Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m curious about who interacts with us when we’re in public.

Anonymous

I don’t recall ever having any interaction (positive or negative) with any teenage boys.  I marked everybody else. Some knew, some didn’t know, as far as I can tell. But they all treated me like any other human being, which counts as positive in my book.

The only times when I had anything that could have been a negative reaction and I noticed and can recall, would have been once with teenage girls at a Target, once with a group of young girls (in their 20s) at a Mall in Atlanta, and once with some young guys (also in their 20s) in downtown Indianapolis. And none of those went beyond realizing that they had read me and were reacting by either giggling, pointing fingers, etc. I had never been confronted by anybody about my being a CD.

Gaby ♥

Anonymous

I realize this is a rather old post but thank you for sharing. I wish there where more responses on this topic. I recently started going out in public dressed. It’s not much, passed a quick trip into a mostly empty convince store but it’s a little something to get me started. One woman working at a convenient store giggled a little bit it didn’t bother me. I took is as an involuntary reaction as I was in a dress with no wig, just a very bald head and a goatee. Obviously I wasn’t even attempting to pass myself off as a woman but I was dressed in something I had been wearing all day in private and didn’t feel like changing out of for a quick stop at the store. another time I stopped at a gas station wearing a dress, hose, shoes and again nothing on my bald head. The middle eastern man behind the counter only had a deer in the headlights look on his face. Both times I smiled and thanked them as I left. My fear is more about people pointing and laughing or snapping photos with their phone. Confrontation a bit less, I’m ex military and very familiar with hand to hand combat. Physical pain is much less painful that emotional or psychological pain in my book.

Hi Jennifer!   I want  have anyone with only.  Now any now and then as looking at some of the boys/men way hetero and LGBT.

Dame Veronica

Most responses by far are from women and usually while clothes shopping but this is because of close proximity and it seems more appropriate to comment at places like this. I do talk with people on the streets, restaurants and general stores as well. All my interactions with others have been very good. I am sure at some point something negative will happen but 10 years now and all good.

Sandy

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Never had any obvious negative reactions(no pointing and laughing or jeering or anything. Most either don’t notice, or don’t care. The rest were polite. Now I don’t know what they might have told someone else later on but that doesn’t matter to me.
      Cyn

It is truly liberating when you get to that moment when you really don’t care what people think later or even at the moment.  Tonight I walked the length of the local ‘strip’ and after a few minutes I realized that I wasn’t doing this for them, I was doing it for me, so why care what they might think.  Once I hit that moment, I took my head out of pretending to be busy with my phone, and looked more people straight in the eye!  Liberating and joyous!

Anonymous

Young and middle aged cis gender women have positively gushed over my appearance, and how they love what I’m doing by going out dressed in my own way.

I’ve made some lovely friends in that demographic!

Love Laura

I marked each group of women from ‘young women’ up, middle age and senior men, and LGBTQ.  I have very little negative interactions within those groups, some, but not enough to really worry about.  Most people I encounter in public are to busy to care who I am, or we get along pretty well in personal encounters.  The friendliest group of both men and women have been the sales/wait staff in businesses I frequent.  Once I find a store or restaurant that doesn’t treat me any differently than other customers, have just made a steady patron out of me.

The groups that I don’t have much feedback from are the teenagers and children.  Teenagers I try to avoid if possible as most have not developed the social skills to be polite and often speak without thinking of the effect their words can have on others.  Not all teens are this way, and a lot will be courteous and pleasant if they are alone, with parents, or maybe one or two friends.  But put them in a pack, and watch out.

Children don’t really seem to care one way or the other in public, they are too busy taking in the world around them or trying to get mom or dad to take them to the toy store or other kids place.  My two nieces are the ones I have spent the most time with as they grew up, and they really didn’t care or actually take a lot of notice until they were older, but as I have always been Aunt Paula to them, it was no big deal when they realized the truth.

Paula

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve had several interactions with middle age women. They complimented me on having nice legs.  They asked about my pantyhose, told me if they had legs like mine they would show them like I do.

Those who didn’t like what I was wearing or didn’t like how I looked mostly kept quiet. Once in a while I thought I noticed a look on their face like what is this one trying to prove, but they mostly stayed quiet.

JackieBoy
      Baroness

I get the most positive feedback at Ulta as I know most of the women there and always stop by to make sure my make up looks ok, but I really go for the confidence boost their positive remarks give me. Also next door at The Rack by Nordstrom sales girls have told me I look pretty and that they love my outfit

I was crossdresser and at the grocery store parking lot on my way into the store wearing a flowing purple maxi dress with flats and some bling.  Out of nowhere I heard “You Go Girl!”  A TG woman with her male friend called out to me.  I stopped in my tracks and looked around.  We chatted a bit and she commented favorably on my outfit.  I’d say she was in her 30’s or 40’s and her male friend was a bit older.  Sure was a day brightener!

Alice

My only public interaction was at my CD/TG support group picnic, I had a pleasant conversation with an asian lesbian. I was wearing female clothes but not my wig. I get my most positive responses at my CD/TG support group meetings.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?