Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Do you remember the first time somebody in public called you ma’m? I do and it was exhilarating!

It was a couple years ago I decided to go to the movies en femme. I got all made up as best I could, but on a maxi dress with a demi jacket. I wish I still had the picture.

Anyway I bought my ticket online and went to the theater. I worked nights at the time so it was the middle of the day so hardly anybody was there. I made the decision that I wanted some popcorn. I went up to the concession stand and stared at the menu. The girl at the counter looked at me and said “I can help you right here, Ma’m!” I was a bit taken off guard and had to remind myself that I was Chloe. I never felt like I passed before that but she looked and me and assumed I was female. Which made me a bit gitty because it worked!

My female voice wasnt as good as it is now but I dont think she noticed. But she called me Ma’m and it showed me that my hard work paid off.

My first time experiencing that rush of being called ‘miss’ was a very special moment.   I had shopped a few times in a boutique owned by a lesbian friend of my first Bf, Vincent.

Shortly after getting my driver’s license, I was at Vincent’s home one day while he was at work.  He drove a company truck, so his Mustang was in the garage, and I had his permission to drive it as long as I was careful.  Being newly free and having time alone that day, I went shopping.

KMART was where I ended up and I parked well away from other cars so no one would hit Vincent’s car.  Plus the long walk across the parking lot would help me get the jitters out.  They were pretty busy so it was kind of easy to mix in the crowd and sort of disappear.  I was looking through a rack of denim mini skirts when a voice from behind me sounded like it came over the PA, “May I help you, miss?” ( forgot to tell you I was in total babe mode).

The SA was a girl not much older than me, and just went her sales pitch about the skirts and a lot of other information, but I  didn’t hear a word after “miss” for at least a couple of minutes.  Then the look we all dread crossed her face for only an instant.  Then a huge smile as she leaned in and whispered that I was being very brave today.  She showed me a lot of clothing that day and I left with almost $80 worth of new things ( in 1976 dollars ).  She even took me to a register away from the crowd and rang me up.  She called me miss several times and used my femme name once I told her.  That was definitely a special day, and there have been hundreds in 40+ years, and a large number that went the opposite way too.  But the good ones always outweigh the bad..

PaulaF

Anonymous
      Lady

I remember that first time, I was in Publix and while checking out the girl ringing up my items when she finished she said “have a great day darling”. Even thought it wasn’t Ma’am it was wonderful to hear. This particular girl has checked me out many times and is always sweet using female terms of endearment. She compliments me on my clothing choices sometimes that really validates my fashion choices. I have no doubt she knows that I’m not a gender specific woman but treats me as I am one of their tribe. Since then I have had many other times being addressed as Ma’am and sweetie, plus having doors opened by males while out. I walked into a UPS to return a Amazon purchase and it was empty except the two staff members, one male and one female. The woman spoke up and told him I will checked “her” packages in. She was very chatty about the weather, her day and the heels I had on. I can remember when I would be terrified if anyone spoke to me much less asked me a question. The more you go out the easier it gets and the more confident you grow to the point presenting as a woman becomes second nature.

Sandy

I’ll never forget it, first night out dressed on a shopping trip in the fall during covid. I had dressed at home for years, but probably would have never gotten the courage to go out dressed without masks. Slightest of silver linings in the very dark cloud. I kept the wardrobe simple, gray turtleneck, jeans and black sneakers. Wore my new C-cup forms, brown bob wig, women’s glasses and a flowery mask. Didnt have makeup on, this was the trip to shop for it.

Left the house after dark to avoid being seen by neighbors and drove to shopping center 20 minutes away. Took about 10 minutes sitting in the car to work up courage to walk over to the store. Heart beating out of my chest, reminding myself to keep head up, shoulders back, take small steps. I walk in… and no one bats an eye. Cashier says “Welcome to Ross!” I politely wave, afraid to speak since I haven’t even attempted a feminine voice yet.  Other customers don’t seem to notice. I blend in. I work my way around the store, picked out a new women’s jacket and a bigger purse. By the time i neared the checkout I was the only customer in the store. I was near the checkout looking over a rack of masks when one cashier said to the other: “Could you ring her up when she’s ready?”  I realize that’s ME! Lightning bolts down my spine.

