- Accessories (handbags etc)
- Body Shape (Bust + Hips)
- Complexion & Skincare
- Hairstyle (own or wig)
- Hair Removal (legs, chest, etc)
- Special Outfit (specify)
- April 23, 2020 at 12:29 pm #337982Alicen ThairmsParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 33Replies: 313Has thanked: 1135 timesBeen thanked: 736 times
I’ve been thinking recently about what to me are the most essential aspects of crossdressing apart from the clothes. I thought it would be interesting to see what others thought too… so a little poll to answer 🙂
The three most essential aspects of crossdressing for me are …
- Body shape – achieving a nice bust line; I have naturally wide hips – to assist with overall look when wearing separates I wear a darker skirt/trousers with lighter tops. This scheme helps de-emphasise my blocky upper half.
- Hairstyle – have a mid bob length ‘unisex’ cut which I can brush into two styles – mannish and femme.
- Hair Removal – weekly shave of armpits, legs, forearms and chest; plus eyebrow shaping.
a close fourth ..
- Complexion & skincare – daily cleanse and moisturise; plus moisturise after a bath
- This topic was modified 10 months ago by Alicen Thairms.
Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 22, 2021 at 11:20 pm #437023Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 600Has thanked: 748 timesBeen thanked: 1781 times
Ha ha ha… Shoes should be at the top of the list just like the women you seek to emulate!
Gimme a pair of shoes… sleek patent heels, higher, shinier, … just gimme a pair of shoes!
(For anyone not knowing Hair, the song, google it)
Click, clack … Polly xxx
- January 20, 2021 at 7:45 am #435839
- January 20, 2021 at 6:15 am #435800GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 813Has thanked: 7381 timesBeen thanked: 3418 times
Body shape (the girls) and hair removal are a tie for first… lingerie (baby-dolls, bra and panties) and jewellery are 2nd. & 3rd. Yeah., that’s 4… cheated a tad. Sorry.
Edit: whoops, also painted nails… fingers and toes… 🥰 That’s 5… my bad 😔
At this point in my journey, I’m not desperate to escape the closet. Very much a home body so I stay at home in my ‘Comfies’… 🥰
- January 20, 2021 at 5:18 am #435788Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 376Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 1510 times
I couldn’t just pick 3, the choices were really difficult as they all play a role into looking more feminine.
I settled with :
– bust/hips. Years ago I was basically a miad, but I yearned for busts to make that look more complete. Breastforms became a part of my wardrobe only recently in my CDing journey. As for hips, they are also a recent addition. The dresstech solution was the best solution for me. When I transform, the breastforms and hips are a must to make that look more real.
– hair/wig. Again, in my early years of CDing, I wanted a wig but I didn’t know where to start and the only place with internet access was at school (didn’t have the guts to search wigs in an open area at school). Wigs were a part of my dressing longer, and started out with cheap costume wigs. Now I’ve migrated to more realistic and slightly more expensive wigs, which really has improved my overall look.
– makeup. Applying facial makeup is also a recent addition. I used to get all dressed up and then put on the cheap wig. From behind I could pass but from the front you can definitely tell miad. I am still working on perfecting my makeup skills but it has gotten to the point where it is somewhat decent.
– this choice was not there, but I feel this aspect really pushed me into the “more passable” stage. I wear prescription glasses, and for the longest time I had guy frames. When I look in the mirror everything felt right, wig, bust/hips, makeup, but the glasses were a dead giveaway. I finally bought a pair of girl glasses and I felt it really helped improve my femininity appearance overall.
- January 19, 2021 at 9:14 am #435424Terri JohnsonLadyRegistered On: April 28, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 23Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
This is almost impossible for me to answer accurately because I am an “all or nothing” girl and so, TO ME, this poll almost seems like a variation of one of the “what are you most attracted to/turned on by” questions. If I had to limit it to any “3” then I would probably not get dressed at all. But, again, that has to do with my desire to be all girl in appearance and personal feeling/perception.
- January 17, 2021 at 2:16 am #434284Holly TygressaBaronessRegistered On: January 16, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 106Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 331 times
I picked the obvious visual things, but I feel more feminine in my lingerie so if there was a fourth choice I would pick that. Even when you can’t fully dress you can always wear panties for that feminine feeling everyday.
- May 2, 2020 at 5:53 pm #340402Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 393Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 1532 times
A few weeks ago I would have really said none of these. These aren’t essential for crossdressing, but they are essential for going out among others. Before the self-isolation from COVID-19, I was perfectly happy to come home from work and/or evening obligations, put on a skirt and top, and wear it until morning. So only the clothes are important.
