• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Have any of you run across, or had any encounters with TERFs?

“TERF ) is an acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist. First recorded in 2008,[1] the term originally applied to the minority of feminists espousing sentiments that other feminists considered transphobic, such as the rejection of the assertion that trans women are women, the exclusion of trans women from women’s spaces, and opposition to transgender rights legislation.”

Anonymous

Never shared spaces with a Cis-female TERF.

But ran into some Trans-TERFs in the past. They are an interesting type of person. They may had have similar experiences as many cd/tg up to a point in their lives where they realized their transsexualism. And once they went through SRS/GRS/GCS (whatever the term being used at the time, anybody who identified as being a cd/tg/ts who said anything about not wanting to go all the way through surgeries became a “pretender” a “wannabe” or worse.
      Some of them would show up at different cd/tg sites to let others know how inadequate they were, call them pervs, etc.
      And yes, to blame everybody for whatever was the topic of the day.

Luckily… they never lasted too long in those places. And they were just a small minority of them.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Sure.  My ex-wife.  I lived with her intolerance the last 3 years we were together.  It was awful.  Never again.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

There has been a lot in the U.K. press. This is a new ‘thing’ that started with genuine womens issues and the trans community was hijacked into the melee due to some unfortunate incidents.

Self identification, in that a male can identify as a female without any medical or psychological testing. This led to scaremongering that such a person could enter any womens space and the fears of voyeurism and worse were exploited.

Self identifying prisoners being given special privileges and two cases of known, violence against women, offenders being sent to womens prisons and assaulting inmates.

Stonewall U.K. were engaged in trying to make the regulations easier for trans persons but, in my opinion, began to start making demands that went too far and, with all else, turned these womens groups and, more importantly, the press and public opinion against our community.

As a consequence government had quietly drawn up legislation that, in simplistic terms, reversed some of the legislation that had made lives better.

A toxic mix.

Luckily the legislation was shelved – who knows if it would come back?

I was listening to the radio the other week and this subject was being discussed due to a local female crime commissioner having made some sensationalist views on the matter and the TERFS were on the programme. It was a reasonably fair programme and there was representation from the two sides but no one from the middle. I decided to ring up and have my say to a researcher. I had to agree that it was mad to send a woman beater TS person into a female space and gave my opinions on the subjects being discussed. I was thanked and that was that.Until the phone rang again and I was asked if I would go on the show. In for a penny and I was on. 

I gave my personal opinions on the subject. I disagree with the ‘cancelling’ of anyone expressing an opinion. In all the general public accept us as we are and life is better now than in the past. Laws have been passed that help and there seems to be a happy status quo. I stated that C.D. and trans have been mixing with society and using spaces for years and there have been very few incidents and no one was probably any the wiser as you just wouldn’t have known. 

My main point is that all sides in this, TERFS and Stonewall should consider that their intransigent stances and demands could turn public opinion against us and make lives uncomfortable. It could turn the clock back as most of us just want to get on with our lives.

It was positively received by the interviewer and was food for thought.

Anonymous

From what I see, there are those out there, be they TERFs, the highly religious, very old school maybe, to whom some groups are in, and some out, frowned upon.
      I tend to take a libertarian type view.
      So long as someone hurts no-one, respects the rights of others, then let them be.
      Regardless of race, gender, socio-economic grouping, or whatever.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?