Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This article could easily get too long to read so I tried not to add too much extra trivial matter and totally skipped over a lot of mundane minutes.

My goal; take a trip to Green Bay to the First Thursday gathering, and wear a dress the entire time Thursday AM until Friday PM (except for sleep). I have ventured out in my skinny jeans and make- up mode quite a bit this winter, it’s actually a great way to introduce yourself to the CD experience. This trip was to be different, heels, pantyhose, nice knee length dress make-up- the whole enchilada for the whole trip. I made reservations for lodging far in advance, non refundable for the last week so I was not to be denied.

Wisconsin has about six months of summer and an equal amount of winter. By early April you can occasionally catch glimpses of the summer ahead. Not this year. I left home with wet slop falling from the Heavens and drove pretty much all day (three hours) in same. I stopped at a shoe store in a mid sized burg about half way to my destination. I was in dire need of a sandal type high heel to wear since a small toe injury had left closed toed heels unbearable. The clerks were helpful in explaining they did not carry size 12 women’s shoes. I moved on.

I made it to Green Bay and had several hours to shop. Perfect, I needed those heels and a few other frilly items. I found Bay Park Mall and decided to shop a few big box department stores. I climbed from my warm SUV into subarctic Green Bay. I’m sporting a very pretty sweater dress, a light spring coat and a wig that today doubled as a troopers hat and lit off across a hundred yards of ice glazed parking lot. I got into the store in one piece and got my bearings. Shoes first, check out the bras next and I still need a nice skirt, away I go. As I shuffled through the bowels of this super store I began to notice a trend had developed, there was me in my pretty dress and them (hundreds of them) in full arctic gear and jeans, not one dress in sight. I am a firm believer in “blending” into the crowd around you. I couldn’t have stood out more if I lit myself on fire. I ran for the door without a single item in hand. After another long walk or skate I realized this isn’t working………………… Off to the hotel.

Check in was a snap. If the clerk sensed something unusual, she didn’t let on.

Dress over chair, skinny jeans as a unwanted but necessary replacement. Back to the mall.

Back at the hotel the second time I enjoyed the warmth while thinking of the dress I didn’t buy and the shoes I didn’t find. But it was no time for procrastination, the GALA was only an hour away and I WAS NOT wearing jeans to my inaugural CD gathering. In fact I bought a dress especially for this occasion, knee length, blood red with lacy long sleeves. Off to the gathering.

I arrived early, as always, but before long the crew began to show up. The Gathering is held monthly at the Napalese Lounge near old Down Town. The bar is billed as a gay bar but the clientele is extremely diverse, by evenings end CD’s are intermixed quite nicely with others, no fights, no nothing, just enjoyment. This gathering is headed up by Martha, kind of a super hero in LGBT affairs in the Green Bay area. I meet many new friends and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thank you Martha……. Back to the hotel and for the fifth or sixth time a trip through the lobby in a dress and thankfully no unwanted attention.

I woke up Friday after sleeping poorly….not the hotels fault, to the same miserable weather plus an even nastier north wind. I tucked my three beautiful dresses away- my goal was already broken, and on went skinny jeans pair two. After coffee I checked out. I bought a few things at Mega Walmart, ate a breakfast sandwich and started home through the storm.

There is a modest sized town (Marinette) on the Wisconsin Michigan border that I decided to visit. It has some nice stores and I had all day to goof off. I took another swipe at a shoe store…same story. I headed in to a Kohls, a fairly large department store chain in the mid west. Today with nothing pressing I am going to shop and I did. An hour later it’s time for check out. Kohls is notorious for saving scams, Kohls cash, super discounts, etc. Pretty ol’ me sashays to the check out. “Did you find what you were looking for today”? “Yes”….”Will this go on your Kohls charge card” “No”….”You can save 35% on today’s purchase”. “Would you like one”?** NEVER in a million years him or her mode would I get a credit card….NEVER!**  “Sure”, was my answer for Heaven only knows why. “Can I see your I.D. MISS ?” good start. She held on to my card looking at it time and again and continued calling me “Miss” through the entire process. I started feeling sorry for the clerk, my drivers license says “he” and my lipstick, purse and size “D” boobs tell her something else. Bless her, she keeps calling me “Miss”. After a mistake which required calling the manager over to verify my information again I finally left with my purchase.

Somewhat exhausted I headed for home through the driving wind and snow. My day didn’t end there but it was quiet by comparison. That ends My Personal Cross Dressing Story. I will call it Volume 1 since I hope more will follow. Love to all! TERI

Hi Terri as it was a terrible weather trip most was good for you as being Terri was agreat girly time thanks for sharing and ready for part 2 he he ..

Stephanie Bass

There’s room here for your Keystone Story (:) Thank You, Luv TERI

Hi Terri I wont take up your story and will post soon the highlights of the trip thank you girlfriend..

Stephanie

Martha
      Baroness - Annual

Loved reading your story – but more than that I loved meeting you. Thank you for the kind words. In truth there are a lot of people not just me who help to make our First Thursday Gatherings a monthly special opportunity for all of us in the trans CD community. I look forward to hearing about the your future adventures and to seeing you again in Green Bay. Take care and be well in the meantime. – Martha

Martha. If you don’t think anyone would care could you send the names of the attendees via private message. Thanks…Luv TERI

Hi Teri, Love the article. They say a good story makes you feel as if you were there. I actually got a chill from the cold (even though its 95 here today in Arizona). I am definitely planning on joining you this summer to one of these Galas. It sounds like so much fun. Need to hear more about the Gala itself and the people you met! A Big Warm AZ Hug, Paulette

Angela Booth
      Hostess

What a lovely adventure despite the cold. You ticked so many boxes there and are more prepared in the future. Your experience at the check out was quite nice as the girl did her best and addressed you as to your appearance. Employee of the month material. I look forward to the next installment.

Hello Teri, a trip to remember, and yes we can stand out ina crowd of snow clothing people wearing a dress. This was your long awaited trip, you were comfortable in your clothes, and probably looked good too. Save the snow gear for ice fishing.
      A great way to spread your wings on a road trip, and it shows that opinions are changing if a shop worker calls you miss. Not everything is like this though.
      Anyway, you enjoyed it. A win for you.
      Best Wishes
      Jane

Hi Teri,

March weather can be mean and nasty.  Good to hear you safely arrived at the Green Bay meeting.  Try Torrid for wide width shoes in a size 13.  You might find what you’re looking for.

Alice

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?