With the isolation, I was unable to get waxed two weeks ago (and that was 6 weeks from my last appointment, which I do during the winter months; in the warmer weather I go every 5 weeks). I normally get waxed everywhere below my neck except my armpits (I have to shave them or I get an odor that is impossible to get rid of, even immediately after a shower), and under boxer briefs (the place I go mandates that). However these areas I shave or use hair removal cream.
I did a quick job on my two worst spots, my knees and forearms, although I still had to shave the knees because the wax I have is too thin to spread on easily. After 4+ years of waxing, my arms and legs are relatively sparse. I can definitely see chest hair growing back in, even if it is light. The hair growth is beginning to bother me now. I don’t want to shave because it isn’t good to mix the shaving and waxing. So for the technicality of the question, I am only going with hair removal.
For going out, breast forms are next in importance. Although I have a pair of padded girdle, I don’t wear it very often. I think I only wore it a handful of times. After that it is a hard choice between hair and makeup. My own hair is very long, and I can get away with just wearing clip-in bangs to cover my forehead, but I still consider that hair. Other times I will wear a wig just so Alison’s hair doesn’t look like my (male) hair. And makeup (daytime makeup) sometimes consists of lipstick on my face as a beard cover (give my face a sunburned look), then foundation, Ben Nye beard cover under my nose (my problem spot), and finally a little bit of concealer and bronzer. I might put some mascara on my eyebrows to cover the grey. So I could comb and clip my hair to cover my forehead, but I need at least enough makeup to prevent my beard from showing through if I am going out. I would have to vote for makeup third and hair a very close fourth.
- May 1, 2020 at 3:28 pm #340069Jannie MurryLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 123Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 576 times
Just about everything on list is essential for me to get the look that I want to present. Bur the one thing that I absolutely need wasn’t there. I don’t feel completely comfortable unless I am wearing my prosthetic vagina underneath my clothes. Not only dose it hide my male parts but knowing that its there makes me feel more like a female then anything else I wear. It changes the way that I think about myself and I find it easier to have female mannerisms when I’m out in public There’s never been a senereo where I am among gernetic girls that I haven’t felt comfortable. I feel as though I can blend in with just about any place that I go from store’s in my neighborhood to casinos in Las Vegas without being outed
Thanks for asking the question. I hope you understand my answer
- April 28, 2020 at 10:23 am #339305Tiffany BerryLadyRegistered On: April 22, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
I love this question because for me it is all about the foundation: body shape, skin care and most certainly clean-shaven. Sort of like a blank canvas ready to be painted, adorned primped, fussed over and so forth. I adore the pomp and pageantry of dressing, as a deeply satisfying endeavor of love. Oh and by the way; it’s so very much fun! 🤭
- April 27, 2020 at 1:57 pm #339124Lisa FoxLadyRegistered On: March 24, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 36Has thanked: 471 timesBeen thanked: 200 times
I love the question – but almost impossible to pick just three! I picked pantyhose (that’s where I started and still my favorite), heels (because I love to walk in them), and make up (because it’s so much fun changing looks). It’s all about what gives me a good feeling…however, if I was going for the look, I would have to change my answer!
- April 27, 2020 at 9:13 am #339066SunitaLadyRegistered On: December 10, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 48Has thanked: 273 timesBeen thanked: 77 times
I voted for jwellery. I am so much obsessed about jwellery that one of my fantasy is to wear jwellery with minimum clothes. Necklace, bangles, bindi, anklet, bracelet, eartops, nosering waistchain and what not !!!
- April 26, 2020 at 12:34 pm #338836Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 384Has thanked: 316 timesBeen thanked: 1049 times
For me it’s body shape way out front then clean shaved legs, arms and armpits then nylons / tights though in this I’m also including stockings because I love, love, love seemed stockings. If I had a fourth choice, it would have to be shoes / heels and I mention this because they are virtually equal with nylons. I adore the way a pair of 5″ heels shaped my stocking clad legs and lifts my buttocks, particularly when I’m wearing a figure hugging pencil skirt. Thinking about this, it’s a part of body shaping anyway. I’d be surprised if anybody wore heels for the way they feel. Can’t say I’ve ever had a really comfortable pair of heels.
Take care girls.
- April 25, 2020 at 10:22 pm #338700
- April 25, 2020 at 3:47 pm #338625
- April 25, 2020 at 2:56 pm #338611Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 75Replies: 757Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2459 times
For me its/.
1/. Breast forms. I do not feel “femme” one bit without them. Tho I do wear A cup bras under my drab in the winter when layers of clothing diminish the straps and band. As I age the man boobs seem to get bigger, so…
2/. Hair. I’m an “aircraft carrier” on top, so a good wig is essential.
