Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey girls,

Have any of you caught the HBO/Sky tv show We’re here? Started watching it yesterday and already on episode four lol

For the uninitiated, three drag queens (Bob the Drag Queen, Eureaka and Shangela) visit very Conservative areas in the US and put on a drag show with local folks.

Whilst the media cynic in me can see the producers work quite clearly, they do pull off some wonderful stories which hit all the emotional buttons of a great show.

The conflict between religious values and values of ones self are very interesting. And seeing folk who wouldn’t normally do drag getting involved really warms the old cockles.

Any hoot, just figured I’d share such a positive show, when there is so much drudgery in the media at the moment. x

Haha!

I will look out for this.

The religious values side really interests me.

I only know of the Deuteronomy chapter that declares cross dressing an abomination.

Shellfish and pork too, if I recall correctly.

Clothes that are not made of linen or wool – abominations.

Deuteronomy tells rapists to marry their victims, and prescribes stoning to death as punishment for various crimes, like sleeping with a newly-wed.

Interesting contradiction to “Thou shalt not kill”

Surely you can’t pick and choose if it’s really the word of God and not of a man who spent too much time in the desert 2000 years ago among a culture that has all but died out?

My thoughts…

Love Laura

Ahh the fabled words of Yahweh before Hod rebranded in the new testament which does away with all the vengeful stuff.

He who casts the first stone and all that jazz. Lol

Rhere is one guy who is struggling between his sexual identity and his religious conviction.

If God makes folk on his own image, by definition each creature is perfect – no mistakes or boo boos.

Iam not religious (spiritual perhaps) , but it does intrigue me how religion still dominates so many folks lives, even these days. 😊

I rarely almost never enjoy discussions concerning religion and politics Those topics can be too emotional for a lot of people. I believe now that having some type of base that one can get back to can help so many when they get lost . I was lost for so many years and i found that expressing myself in the feminine gender brings so much comfort and joy, almost like it was meant to be. I had to go back as far as i could remember just to confirm my feelings have been consistent threw out my entire life. I have always felt that i should of been born a female but society did a great job convincing me otherwise. Now i am left with just fantasizing what my life could of been if i followed my feelings back so many years ago. I have learned that we all have to compromise and be happy with the outcome. We were the one’s that made the deal. So just enjoy each day as if it were your last but take into consideration you have to compromise. We have others  [we invited] that should be considered . Luv Stephanie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?