• This topic has 35 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all,

not much use going out dressed trying to look convincing,and walking like a guy.

One of the things crossdressers do,is to walk with too long a stride.I,m continuously looking and studying how females walk. One thing that helped me is tying a scarf,or something similar around the top of my thighs,underneath my skirts,which restricted my stride.Obviously most females have a much shorter stride than us,and its clear they are female from a long way away.By tying  something around your thighs you naturally walk more like a female straight away,and even more so with high heels on.

Shannon

Thanks for the scarf tip. I always struggle with the walk. I often overdo it, which is as bad or worst than walking like a man. I’ll give the scarf around the to my tights a try.

Anonymous

Our stride can be a dead giveaway, so I agree, it is important to concentrate on it.  I like the scarf idea, but I perfected my feminine walk by recording myself.  When I felt my stride looked good during playback, I concentrated on repeating those moves and that feeling.  I also learned to walk like a woman before I tried doing it with high heels on.  I think one thing that causes a lot of girls trouble is learning to walk in a feminine way, while simultaneously trying to master high-heels.

Hugs,

Sally

As a mature cd, and looking like a macho character in male mode, others have mentioned that i have a feminine walk anyway, despite my masculine look.  I have no idea why i walk the way i do.  But i like it. Bronwyn

I’ve found that wearing high enough heels shortens my gait considerably.

Tami
      Lady

One of the biggest differences is that women lead with the thigh when walking.

I know that I “lumber” when walking as a guy.  In observation of women walking, I note women walk with their feet much closer together (not like they just got off a horse) and often will walk one foot in front of another, as if walking on a painted line.

The National Institutes of Health have done an interesting study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12165162

xo

Gina

I have developed a feminine walk for when I am dressed. But sometimes I forget and start walking like a guy. Got to be careful of that.

Anonymous

Been working on this. I actually find walking to be easy, but sitting like a lady to be difficult to remember and to do…still can’t really sit with my legs crossed, but I do put them together and it makes me feel more feminine.  It’s kind of funny, now when I check out a woman I look at her outfit first including shoes, her walk next, and oh yeah, then I check out her body. 🙂

I find that in 2″ -3″ heels my posture is better, I lead with my thighs, and I don’t walk with my feet pointing out.  And oh my! do I feel good in them!

Even when doing male stuff in my bordello…oops workshop, I wear worst case 4 inch ugly high heels just to keep my legs stretched and also to practice the fem strut.

It’s important to walk correctly in public even when we lose concentration or get distracted.

Practice ensures we can strut effortlessly and faultlessly through the mall like any other diva perched atop 3 or 4 inch high heels.

Good quality well fitting high heels will actually encourage your female strut and sway.

I have high heels which are beautiful dogs to walk in and others not so beautiful which allow me to glide effortlessly.

Stick to name brands…Calvin Klein my best so far….oops did I advertise….my bad.

I have learned to try on high heels in the store even if dressed as a good looking businessman…..they either stare in disbelief, smile or scurry away.

Store clerks just want them sold…

My current favorites are a pair of fashionable soft suede thigh highs I found quite by accident when looking for a bikini at Target.

They walk so nicely…. 3 inches….and they look great with almost anything.

I have mastered the confident long stride one sees watching models but I have long legs so maybe that makes it easier.

I love the scarf training trick mentioned earlier and I do also recommend a short stride to begin with.

Stride length is also determined by what one wears.

A pencil skirt demands short stride whilst tight pants or swirl skirt or flowing dress or hiLo skirt all look great at full stride.

Toes point inwards and legs together one foot as close in front of the other as possible whilst maintaining balance.

All that causes the hips to sway fem style.

Shoulders back and hands outward with on arm swinging and other holding the elegant purse complete the poise.

Watch how the models walk and emulate.

I find myself carefully and critically watching any elegant woman I see walking in public.

When high heels remain a challenge then try wedges and platforms which usually walk much easier and are always fashionable too.

Some of my favorite soccer mom style shoes are high strappy wedges.

Strut proud and with confidence Ladies.

Barb.

Anonymous

For some reason, walking in high heels came easily to me.  You have to feel the rhythm.  The scarf trick sounds good.  Wearing a pencil skirt knee length or longer also helps with the stride length.

Most women don’t walk in the exaggerated way that runway models do, but they have a natural swing and motion of their hips.

