- September 18, 2021 at 9:10 pm #545220Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 101Replies: 952Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3539 timesHi ladies,I’m not a fan of the above.but respect the rights of others if they are so inclined.But I still cant help but have a giggle when ever I read mine, especially in “Virgo’s month of September” ie my birth month.Hence to mine in today’s “Sundee paper”.“The sun is about to complete its annual visit to your sign. Is there anything you want to complete or confess. A full moon on Tuesday in your relationship sector .on Tuesday will bring issues to the surface”.My reaction? Complete??? yes that enfemme bra fitting would be lovely, but I cant do that in lockdown.Confess? No.. I am not about to have the full blown “talk” with my beloved.Full moon on Tuesday and “Issues”. Just make sure if I’m doing Caty’s laundry etc that I dont leave anything laying around where I should not.Any comments “for or against”?Caty.
- September 19, 2021 at 2:06 pm #545506Fredrika JonesLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 166Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 510 times
Google “Sheldon debunks astrology.” I know (Big Bang Theory) is fiction, but the clip is both funny and true. Carl Sagan once remarked that “the doctor who delivered you had a far greater gravitational pull on you than the moon and the stars.”
- September 19, 2021 at 8:14 am #545392Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 2386Has thanked: 31185 timesBeen thanked: 7926 times
Agreed Caty that most of the astrology is out there somewhere but not here .. i read it from time to time just for the funnys of it except the one time i read it before joining here and it read in the evening of november two years ago it read that i need to reach to heaven for better enlightenment then i found CDH it was true so i quit reading it so no badthings could happen happy where i am at hugs girl..
- September 19, 2021 at 6:40 am #545368Elise MichelleDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 23Replies: 331Has thanked: 412 timesBeen thanked: 1192 times
I’m with you Caty. I don’t put any stock in it either, but I used to enjoy reading it and getting a good giggle. But your post just made me realize that, as my cell phone became my primary media source and I stopped getting and reading the newspaper, I haven’t seen a horoscope in years. Same thing with advice columns, comic strips and crossword puzzles. Hmmm… Now I’m considering getting the newspaper delivered again.
- September 19, 2021 at 6:59 am #545373MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 654Has thanked: 2762 timesBeen thanked: 2748 times
It might be worth you getting a cheap laptop – or maybe a tablet – (for the screen size mostly), and start finding favourites to bookmark. I too have lost the news’paper’ habit. Instead I use several online versions, and they’ve got their associated games, typically crosswords that are interactive, but also the odd agony aunt too. Cartoons and horoscopes – I don’t know – but I’m sure if you can be bothered there’s some free horoscopes sites to be found.
- September 19, 2021 at 10:40 am #545438Elise MichelleDuchessRegistered On: January 3, 2018Topics: 23Replies: 331Has thanked: 412 timesBeen thanked: 1192 times
Oh, I’ve got plenty of access to technology. That’s not the issue. It’s just the convenience (and perhaps more the nostalgia) of holding the paper in your hand and glancing at the different “features” as you commute or take a coffee break. I wouldn’t go out of my way to find the horoscope, but when it was there I glanced at it. If that makes any sense.
- September 19, 2021 at 11:17 am #545446
- September 19, 2021 at 6:31 am #545365Kyra KascadeLadyRegistered On: August 31, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 89Has thanked: 538 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
I dont buy into it. Every now and again it nay reveal in accordance something that actually fit that daily horoscope. I think a lot of it falls into projecting the idea into the readers mind. Then subconsciously its acted upon throughout the day. Because now, it’s on the readers mind.
Personally I stay away from any kind of divining or fortune telling, but that isn’t to say that i would dusuade or prevent someone from doing it.
There are some gifted people out there, so whose to say that some extent of that is truthful. Nature is affected by such things, why not people too? Its certainly a rabbit hole of a thought/topic.
- September 19, 2021 at 6:06 am #545358AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
In the case of astrology..I am certain like any other profession, there are good and bad practioners. I think it is easy to poo poo something which we don’t understand and are likely never to investigate more fully. I have met people with unusual gifts … especially in the past few years.. so while i will probably never consult an astrologist….i hope they do can divine something from the heavens…
- September 19, 2021 at 12:43 am #545284Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 137Replies: 3315Has thanked: 12363 timesBeen thanked: 19304 times
not for me….its poppycock.
I love the way believers stretch what’s written to fit their lives
…” oh, yes…it’s right again”…
Definition…..”Horror- Scope” = frighteningly wide ranging.
I think the main truth is that most of it is in conjunction with Uranus….or does it all just seem to come from there!!!!!!
of course, this is just my opinion!!
- September 19, 2021 at 3:21 pm #545544Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 101Replies: 952Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3539 times
I too have “wiped” any sense of truth in Astrology, especially as you stated, in connection with Uranus
Reminds me of a great put down I heard a long time ago.
“Hope the operation is a success(to connect the “above”) with your gullet” Cos whats coming out of your mouth is…… (CDH censored).
- September 19, 2021 at 3:31 pm #545553
- September 19, 2021 at 2:45 am #545302Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 413Has thanked: 285 timesBeen thanked: 982 times
Ah, astrology! The art that mastered the cold read before the cold read was even a thing.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been a “more things in heaven and earth” kind of gal. Perhaps there’s some truth to the alignment of the stars and the planets at our birth affecting our entire outlook on life. Look at the profound impact the moon has, for example, on the tides and the reproductive cycles of a myriad of species (our own included).
However, it does beg the question: do we act this way because the stars have aligned just so or because we’ve been *told* that’s how someone born in our particular time should act? It would be interesting to study the personality traits of people who have never even heard of astrology and see how they line up.
Or maybe it’s just one of this Pisces’ flights of fancy. 😉
- September 18, 2021 at 10:29 pm #545243Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 654Has thanked: 2762 timesBeen thanked: 2748 times
I’m not even a Virgo, but I could make that reading work for me too. There’s lots I could do with confessing !
Against: It’s hard to imagine a few sentences for one star sign apply to one twelfth of the world population. And the astrologers are for the most part fully aware they are just grifting.
For: it’s similar to the cardboard programmer technique. The suggestions in your astrology ‘reading’ give your mind an opportunity to connect the words to your own internal issues and reconsider things that are on your mind.
I much prefer using the I Ching – “It furthers one to cross the great water”
- September 18, 2021 at 9:50 pm #545229
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.