3/. Lingerie… I LOOOOVVVEE high end lingerie, makes a girl feel very special
4/. Heavy duty stockings. I cant shave more than my chest, so the hair needs to be hidden.
5/. Outer clothes, be it casual for mall trips or formal in a ballgown.
6/. Last but not least, of course, make up and jewellery to “complete the look”
- April 25, 2020 at 10:13 am #338524Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 912Has thanked: 2939 timesBeen thanked: 4378 times
- Hair. As someone who doesn’t have as much as they did in former years, I don’t think the balding look works with female clothing, so this is top priority.
- Shoes. No way am I spoiling a pretty dress with clumping man shoes. Ideally heels, but pink trainers or strappy flats if my feet really can’t take them!
- Shape enhancers, especially breast forms. Can’t go out in a dress, or even femme jeans and t-shirt, wig and shoes without them. It’s about the image.
Makeup us next, but optional. Plenty of GGs go without – as long as you’re shaved and moisturised, no problem, but foundation, mascara and lippy never fail to give a confidence boost.
Hair removal I guess is next, but I shave the horrible stuff anyway – but it’s vital if you’re going to expose anything, and why wouldn’t you unless it’s freezing?
- April 25, 2020 at 9:43 am #338521Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 266Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 973 times
OK, it’s not only difficult to pick 3 essential things it is impossible to pick the 8 things that are not? Every one of the 11 are important if we want to be the best we can be. It’s hard enough without putting limits on what it takes to make us look and feel attractive.
- April 25, 2020 at 7:40 am #338497Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1577Has thanked: 1168 timesBeen thanked: 4133 times
- April 24, 2020 at 9:19 am #338226Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 468Has thanked: 752 timesBeen thanked: 1689 times
I checked of hair, shape and complexion because obviously this is what people truly see when they’re looking at you especially men. I think it goes back to our primitive days, if you had nice hair, soft skin and a good shape you were healthy and good breeding stock. You can take a scabby tree and hang stuff all over it and you’ve got a nice Xmas tree but when you take off the lights and tinsel that’s what really counts.
- April 24, 2020 at 7:58 am #338206EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 782Has thanked: 4453 timesBeen thanked: 2524 times
Is there an option for “all of the above”? Lol. Just when I think I have it figured out, I see something that else that I MUST have to complete the look. I guess that’s fairly common even among genetic females. Thanks for the question!
- April 24, 2020 at 7:45 am #338201Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 255Has thanked: 175 timesBeen thanked: 557 times
Pretty difficult to narrow down to 3 choices but I choose: Accessories, Hair Removal and Makeup.
Truth is though it’s the entire package.
I am an out in public always person and while I hate to say it, First Impressions are a huge reality. People see you from a distance and possibly get closer and make a lot of judgments instantly. So in about 1 second a stranger will decide a lot about you whether true or not. I also feel it’s not so important what I wear but how everything is put together regardless if I’m in a dress or casual with jeans and sneakers.
To me everything on this list is essential with the exception of lingerie and specialty outfit-for my needs being out in public.
- April 24, 2020 at 6:54 am #338194Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 912Has thanked: 9442 timesBeen thanked: 3535 times
I picked lingerie, jewelry and body shape as the most important to me, but I agree with Edie, the whole list is a part of being me. Also I am a firm believer in smelling sexy and gorgeous too, so perfumes and colognes are just as important as any outfit. My favorite perfume is White Musk and to me, it gives an actual presence to the ‘Pink Fog’ that I can experience physically.
- April 24, 2020 at 4:00 am #338162Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1577Has thanked: 1168 timesBeen thanked: 4133 times
- April 23, 2020 at 9:28 pm #338116Renske MeijerLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
- April 23, 2020 at 7:54 pm #338101Edie MajeskiBaronessRegistered On: April 7, 2018Topics: 16Replies: 203Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 457 times
- April 23, 2020 at 3:35 pm #338043Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 21Replies: 2734Has thanked: 1962 timesBeen thanked: 5552 times
Other than the clothes ones shape is key to cross dressing. Hence, the padding, breast forms, etc. makes your outfit come together.
Without pockets a cross dresser needs a handbag or purse. After all we must have those essentials like credit cards phone, keys, tissue, make-up, etc.
So too with one’s bling. Who doesn’t like bright, shiny, colorful bangles and bracelets to enjoy with that dangly necklace and matching (hopefully) earrings.
One more item is your special scent. After all we need to complete and finish the look.
- April 23, 2020 at 3:24 pm #338039Alexis TressePrincess - AnnualRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 90Has thanked: 1142 timesBeen thanked: 343 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.