• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I just read this article and I thought I would share here.

Especially I think the first point is interesting for us, we get older each and every day.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

Anonymous

Hi Clarissa,

Thanks for that link. It was an interesting read. Given I’m in my 70s, I’m heading for that ball park. So using the article as a yardstick, if I knew I was to leave this mortal coil tomorrow?

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

– yes, still hung up on coming out. Who knows – if I’d taken that fork earlier? But otherwise I’ve lived a life I like, not always ‘conventional’.

2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.

– err, a definite no. Enthusiasm, yes, work for the sake of it, no

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

– by no means brilliant here, but I just about get by, So no regrets.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

Not sure. Friends are friends. If you lose touch with friends maybe there’s a reason.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

I think I did alright on this one. My cd lifestyle is unresolved, but I don’t beat myself up. I haven’t and won’t limit my life to being a cross dresser.

So what would be a regret of mine? I think not knowing what would happen to those I left behind. My wife died before either daughter had reached the point of motherhood. It still saddens me to know how much love she would have had to give.

Marti xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

#1 and #3 for sure but there would have been drastic consequences.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?