Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

When I was exploring the idea of shaving my legs, I did a bit of research online about who does it and how. I was quite concerned that I might draw attention to myself if anyone noticed that I had shaved my legs. But when I looked around at the gym, it seemed like about half of the guys had shaved or trimmed the hair on their legs, and some shaved full body for body building competitions. I also read an article from a men’s magazine that said about 15% of the men in a survey had admitted shaving their legs. In another survey, about 50% of women thought shaving was fine (the other 50% thought it was weird- not my prospects).

So I took the plunge after watching a few videos. What I found in the process is that shaving cream seems like a long slow slog through the shaving process. When I was watching the videos, some of the women would mention that “You can use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream for shaving your legs.” But none of them tried it.

So I decided to try hair conditioner. I am sold! It has many advantages over shaving cream.

• It doesn’t seem as messy.
      • It takes less product.
      • It doesn’t clog the razor.
      • I think I get a better, closer shave.
      • It leaves my legs silky smooth and moisturized.

The last part is one of my favorite benefits, eliminating the moisturizing lotion needed after shaving cream.

Have you tried hair conditioner for shaving? If you do, please add a comment here and let me know what you think.

I use conditioner for my body and have for many years. I still use shaving cream on my face but have used conditioner if I was out of shaving cream. I have never had a problem with conditioner. As far as “Does it work better?”-I can’t say. It’s certainly quick, easy and inexpensive to use for me and I don’t see myself switching to shaving cream for my body.

Regarding comments from others. I do many serious guy activities and it has never been mentioned, my wife at first said something but now doesn’t. She has even mentioned missing a spot on my back-do you want me to get that?.  FYI she does not know about my cross-dressing.

Sandy

Elle Saf
      Lady

Lorie,

I just shaved my legs for the first time in a month after doing three-hours of lawn-work this past Saturday. I used head-&-shoulders shampoo/conditioner. It cleans (shampoo) while you shave, pulling “double-duty”. Like you said, it’s less messy than the shave cream or even shave gel, you use less product & it leaves your legs…well…conditioned from the conditioner. I have long legs, so I did one at a time while standing in an inch of water in the tub. Once one leg was done, I drained the tub, turned the shower on, rinsed, relaxed for a minute then tackled the next one. I definitely prefer it to the shaving cream. DEFINITELY get your own razor for this, if you have a SO. Nothing will piss them off faster than finding out you borrowed their razor. Happy shaving!

Claudia C
      Ambassador

Tried shaving cream, just messy. Conditioner works well, but leaves a bit of a greasy feel. So far, body lotion worked the best since it gave a nice close shave and I did not need to moisturize afterwards.

Another CD I chat with frequently suggested the conditioner to me a couple months ago. I like it better than shaving cream too, and more convenient than remembering to bring my shaving cream can to the shower with me, (I always forget).    I also felt a bit self conscious at first about shaved legs, and I have noticed some looks, but looking around I have spotted quite a few others with their legs shaved as well.  Thanks for your post!!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Baby oil for me for shaving body. Moisturizes the skin and allows a close shave! Afterward use coconut oil on legs.
      Cyn

I use veet all over. I find it works well and have been using it for a number of years. Only problem is you have to leave it on for about 1o minutes.

I have used soap in the show since I do not have much hair or need for conditioner.  The soft skin is a great point so I think I will try the conditioner if my wife does not mind me using hers.  If not I will have to get some for myself.  Thanks for the hint.  Happy shaving.

Sara Marie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?