Anonymous

No my gran was an interesting woman, and she was very liberal in her outlook. When I was seven (1977) she told me to ‘try to cross over your legs as you walk’… Meaning as your left foot comes forward, try to place it in front of and slightly to the right of your right foot… It won’t get there but the hip action will be a swing, and your foot-prints will be a single line left right left right left right… Not two lines next to each other, one all lefts and the other all rights…

I seriously hope that makes sense… It’s a bit difficult to describe and not demonstrate.

Imogen x

Anonymous

I try and keep my legs together so that when I walk my knees brush against each other. Together with trying to keep my footsteps in line rather than side by side seems to keep my stride short. Also I’ve found that clenching my bum slightly pushes my front forwards and excentuates my hips when I walk and I always try and keep my back straight and my shoulders back. I agree about wearing tight skirts. Trying to walk properly like a woman is all part of the fun for me!

Anonymous

SO used t be a model, so my ‘coach’ demands attention to her directions………..I have no problem with 5-6 inch heels, love all of them, easy for me…….and those comments here talking about how are ‘right-o’ advice…..would also say, practice creates muscle memory, and it won’t take long to swing that flippy skirt just right !!!!

Mikki

C

A policeman once told me he can always tell the footprints of a man from a woman in snow, mud etc.

Men’s footprints are side by side, in two rows. Left feet in a row, right feet in a row slightly to the right.

Women walk with their feet in a row, each foot directly in front of the last. This is partly the hip shape, partly the swivel.

So, try walking placing each foot in front of the last. Your hips will swivel, stride will shorten and your walk will be 100% more femme!

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

Do you all think average girls walk like girls anymore on a Saturday at the mall, the average girl dresses and walks like a guy. Maybe shorter stride but nothing sexy or even interesting in their 👗 or walk.

Males wear
      Flip flops
      Shorts
      Old t-shirt

Females wear
      Flip flops
      Shorts
      Old t-shirt
      Only a few with make up

Based on that I am cross dressed all the time!

Luv
      D

Hello Deanna I love your comment about how women in the mall walk .

Some of the women here in New Zealand do the same .

Thanks .Rhonda .

Anonymous

A few things that improve my feminine walk:

Wear a panty girdle with satin inner panels.  Brush these together with your thighs as you walk and it will shorten your stride and feel wonderful.

Tucking has the same effect.

Wearing a knee length or longer skirt which is reasonably tight, but not a hobble skirt.

High rise girdle which will increase the curvature of your lower back and make your hips protrude more.

Just think of being a woman…the mind is incredibly powerful

Anonymous

Hi Shannon. The walk, voice, mannerisms, etc. Can be learned and practiced, they do make a difference when out and about mainstream.

Best way to practice? Set you phone/camera and record yourself. You will be able to see what others can see.

Personally, I think I do well. But there is always room for improvement.

Gaby 💜

Danika
      Lady

I consider myself lucky in that the moment I put on some heels, sandals or wedges, my stride seems to greatly shorten without even thinking about it. I can get up, get dressed, put on some of my prettiest shoes and go out and suddenly as I am walking through the store, I happen to notice how much smaller steps I am taking and I also notice that I put one foot directly in front of the other when walking. Must be some magic in them there shoes.

Hi all,

that post about the walk was written,many years  (after) I actually started going out as Shannon. Filming yourself walking is a good way of seeing how you walk in heels,as Gabby said.But I used to wear a tight skirt,and i did actually tie a pair of tights around my thighs(for a time) to restrict my movement. I  also used to (discreetly) walk behind females and try to match my stride pattern with their’s. It is very difficult at first. Its true though that just by putting heels on,you naturally walk with shorter strides. It is one of the most noticeable things about a walk.My eyesight now,is not particularly good, but, I can recognize a (female walk) from LONG  way away.

Shannon

Anonymous

I know that I’m coming into this discussion very late. I just love the advice from all of you gurls. I will try my hardest and practice, practice, practice. I have not gone out in the world as Holly yet, but I plan on it. I know that I have a long way to go, but I want to do me best to pass. my question is; has anyone used a treadmill to practice the feminine walk? Thank you for your feed back. Hugs, Holly

Lexi4Fun
      Lady

Love this, and thanks. It is one of the more difficult things for me to learn to do. I like the string tied around legs thing.. I try to “think through” my walking, but I often regress back to normal male gait, if I am not concentrating. High heels help, as they will help me focus more, but in more flat shoes, lower heels, I am not as aware, and constantly go back to a less womanly step or walking manner.

