Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Seren
      Baroness

Happy hump day by beautiful friends from all over the world. I am cautious about posting this as I realise the trauma of the elections are probably still raw for many people.

I just wanted to say how happy I am to see openly trans women,  🏳️‍🌈 folks and other minorities represented in some of the highest positions of power in the US. This matters. Increased visibility in everyday life helps make the world safer by normalising our existence.
      I know it’s a tiny step, there’s work to do, and places trans people will never feel safe, but for now I want to cheer Sarah Mcbride, Stephanie Byers, Taylor Small, Brianna Titone and Lisa Bunker.

Seren xx

Add Lisa Middleton to that list as she was re-elected to Palm Springs, CA City Council.

I met Sarah McBride a couple of years ago and I was very impressed. Although she has had some serious setbacks in her life, it only seems to have strengthened her…

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Worth mentioning is Danica Roem.  She is the first transwoman elected to the Virginia House of Delegates – in 2017.  She was re-elected in 2019.

I agree these are small but important steps for the trans community and LGBTQ people in general.

Thank you Seren for posting this.  I think most everyone on CDH would agree that better representation is good for all of us.

Emily

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The importance of representation’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?