Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Angelica
      Lady

Hello ladies,

I was wondering if I should practice talking in a more feminine manner when dressed or if I should just talk as I normally do? I don’t want to sound fake or anything. I have no idea where to begin in terms of voice feminization or whether it’s worth pursuing. I’m currently questioning whether I am still a CD or if I am actually Trans. I will be discussing this with my therapist. Either way I would like to know what my approach should be when it comes to my voice. Thank you!

-Angelica

Hello Angelica
      It’s a completely normal question you ask.
      I think having a female voice makes us (CD/TG mtf) more real when we’re in women’s clothing; but speaking in a feminine tone when you are away from your home is always a question linked to many factors (culture, acceptance, tolerance) of the place where you live and also of personal choice.
      With the help of a good speech therapist / vocal coach you can get a good feminization of the voice in an acceptable time frame.
      It always depends on what pleases you and what brings you happiness.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

As difficult it is to sound like a woman, when Briannas dressed up, just be yourself in a softer soothing tone, dont know if i pass, but its definitely nicer than my male voice, i think i may scare people, lol
      Good luck!!!
      Xx
      Brianna

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I think it is a good idea and softening the voice and practice is the way to go.

Anonymous

For me when I go out dressed I do try to talk more feminine. I don’t have a really deep voice so that helps. I just speak a little softer and a little quicker. I feel like the male part of my voice isn’t picked up as easy if I speak a little quicker. Though that may all be in my head lol.

Alex.

Julie
      Lady

Yes honey you should. Take it from me Girlfriend. I’m behind but I am working on a passable natural adult sounding female voice sweetie to use in femme mode but I’ll use it with my female cosplays as well and learn variations to use with my cosplays.

CelesteCD
      Lady

This has been on my mind more and more lately. I want a more female voice and when I practiced I always sounded like Minnie Mouse.   Then the other night off of nowhere came a softer but still kind of deep breathy voice-almost like a deep whisper.   I’m not sure how kind of a conversation I coul keep up with it but it gives me hope. Is it passable I don’t know…but as I hear it it sounds….better?

Same! Each time I have tried to speak, it sounded fake and forced. But the other day, I was in the car alone, and my voice just clicked. It was natural, and comfortable. As I carried on a conversation alone, I relaxed as I spoke, and found a pleasant open and slightly breathy tone that sounded pleasing to me.

It was the first time that I had heard Gemma’s true voice. It’s strange, she is becoming a complete personality within me now. That probably sounds strange to many of you girls who dress more often, or even daily. But for me, Gemma lives within me, and only gets to come out when the time is right.

My conversations here have allowed me to ask the questions that I have never asked, and share my thoughts. It’s so enlightening!

-Gemma ❤️💋

There was an app I used, a sort of voice analyzer that would record you and give a story of grade if it was masculine, feminine, or in the middle.  Practice helps.  My voice is not deep at all but if I don’t use my femme voice it take a bit to get comfortable wirh it again.

I tried an app and it registered my voice below the male zone lol. Don’t think this is going be achievable for me.

Kathleen
      Duchess

I’ve been practicing a bit lately.Seems like I’ve a long way to go but I think it’s going to be worth the effort.It does feel right.Good luck!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Kathleen.

I struggle with this, too. Presenting en femme is a fundamental part of being authentically me, and whenever I try to feminize my voice it feels like artifice. My SO says I probably just need practice and that I shouldn’t stress about it one way or another, and that it’s more important to feel authentic than anything else. Besides, I feel like I fly under the radar a bit until people interact with me, then there’s no way I’ll pass and not simply due to my voice. It’s  all a work in progress, I guess…

Hi Angelica, and the rest of you girls,

Yes you should, at the very least, try to develop a feminine voice. It really makes a big difference if you are heading out into public spaces, or want to shop for clothes, makeup, and shoes while dressed enfemme.
      Many on here have commented that they pass fairly well until they have to speak.
      I am a trans woman, I transitioned almost a year ago and now live as a woman 24/7. I started crossdressing and going out in public years ago when I was only 14. I wanted to be able to speak in a feminine voice and managed to do so on my own. There were no voice coaches at that point in time and the word transgender didn’t exist yet. I now speak in a feminine voice all the time, I’m not sure if I can even speak in a male voice anymore as I am so used to my feminine voice that it has become my natural speaking voice.

So the bottom line to all I’ve said is condensed into one word: Practice!!!!!!
      There are many Youtube videos on learning the techniques but after following what they say, you have to practice, practice, practice, practice, practice!!! That is the only way you will succeed.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Agree that a feminine voice is desirable but DOES take tons of practice which honestly I don’t have the patience to do(same with musical instruments). I am a natural baritone(not tenor unfortunately) so mostly I just speak a little more softly. But overall I use my “regular voice”. It is not pitch that’s most important (there are many women who have deep voices-Kathleen Turner for example); but it’s tonality, timbre, resonance and cadence that affect perception more (along with sprinkling in more feminine terms -(“lovely”; “sweet”;(insert your own)). Most importantly -however you speak- be comfortable and be yourself. Your two biggest assets are confidence and a smile!
      Cyn

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Angelica,

If you are a patient person and are willing to put in a lot of time & effort, it may be worth it to try. Like Cynthia, I don’t have the patience so mostly use my regular voice. I try to talk more slowly and softly and try to smile a lot. If however it involves only speaking a few words like saying “thank you” to a cashier or asking someone for the “ladies room” I do use a higher pitched femme voice which I can get away with because it’s only 2 or 3 words. Anything longer and I revert to the softer male voice.

Fiona

My voice is close in tone to Barry White or Morgan Freeman. I do live talk radio and callers have said I have the “Voice of God” LOL. That combined with my John Wayne figure really sinks me on being convincing en femme, so shaping my voice and manner to be more feminine is on the ‘to do’ list for sure!!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

The decision to sound female can only be made by you. There is no right or wrong approach to this. I myself practice my female voice a lot, but still need much more practice.

What is the point if you can’t pass? People just see a guy in a dress that thinks he can fool them with his Mini Mouse voice.

J J
      Lady

If you really want to pass and think you can,  then yes you should.  I can pass at a distance, or a glance, but up close and interacting with others I can not, nor do I really care. I dress for myself, not to fool others, but that is just me.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Angelica, personally I think you should work on feminizing your voice. It makes a huge difference if you’re at all concerned about passing. It isn’t easy but there are alot of good videos on You Tube and else where that will help. But it is also like make up, to get good at it once you find the pitch that works for you it’s just practice practice practice. What helped me alot was singing in my feminine voice to songs while I was driving, putting in orders at the drive throughs. Also get a recording app so you can here yourself while you’re learning. It also helps a lot. Good luck girl.

Trish

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?