Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

Hello girls.

This is a minor thing but I know some of you will have good insightful advice so…

I’m wanting to check off a goal and wear some black leggings out in public. They are skin tight like a second skin (I love them) and I’m undecided if I should tuck or not. If I don’t tuck then my junk will be covered but pretty much on display and not sure if thats really appropriate in public. If I do tuck what message will that send? Should I just wear a long top that hangs down covering myself?

The second advice I’m seeking is how to protect natural fingernails when doing rough work? I’ve carefully let my nails grow out about a quarter inch while shaping them in a nice oval point and I keep clear gloss polish on them to help strengthen. The other day I was doing some gardening wearing gloves but had to remove the gloves to do some planting and wouldn’t you know it two of them broke off very short…. damnit! I thought I was being careful but it happened. Now I have nice nails except for one broken on each hand. My question is, could this have been prevented and should I cut the rest back to match or just wait until the broken ones grow back out? Uggh!

Thanks for any and all advice!

Hi Michelle,

With regards to protecting your nails… GLOVES my girl friend, nothing else will keep them from the possibility of breakage or damage, ask me how I know 😉

Regarding wearing leggings. TUCK! If you’re presenting Michelle to the public, and Michelle is a girl, then Michelle shouldn’t be displaying any JUNK because girls don’t have junk!
      I wear leggings and very tight yoga pants all the time, my ‘parts’ were rather tiny for a guy, so now quite easy to tuck and get out of the way. Trust me, it makes a big difference in appearing female.
      I had one of the girls I work with ask me when I had my bottom surgery because you can’t see my ‘junk’.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Michelle,

Concerning nails, I don’t know that much about the subject.

Leggings, yes!  Especially black leggings, I love them!  Skin tight hugging black leggings look so girly and beautiful, but they do present a dressing challenge for CDs.

I have a few gaffs I ordered from Amazon, and a couple of them are quality types.  The camel-toe works well for me, as well as the smooth-line type.  They are comfortable, no problems in that area, although there are some tugging and pulling issues, when I go to the the ladies room.  Then one must readjust them in the correct position, when finished.

I mostly wear my tops hanging out, which often gives me partial coverage of the crotch area.  Nevertheless, the gaffs do the job, with or without coverage from the top.  By playing with the leggings, I can also get a bit of “slack” in the area of the crotch, meaning I can make the leggings a little less tight in the crotch area.

It is a challenge, but I keep getting a little better at it, as time goes on.  The greatest challenge?  I normally wear leggings, when I go get a pedicure!  Just before I sit down, I make sure I really give the leggings a couple of good downward tugs.  Well, you know, you get the idea.  The nail tech is sitting right at eye-level, so I do not want anything standing out.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Michelle,

I don’t go out dressed, but I wear skin tight leggings around the house most of the time in cooler weather. I usually wear a long t-shirt or top to cover the bulge.

My nails catch and tear on almost anything if they are even just an eighth inch long. I think you just have to learn how to do things with gloves on. I can’t seem to get the knack, so mine are cut to the quick. I wish you better luck!
      As for growing back I have seen some GG’s that cut them all, and start over, and others just reshape and wait for the broken ones to catch up. I think you just do what feels right for you, and don’t worry about it.

I hope this helps,

Hugs,

Lara

Hi Michelle,

You know what works for me? Wearing my boy undies. They provide more than enough support.

I know, I know.

Dianna

Lol I have panties with built in vagina that’s your tuck and looks so nice

Hi Michelle,

Try tight control panties to hold the “boys” in place under your leggings.  And a long tunic will cover up any VPL.

As others have said you’ll need to work with gloves and find other ways to cover your nails during gardening.

Alice

I tuck and use tape to ensure a smooth front, and long top.

As for nails. Wear gloves.  When one breaks i shape it and let it grow.   I always have one or two nails a little shorter than the rest.

Paula

I do and have worn leggings/ yoga pants out in public many times and normally my top sits just at the “junk” line but I do tuck. I have a few pairs of tighter panties of the g string type that hold things in place and still give a nice appearance with no lines on my bum.  Nails …. Oh boy get them to a nice length and then one breaks.

Nancy
      Lady

I always tuck when wearing leggings, don’t want to ruin that feminine look down there. But if you wore a loose top that hung over that section, it probably wouldn’t make much difference then.

Wish I had good advice on the nails, but it’s a problem for me too. My nails are very brittle and break so easily. So I rarely have any length at all on them. 🙁

Nancy

Hi Michelle,

When in doubt tuck. I wear leggings most of the time and always tuck.  I just love the femmine appearance. I feel your pain on the nails. I recently let mine grow long and shaped them perfectly. Well that lasted 3 days. One day at work snap there goes one. I was ev even using polish remover that was supposed to strengthen them. Well that didn’t work.

