Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Hi Ladies,

It is almost a year now since I first joined this group and took my first tentative steps, after many years, going out and about as Aurora. Over that period of time, thanks in part to the generous support of all the ladies here, I have become very comfortable presenting myself as myself. I have also built up my wardrobe to such an extent that I now have a more comprehensive fem wardrobe than I do of guy clothes, which I rarely wear these days.

Anyway, a few weeks ago I did something that I have been wanting to do for some time. That is I packed a suitcase, dressed in one of my outfits and set off for Canmore in Southern Alberta where I stayed the night. I stopped for lunch in Rocky Mountain House, not a big centre by any means and went out and about in Canmore after signing in to the hotel there and having supper.

It was a most amazing tour, what with the scenery and wildlife… plus the fact that I hadn’t taken a guy clothes bail out bag with me, which, for me, made it even better.

My second overnight, after driving the Icefields Parkway, was in Jasper… which is expensive, as many of you will know, but well worth it just for one night.

During the three days, I took photos, mingled with people and, in general, no-one took much notice.

At the restaurant in Canmore, one of the waitresses approached me and told me that my eyelashes were great. She then said that she is a lash tech. and repeated that my eyelashes were great.

After my overnight in Jasper, I went up to Maligne Lake… which was still frozen… and did get some second looks there. I think mainly because everyone else was dressed in an outdoors hiking fashion while I was dressed in my usual in town for lunch attire.

On my way down from the lake I stopped in at Maligne Canyon where there is a very nice restaurant. I had a nice lunch on the patio listening to the sound of Maligne River burbling over the rocks. No-one paid much attention to me there, however, after lunch when I was doing a bit of sight-seeing and taking a few  photos, one lady did look very amused. When she caught me looking at her, she turned her amusement into a smile and said, “Hi!” Her amusement may have been because my mode of dress caught her attention and was at odds with the other ladies doing their bit of exploring.

All in all, it was a great three days doing my make-up every morning, getting dressed and presenting myself to the world.

Twelve months ago I used to step out the door and sneak quickly to get into the car, dreading the fact that I might be observed. I think now, even though none of my neighbours have said anything, the entire village must know.

I think that now I have to get some outdoor femme wear for my next such holiday, then I can dress for the outdoors during the day and more femininely for the evening.

On a side note, dressing like I do does not feel like crossdressing anymore… it just feels like getting dressed for the day.

As always, I hope that this is of  help for those still considering going out and about but have not yet took the plunge.

Of course, I understand that not everyone lives in an accepting area or town.

Hugs,

Aurora Eden

What a lovely story! I’m very happy for you!
      Fredrika XOXOX

Aurora Lynne
        Baroness

Thanks Fredrika,

It really was a good holiday and on both occasions the breakfast restaurants were quite small, so I sat at close quarters with the other patrons without any problems.

At the restaurant in Jasper, the waiter referred to me as Ma’am. When I asked him where the washroom was he directed me to the back of the room and on the left. When I got there I found that only the Ladies’ washroom was on the left, so I felt pretty good about that.

Aurora

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

That is such a wonderful story Aurora. Thanks for posting it because it is by reading stories like this that I got the courage to go out dressed for the first time 2 months ago. Now I can’t get enough of being out en femme and am planning a small vacation trip myself for the near future.

Aurora Lynne
        Baroness

Thanks Fiona,

I am looking forward to hearing about your trip if you feel you would like to share it.

Aurora

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Aurora, you hit the nail right on the head!! Sounds like you had the MOST wonderful time.
      CDH has done the same for me, after reading all the wonderful stories I too got myself out there to let my fem self seen and be out in the world.
      In fact I am all set to go to my 50th class reunion in one month going completely dressed in fem, having no male clothes back up. The fear of this adventure is outweighed by the excitement to do this. The fact that at our age I might never see these people again.
      It has only been all the wonderful stories here at CDH that gave me the courage to try to be out there and then having no bad experiences. I keep going out for more and more.

Cassie

Hi Aurora what a wonderful time it must have been so happy for you to have the courage to be yourself and go out into the world as yourself congrats girl ..

Stephanie  Bass

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

That was very brave to go without a male clothes bail out bag! I would have trouble hiding my 5 o’clock shadow if I stayed out too long. Is that ever an issue for you? If so, how do you deal with it?

Aurora Lynne
        Baroness

Hi Mia,

I don’t have heavy beard growth, although by four or five in the afternoon it is starting to become noticable. The only way I deal with it is to remove that area of make-up, shave and then re-do the make-up. Either that or remove and re-do the make-up entirely. Next time I go on such a journey, I plan on starting out the day with plain and simple make-up then, after showering and shaving at the hotel, apply make-up suitable for an evening out.

I went without male clothes back-up as I wanted to feel what it would be like to be so far from home and living as Aurora every day. I must say, I really enjoyed it.

Aurora

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Aurora,

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. How wonderful to be accepted along the way on your holiday!

💕Lara

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?