• This topic has 15 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Revel.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Revel
      Baroness

Hello sisters,

Today my Daddy heard on the radio that Queen Elizabeth II passed away. It’s all over the news. A very sad day for London, and the world. 🙁

The Queen died peacefully, with family at her side, 96 years old. She was not only loved by the British, but also people throughout the world. She ruled for seven decades. Today a double rainbow appeared in London over Buckingham Palace! 🌈🌈

I was always impressed with her different, beautifulΒ hats. During her reign, Queen Elizabeth wore over 5,000 different hats! My heart goes out to the royal family, and my UK sisters as well. ❤️🇬🇧

XOXO Rev

Rev’s Sis
      Significant Other

Hi Rev,

It was so sweet of you to start a topic about Queen Elizabeth II, and I remember when Nana often talked about her. She was fascinated by The Queen, and would go to the library every week to get a book on the royal family.

Interesting facts: She traveled with a separate train car just for the hats, and you could say when she wore a hat that she wore a sort of crown substitute. 👑😉

❤️ Hides

Rev’s Sis
        Significant Other

I also remember Nana made a trip to London years ago to see Buckingham Palace. 🙂

Revel
          Baroness

Yes!

I remember Nana (our Grandmother) reading about Queen Elizabeth II, and the royal family a lot, and you’re right, she eventually took a trip to London, England to see Buckingham Palace.

I also think it’s interesting that our Daddy was in the Air Force, and he was on his way to England just before the coronation in 1953. He showed me a 1953 five shillings coronation coin with The Queen on a horse. 🐴👸

Rev

As an expat Brit, who was born during her fathers reign, I feel devastated. The emotions running through me, both yesterday and today, are the same as when I lost my Grandmothers, Mother and wife. I served her in the Royal Navy too and yet saw her only twice in my life, once when I was 12 and once when I was in my 40’s.

Revel
        Baroness

Michaela,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can relate. Back in February, my Mother passed away, and I felt sad and devastated. She died of leukemia and other complications. Queen Elizabeth was loved by many, especially those who are British and served her. Thank you for your service. I’m glad to know that you saw The Queen twice in your life. 🙂

Revel

It is a very sad day for the world. She was always so elegant and had a presence about her. Very much a true “Statesman”.

Being born in England and now down in New Zealand i still feel the loss. I remember trips to London to see the palace etc. Even on trips back to the homeland i would pass by it.

May she rest in peace.

Jane

Revel
        Baroness

Jane,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Agreed. Queen Elizabeth was so elegant and thoughtful. Yes, may she rest in peace, and I think the double rainbow that appeared over Buckingham Palace the day she died was a peaceful sign. 🌈🌈🕊️

Revel

ChloeC
      Duchess

I very distinctly remember seeing on television, the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. And I’ve followed, although not all that closely the story of the royal family, but I’ve stayed aware.Β  Part of the reason is that there’s a family story that my mother was descended from an illegitimate child of Henry, Duke of Cumberland, younger brother of George IV, which means that I’m //possibly// related to the family. I have come across a number of tantalizing bits of information, that unfortunately are not fully conclusive, so no chance of me joining the society known as the Descendants of the Illegitimate Sons and Daughters of the Kings of Britain.

The woman in question is probably but not for sure, Anne Lutterl, from a family in Ireland, and whose child was given to a family in Derbyshire to raise. It’s well known and proven that he received a military commission, joined a regiment of Irish light dragoons, fought in Egypt in 1801 (against Napolean’s armies), married a girl from Ireland, and received a royal stipend for the remainder of his life, stopping when he passed away.Β  So it’s always been fun to believe we are related.

And I offer my sincere condolences to the family and close friends.Β  I always admired her for appearing to fully understand the requirements, duties, and drawbacks of the position. I would hope future royalty are able to measure up to her standards.

Hugs, ChloΓ«C

Revel
        Baroness

Chloe,

Thanks for sharing that fascinating history, and the possibility that you’re related to the royal family is very interesting. I hope that in time this is true for you so you can join the society. I wish the same for the royal family, and I think King Charles III will be a very good King. 🙂

All the best.

Revel

As a Canadian, Queen Elizabeth was our Queen, Canada was and still is, part of The Commonwealth. She came and visited Victoria BC quite a few times, which is where I live, I’ve personally seen her four of those times, and each time the citizens turned out in droves to pay their respects. All of our flags are now flying at half mast.

Lauren M

Revel
        Baroness

Lauren,

Thank you for sharing my friend, and I love the Canadian culture. ❤️🇨🇦

I’m so glad that you had the opportunity to see Queen Elizabeth II four times! My Daddy heard on the radio about the “Queen on Moose” painting by Charles Pachter.

Rev

Revel
      Baroness

My Daddy and I just finished watching World News Tonight with David Muir. It was so touching to hear the people in London sing ‘God save the King’ as he shook their hands. His first speech was well done, and I love what he said regarding his Mother at the very end about angels. Bless you King Charles III.

Anonymous

I never knew about the rainbow. How serendipitous…

Thanks for your warm thoughts over here, Rev. Change can be good, we’ll see if it will be a positive-changeΒ  though…

x Miss L x

Revel
        Baroness

You’re welcome, girlfriend. Yes, a double rainbow appearing over Buckingham Palace minutes after Queen Elizabeth II died was unexpected, but so beautiful. 🌈🌈

Change can be good, and King Charles III is calm, caring, and a very good speaker so he should be a very good King. 🤴

All the best.

❤️ Rev

Revel
      Baroness

Update!

Early this morning my Daddy and I watched the funeral for Queen Elizabeth II. It was a beautiful funeral with touching messages, and the Queen’s piper playing the bagpipes at the end of the service was very touching. When the Queen was transferred from Westminster Abbey, at the Queen’s request, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police were leading the way on their horses, and it was fascinating to see the RCMP, and the royal guards (King’s Guard) wearing their bearskin hats together! Big Ben was ringing every minute. It was magnificent to see.

XOXO Rev

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?