      Killer Queen, Best Friend, Bicycle, Don’t Stop Me Now, etc. Queen
      See reponse to Polly on Rolling Stones’ songs
      Too many Motown Songs to mention (even songs about lost love are upbeat when done by The Four Tops)😉
      Windy The Association
      Roll Down The Highway BTO
      I Saw Her Standing There, If I Needed Someone Beatles (Not to be confused with “The Ruttles”
      Walking On Sunshine Katrina and The Waves
      I didn’t even get to Beach Boys or Four Season songs

Anonymous

Eeeehh…… the best of all of these is clearly the Ruttles – how can anyone come up with anything better than “All You Need Is Lunch”?  Jamie Peridot also mentions Katrina & The Waves and the Four Seasons, while Leslie mentioned Hotel California and The Beach Boys… Eeeehhh…  It not only reminds me that you ladies have great taste, but also that I am probably a few years older than I’d like to be…   Flower Power Inga….

🤣🤣🤣All You Need Is Lunch. I think that was the the follow up hit to “Can’t Buy My Lunch.”😘

Prudence
            Ambassador

Lets not forget, pay for that Chrysler, chrysler. Or Dear Prudence.  lol

Leslie
          Lady

Unfortunately flower power is young people talk to me. Lion sleeps tonight and other 50’s music is more my style. But I just remembered another great song Curly Haired Woman by Brian Bower, or Their Brains Were Small and They Died. Love off beat things,

.Leslie

Lion sleeps tonight is good but I prefer to hear them sing about the rains in Africa.

Anonymous

Five o’clock somewhere Alan Jackson

kokomo beach boys

friends in low places Garth brooks

man I feel like a women shania Twain if I remember correctly

Kimberly

Anonymous

Anything by The Boss if I want to defy the speed cameras or Eltons  Tiny Dancer to maintain a good mood and stay under the limit!

Boppin along on the highway

Diana

Prudence
      Ambassador

Fascinating Things..   Gary Wright

Lots of upbeat songs…..

Blackbird  – Beatles is a happy low key one

Waitin’ On A Sunny Day,  Jersey Girl, Born To Run, Better Days… Bruce Springsteen

157 Riverside Avenue (live)… REO Speedwagon

Forest Lawn… John Denver

My Ding-A-Ling, Reelin’ & Rockin’ and Johhny B. Good… ( all 3 on side B of Chuck Berry Live In London album)

Into The Mystic… Van Morrison

Runaway.. Bon Jovi

’39… Queen

There are just too many to list that turn a hard day into something enjoyable, but you have to just let EVERYTHING go when you play them, dance however you feel, and sing loud with them even if you think you sound lousy.  Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks if you feel good.

PaulaF

You reminded me- Squeeze box by the Who!

Anonymous

Jersey Girl, Born To Run, Better Days…  A girl of great taste……  Now got to go and fire up the CD player….  Loads of hugs:  Asbury Park Inga…

Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac, I Touch Myself, Divinyls, anything by ABBA, Bossanova by the King, Staying Alive Mashup with ACDC (check that out on you tube), most of Elton John, Styx, Rockstar by Nickelback…I could do this all l day. My favorite Playlist on my device is over 40 hours..

Bridgette

Icono pop – I don’t care I love

oh my, my list for “boost” songs would be quite extensive.

However, I find myself listening to the same songs when I need a boost :

– theme song from Victorious cast, Make it shine by Victoria Justice

– theme song from Girl meets world, Take on the World by Sabrina Carpenter

– Fight Song, by Rachel Platten

– More than a memory, Carly Rae Jepsen

– I wish you would, Taylor Swift

– You belong with me, Taylor Swift

– Getaway Car, Taylor Swift

– Welcome to New York, Taylor Swift

– How you get the girl, Taylor Swift

– and of course, Shake it off, Taylor Swift

Anonymous

Wendy, does including your sister’s music count here? ( lol)

( ha ha )
        Where are the classical votes?

Nessum Forma

Carmina Briana ( including the soft solo soprano “ In Trutina” ( I think)

Crossovers- Phantom- Les Mis

Choral Music- Cantique du Jean Racine.

And always remember( for all music lovers)..

”When words fail, music speaks”

Thank you- a good reply, my friend.

Enjoy and be grateful for song writers too.

Anya.

Just about anything gets me up and going, but it so happens that I’m on an Earth Wind and Fire tip currently.

You can pull absolutely anything out of their back catalogue and get a grin on within seconds.

My top 5 non EW&F songs are

Sash! Equador

Deee-Lite – Groove is in the Heart

Robin S – Show Me Love

Capella – U Got 2 Let the Music

System of a Down – Chop Suey

Earworms every one – that last one will give your ears a spring clean!

Love Laura

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Ooooh, lots of feel good songs out that makes me smile and happy I’m alive…

Sweet Talkin’ Woman – E.L.O.

Black Magic Woman – Santana

Cotton Jenny – Gordo

Hot Dog – Zeppelin

Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves ( this gets me shakin’ my little booty )

Edge of Seventeen – Miss Nicks  ( ya think I was going to forget her?!?, lol )

ChloeC
      Duchess

Just of a few

Van Morrison’s Dark End of the Street to the Bright Side of the Road, sung by Jerry Garcia

Jose Gonzalez – Stay Alive (the Walter Mitty Song)

Old Crow Medicine Show – Wagon Wheel

Sean Rowe – To Leave Something Behind (from The Accountant)

A lot of Jeff Lynne songs from both ELO and Traveling Wilburys

Petula Clark – Fill the World With Love  (this goes absolutely both ways)

(had to add one more)

Aliotta, Haynes and Jeremiah – Lake Shore Drive  (I grew up driving this and several years ago back visiting, drove the whole length north to south with this playing.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by ChloeC.
        Anonymous

Oooohhh.. Pet Clark – it’s not something many folk would admit to, but “Downtown ” is a classic; how can you evoke the feeling of the 60’s otherwise…. unless you come up with “Where D0 You Go To My Lovely”……  And just one thing – much as I may have loved the late, great Jerry Garcia, you can’t beat Van the Man!  Bright Side Of The Road sits along with Brown Eyed Girl in the pantheon of greatest ever…….

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?