Viewing 0 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Samantha Joan
      Hostess

What a great way to spend a leap day evening!

While not a big departure for a Disney/Pixar film, Onward does do something that I haven’t seen since UP!

The film is a coming of age story, set against a backdrop of mythical creatures driving cars, going to high school and going about their normal lives. Whilst setting out to be a comedy aimed at kids primarily, the heart of the film addresses the loss of close family, step parenting, how grief and loss can take hold of a teenager and why faith in yourself  is so important.

Our two heroes, voiced by Avengers stars Chris Pratt and Tom Holland do a great job and their characters fit their voices very well. I will not go into too much detail, see the Samantha no spoiler guarantee! What I will say this film is smart, funny, intelligent and reflects well today’s modern society.

The jokes, as you would expect from Pixar, aimed at children but the adults will get the subtlety behind them.

Whilst this film will probably not have the same lasting affection as Toy Story did, this film is well worth the visit.

8/10

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?