Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

At times here, I feel that I am misunderstood – as if some are trying to mold me into her framework, rather than my own.  That being said, I would like to get something off my chest, and clarify where I stand.  Many of you speak of yourself as two different individuals – a masculine (or drab) persona and a feminine (often described as your real) persona.  Now I acknowledge and respect that this is how you see yourself.  There is nothing wrong with this perception because it is who you are.  I, however, do not see myself in that framework; it is not who I am.

I am me – one person, one personality.  The clothes that I choose to wear at any given time does not change that.  Whether I am wearing a dress and heels or a suit and tie, I am the same person.  I am me.  I am a man, something which I do not doubt.  I do not desire to be a woman, even when wearing a dress.  I wear the clothes that I do in order to be me.  My choice of wardrobe does not change who I am.  They describe my mood, express my feelings, and allow me to me.  I am comfortable in my skin and I do not doubt that my feelings are correct.  I am on my own journey which may have similarities to yours.  It is, however, still unique to me, just as your journey is unique to you.

I will celebrate the milestones of your journey as I hope you will celebrate the milestones of mine because we are friends.  I see each of us as kindred spirits whose path through life is misunderstood or seen as strange by society at large.  Our choice of trail is no more wrong than the trails chosen by any member of society.  Our paths may diverge and converge with each other as we each traverse through life.  These divergences should be recognized, just as we recognize the convergences for they both provided the strength upon which we may build our community, and begin to change how the society at large views and accepts the myriad of differences that have shaped humanity.

Gina Angelo
      Ambassador

Well said MacKenzie
      Thanks for sharing

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Beautifully written MacKenzie it’s not the clothes that make the person, but it’s the person in the clothes that makes the difference. 🌹

I hear you there MacKenzie and you are not alone.  I too see myself as a man whom chooses to wear whatever he wishes even if that includes makeup.  I actually don’t mind the gender adjective switch and referring myself to my chosen alias as I find it makes this site fun. I also don’t define my personal world on adjectives, I am a human above all else.

CDH is quite the hodge-podge of humans on the same path but some chose to stop (Much like you and I by the sounds of it) where others chose to move further along that path.  We all need to understand this, we all need to have respect and support for each other’s journeys and where their “ride” stops.

Be confident in yourself for yourself and only then can you truly find peace.  Hugs – Terrisa

Anonymous

I couldn’t agree with you more Mac. It’s not something you switch on and off. Put it one big shell and you can call me Heather or Bryan, they both fit. I don’t have two personas, i have what I call a diverse personality, I’m not your off the rack human. As I’ve said before though, the thing I like best is I can see the world through two different perspectives as both a man and a woman.Even my wife has commented on this, that I use a logical side but have a great deal of sensitivity, which I see as a plus. Thanks for a great thought Mac. Take care, Heather.

Thanx, ladies, for your comments.  When I wrote this post, I was unsure how others would react.  I generally thought that it would be taken negatively.  Your support and positive comments came as pleasant surprise.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?