I work my way toward the checkout: “I’ll take you over here Ma’am.” Another jolt. She rings up the items, “Here’s your receipt Ma’am.” I squeak out a Thank You and head out. Such a rush to be acknowledged as a woman. It just felt so right.

Several follow up trips to other nearby stores followed over the next few weeks. A couple of instances of men holding the door open, another woman complimented my haircut and called me honey. Such a great feeling.  I’ve had limited opportunities recently to get out enfemme, but hope to get out again soon.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Chloe, Gosh, you are taking me way back in time.  I’ve been mistaken for female during various phases of my life (typically at times when my hair is long).  I’m now 66 (and my hair is the longest it has ever been, way past my bra strap) and I am called Ma’am pretty much every time I go to the grocery store.  But back in my early twenties, I remember one time going to the mall in the summer to buy a cold drink at a kiosk.  The gal behind the concession said to me “What would you like Miss?”.  I was wearing a polo shirt and shorts and runners (Back in the 1970s, men’s shorts were super short, as short as women’s are today). That recognition was a most pleasant surprise.  There were other times during the 1970s when I was back in university but I can’t really remember which was the very first time.  thanks for posting the topic.  Stay safe, stay healthy, Hugs, Krista.

Rosiebeth
      Lady

I remember when I was called ma’m.   Since I was young I had long hair and it was always wavy and curly.  Even when I wasn’t trying to pass for a women I was called ma’m on many occasions.  Even in a pair of jeans and a tshirt.   It’s because I look so much like my sisters I just was considered as being a women.   My sisters thought it was funny but I didn’t care or correct them.  Lol.  Now it’s hard to pass since I’m larger and not skinny anymore.  But every time I can called ma’m I’d have to go home and get dolled up and say you are a ma’m.  TeeHee.

Anonymous

ever since been down in Texas and started getting out as Donna been called Ma m all the time  Since it a proper thing and tradition in the state of Texas calling all women that

Hi Chloe.  Your post reminded me of the first time I remember being called miss. I was a lot younger than I am now and I passed as a girl in her late teens. I was in a Victoria’s Secret browsing, looking for a new bra. A really cute salesgirl saw me and came over to where I was in the bra department and said. Can I help you miss? This made me feel like everything I had done to make myself look like a ordinary girl had been worth it. I smiled at her and told her Yes, I’m looking for a bra that’s padded but dosen’t look like it is. She knew exactly what I was looking for and in a few minutes with her help, I found a bra that I was looking for. The first time I was called ma’am, I was at a full service gas station and the attendant came up to my car and said. Yes ma’am, can I fill your car with gas?. Since then I’ve been called ma’am many times and I always get giddy when it happens Thanks for reminding me Chloé, I needed a reminder about something positive.

Hugs to you girl

Janine

I have been called ma’am and hun a few times but yesterday was the best yet. I needed to do just a little shopping, a new mouse for the computer, toilet paper, milk, etc. Then pick up something for dinner and stop at the gas station. I dress en femme 24/7 so even though this was a small trip with no cd goals in mind I decided to go all out with a cute short sweater dress, leggings with cutouts up the side, heels and moderate makeup. I’m not great at makeup but this time I got lucky and I was very happy with my look.

Wal-Mart was busy and maneuvering down the aisles required conversation with the other shoppers to get by or move out of the way. I lost count how many times I was called ma’am, I know it was over 10 times. I knew I looked better than I ever have but this was FANTASTIC!

Then it was on to Chipotle to get takeout. As I moved down the line the person at each station addressed me as ma’am and the cashier said “You have a great evening, hun.” Four ma’ams and a hun. I’m dancing on clouds!!

Now off to the gas station. When I went in to pay, the next available cashier said “I can help you here miss”. Even if I look good I’m still not a miss but Hell Yes! I’ll take it! When we were done he wished me a pleasant evening with ma’am at the end.

Ok, my feet aren’t touching the ground now! I float back to the car and giggle all the way home! For a minor trip with no goals other than to pick up necessities it will be remembered as a Great day.

😁💖

Beth

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?