Anonymous

What has seemed to work for me is to lead with my hips, not my shoulders. I walk my dog in the predawn most days and it’s a great opportunity to work on my consistency in doing that. And I can definitely attest that it takes a whole different set of muscles when making my hips do the work!  It also helps to raise my chest at the same time, which also changes your front to rear balance. And the last piece, which I got from reading someone’s article and found to work great, is to turn my arms out just slightly so that my elbows point a little more behind me. That also makes my thumbs lead my hands. It sounds complicated but it really isn’t. It’s just the way a woman with hips will naturally swing her arms so she doesn’t constantly brush against her hips.  When I put all this together, it seems to naturally create a little hip sway and, while not overtly sexy, it is definitely a feminine way to walk.

Anonymous

I grew up with sisters and our roles we distinctly different. There were brothers and sisters. Do’s and don’ts. No crossing the lines. But there was a constant phrase uttered from Mom to the girls that could be used as advice, instruction or chastisement … “keep you legs closed” at that particular time in life I was trying to get into women’s underwear not wear them so naturally I misunderstood the fullness of what that phrase could mean. I thought it solely meant don’t get pregnant/ don’t let them have the milk for free. When I became a Dresser and learning the feminine walk. Some of the basics were short steps, one foot in front of the other .. and … keep your legs closed! It took all about 10 minutes practice to understand that if I keep my thighs together when I walk, short steps, one foot in front of the other … insures … avoidance of appearing/walking like a clod.

I imagine I’m carrying a tray with a load of drinks on it, each glass filled to the brim. I have to walk without spilling a drop. Basically you end up walking from the hips, not the shoulders.

Anonymous

Thank You for the added tips.

There’s one thing I like most about doing a feminine walk, the slight cross-over step that makes the hips sway. There is occasions I will do it even when I’m wearing my male shoes, just to stay in practice.

Just saw this topic today – excellent!  One of the points I struggle with, so quite helpful reading everyone’s tips.  One of the two ladies who’s seen me dressed says I have a very good walk, but she’s biased.  I do try, but I like the idea of filming (recording?).  That would really tell the tale.  Also had to laugh at the comments about women in the mall.  I keep reading how I should observe and emulate women I see, and I keep thinking jeez – most women I see aren’t trying very hard to look good!  Anyway, thanks for the posts!

Mikey

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a go and see how it goes, it’s a bit much looking like a woman but walking like a man, i must work on my voice as well so I can talk as well as walk like a woman x hugs Rozalyne x

A good quality ,non stretch pencil skirt,knee length and as Tami state’s! work from the thigh and just relax.The skirt will dictate your step pattern even in flats ,i also practiced in heels and i found it also helped while climbing stairs. The pencil skirt is a serious weapon in your armoury. Py xx.

DeLora
      Lady

The way I see it your stride should match your build.
      I have tried on and off to perfect the walk, but it always feels contrived and unnatural. What seems to be working for me I’s simply wearing heels around the house whenever I have the opportunity. Over the past two weeks I have been either bare foot, or in heels. I was out on our deck today, walking passed the windows and saw my reflection and realized that I have evolved a nice walk in heels. It feels natural and is my walk, not some idealized walk that I have copied.

Hi there. Yes practice makes perfect. Walking with heels is difficult but after awhile one will perfect it. I’ve often seen videos crossdressers who look the part but give it away as soon as they walk. I pay close attention when I see a woman walking. Of course they are all individual but one can still learn a lot from them.

Anonymous

So I know that some GG’s use large ball bearings to improve kagels…I just know.

To work on your walk you can use such a ball bearing, at least 1″ and hold it between you buns as you practise your runway stride in heels.

The BB has weight and won’t break if it slips out of you tighty whities!

Lexi4Fun
      Lady

Samantha, thanks, lol.. funny. I would post a video of my walk, ( like to take videos when I walk in heels and pantyhose, outside when I go to a nearby park, or just around the block at my house), but, videos don’t seem to load here, and apparently, I have reached my limit on posting any sort of photos. I joined before the limit was reduced, and have, I think like 10 public photos. I dare not delete any of them, as I don’t want to be suddenly reduced to only 5. I can’t afford the “monthly rate” to upgrade, as I have many more things that are more important than upgrading here, at a cost of… $300 per year? Is that correct? I just simply cannot do that, at this time.. I have bills, lots of bills.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?