Lanna

I have both tucked, and worn a long top with leggings.
      I don’t have any good advice about the nails, i do have the same problem though.

I think tucking is always a good idea. Even with a longer top, if the wind blows or the angle is right/wrong, it’s going to push the fabric against your body and show things off. Even in a heavy sweater this is a danger.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I can’t tuck so whenever I wear leggings I wear a tunic or other long top to cover everything up. Never had a problem.

Hi Michelle

I find thongs one size smaller than my normal size work under leggings. Start with the thong up at the front and down at the back, then as you pull it up at the back it drags thing down at the front. Then a little bit of adjustment just to smooth things out, and a second thong for more coverage.

As for the nails, no easy fix (unless you choose falsies). Now you know why relatively few women get their hands really dirty gardening!

B x

[postquote quote=677402]
      Cheap on Amazon

A cute babydoll dress work to if not a tunic to

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Michelle

My rule of thumb is to tuck anytime I’m wearing panties, which is all the time.

I am pretty rough on my nails, just when they start to get longish I will always chip or break one, usuall the right middle finger.  If you feel comfortable having your nails done and are in a position they can look a little more femme, you can try acrylic or gel overlays.  I’ve done the gel overlays using builder in a bottle and they do make your nails fairly bullet proof.     YMMV

Hugs, Robin

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Robin Snow.

Regarding the leggings, do whatever you would do for a tight skirt, be it tucking, tight panty, panty girdle, control top pantyhose or tights. I have a special G string that will also make me look like a girl (I usually wear it with a bathing suit).  A longer untucked top is also useful.

Regarding the nails, they do make clear nail polish that is supposed to harden the nails, but I didn’t find it work all that well. I keep my nails longer too, but after a while they get brittle and break, and I start again from short.

One time my long thumbnail caught on something and the nail ripped halfway down the bed. When nail glue didn’t hold it together, I went to the nail salon. I’m not exactly sure if what they used was an acrylic or a gel, but she mixed a powder with a liquid, put a shaper on the nail, and then painted over the nail with this, smoothing it out. I then had to put it under the light to cure.  She then ground down the nail to shape it (mixture of nail file and a hand held grinding stone).

What was left was natural in color, and was very hard. So hard that I had trouble cutting or filing it down as it grew out. This worked to protect the nail until the ripped part grew out. But as it grows, it leaves a gap behind on the new nail. So if you choose to go this route, it is a commitment to keep it filled in or you’ll have a ridge towards the base of the nail as it grows out.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I would suggest you tuck if going out in such a tight outfit, but it is down to your choice.

I’ve never had good success trying to keep my nails long and I do some rough work too, plus being a musician makes it nigh impossible so I use stick on ones from time to time. Not as nice as having one’s own, but they work for me.

Amy

If I needed to tuck to wear leggings, I would. You don’t want to look like you’re auditioning to dance the Prince in Swan Lake.

My swimming affects my nails. There are two basic kinds of nail hardeners of which I’m aware: one is chemical-based the other uses a natural oil and other ingredients. I saw both on Amazon and at my local $1.25 Store. I’m trying the natural kind now. It’s ok. I’m using it for a week then I’m going to clear polish over it.

I tuck everyday even in male mode which is most of the time. I personally like the feeling. I find it easier to cross my legs and keep them together as well. I would definitely tuck if I had on tights.

As far as nails, when I first started growing mine out I went to the nail salon and had them overlaid with acrylic. It will add curvature for strength and some thickness. They can still keep them thin on the free edge of your nails so you can easily pick things up. However, you then get into regular maintenance. Have them use OPIs Oxium top coat on them. It is designed to go directly over the acrylic and it is tough. The advantage to this is you can apply regular nail polish over them and use non-acetone based polish remover to take off any color you have applied. It won’t affect the top coat like regular acetone remover does. Hope this helps.

Remember it’s a good day until you break a nail!

Love,

Tommie

Michelle, I wear leggings a lot an I prefer tucking I am sure you will look great! Not sure about nails less gardening? Got to go headed to yoga matin my Iuga leggins tucked and ready for a good work out. Xoxo Joeleen

If you tuck, you have a lot more choices for tops. Otherwise definitely longer tops to cover. I do both. Leggings are a must have these days but you do not want anyone to choke on their food at the restaurant so either way lose the lumps.

Nails? I never have ten nice nails, 7 or 8 most of the time. Unless you have a job doing nothing, welcome to the club. Dry winters are the culprit here in the great white north. When we are in the Caribbean I have ten nice nails that stay soft and supple, but all I do is walk the ocean daily, swim, sun bathe,  and shop, sort of like doing nothing really.  Lol

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.

Never tried a vaginal gaff. Isn’t it hot down there?

Well, she’ll have to consider the ouch factor. The thought is very tempting nonetheless.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?