Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

It is inevitable, the politicians cannot keep us apart forever.  It is human nature to gather and enjoy life with others.  One of the most common is for people to dance, solo or in large crowds.  So, what is your favorite style of dancing, and maybe why you like it?

Myself, my all time favorite dance style is what they used to call a ‘Stroll’, which gives you the opportunity to both dance with your partner, but also show off some of your own moves at the same time as you move down the line, and really get into the music without it being structured in stone.  A Stroll is your own, no one can duplicate your exact moves.

Next to Strolling, I love to dance with my partner slow and close.  The most intimate way to be alone with them and yet be part of the crowd at the same time.  Everything else comes after that, Grinding, A Waltz,  Country Line Dancing, or even the Macarena.

So, how do you ‘cut a rug’ with your partner?

SALSA! Sorry shouldn’t of shouted that. I love salsa, want to learn the fem side, that and watch guys cringe as I’ll be in a dress and heels.

Found I like styleling as a woman, it doesn’t feel right as a man I just spin one way I another.

Want to learn kazumba. Slow, close and intimate

Love Trish

Anonymous

Paula

sorry, but this girl just can’t dance for toffee…I can do a slow smooch ( among the bruised toes!!)…

I am usually the person accused of ” dancing like your dad”!!

two left footedly,  grace xx

Hi honey dont let 2 left feet stop you. I have dyslexia, which affects my hand and foot to eye coordination. I took classes got hooked it’s the second thickest fog I see. Admittedly learning during covid is almost impossible but I would still hartily recommend a learning a structured dance style  If anything it’s another excuse to get all glammed up.

Love Trish

Anonymous

Grace, can’t you do the elevator (lift) dance? No steps!

Anonymous

Haha… that’s very good!!! Kay..10/10

.I can’t explain it….I’m fine until the music starts…..then it’s like all ten toes have had an argument….and they all rush off in different directions!!!

giddily, grace xx

I’m addicted to electro swing – I just love the exuberant shuffle dance, although it will take me years just to get the co-ordination!

https://youtu.be/8hVaAnFxtAY

Any kind of freestyle dancing which expresses the simple joy of dancing is good – it totally doesn’t matter if you “can dance” or not, but structured dancing can be so exciting when you see someone good. I used to really love watching Fred and Ginger.

Ballroom dancing is fun too!

Hi Laura, wow the footwork looks soo technical. I love the music and the joy of it. Plus my solo work needs major improvement, which looks like a major part or the style. What is the best way to learn elecro swing?

Hi Trisha

It’s really popular, so there are literally loads of YouTubes showing how to get the footwork going.

The other moves have to be worked in – but nail that two-step shuffle, and you’ll be on your way.

https://youtu.be/v-fsbZ5VgTU

I find it pretty hard to get going, but it’s a new year resolution of mine to crack!

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Argentine Tango for me – my partner and I dance together at many of the events we go to – its classy and fun !

Hugs

Dawn x

I havent danced in years. Always wanted to take lessons with my wife. Maybe Elaine Benis style 😉

I could thougherly recommend doing so. Just get ready for another fog/mist in your life. It’s addictive.

Love Trish

Salsa and Shag. My challenge is learning to follow.

Krista
      Duchess

Thanks for the topic Paula.  I used to love dancing – great exercise and I love moving to the music; really feeling it.  We used to dance pretty much everything – ballroom, country, slow, quick, …..    BUT we stopped dancing after I retired four years ago.  I have to admit that my wife is the partner from hell.  She insists that I lead which I don’t have any problem doing but then she complains about how I’m leading – hold your arm straighter, move your hand a few inches, your stride should be an inch longer, no an inch shorter, etc.  I’d watch other guys dance and clearly they had no idea what they were doing.  But it looked like they were having fun.  I loved dancing just for fun but my wife made it out to be some sort of ballroom competition and we weren’t at any competition, just a dance social.  She just took the fun out of it.  She always told me to ask other women to dance, as it is the polite thing to do, and which I did.  But then she got pissed off because other men didn’t ask her to dance.  Living in redneck country, a lot of the men just stand around and drink beer, talk about hunting and fishing, sports or pickup trucks and leave their wives to chat by themselves or dance with the few guys (like me) who like to dance.  Wow, that was a tangent.  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the best, Hugs, Krista.

I would like to take dance lessons since I have always loved ballroom dancing but my partner just isnt interested in that. As Debbie I have danced at the clubs and really enjoy slow dancing up close like lovers do. I attended a tg dance event some years ago which was country western and had a ball dancing the texas two step which is easy to learn as well as line dancing. Next time I attend I will have to get a county western dance outfit .

Girls, it’s not important to have total Mastery over your steps.  Dancing is about relaxing and having fun either by yourself or with a partner or a whole mob as in line dancing.  I do like the look of the Electro Swing to, but many of it’s moves look a whole lot like my Sims copied the dance in my Sims4 game, or did the girl in the vid copy from the game,  hhhhhmmmmm?

As long as you don’t dance worse than Elaine Benis, have fun and it IS good for you too.  Dance like no one is watching!

PaulaF

Anonymous

As a former headbanger there wasn’t much dancing, until I met my wife and got dragged into Disco. However  Country Music & Hip Hop absolutely sucks and I completely refuse  to dance to that.

I used to go to discos and metal gigs – gigs of all sorts of music, discriminating purely on whether I liked the music or not.

I really got stuck into the mosh pit when I saw Metallica with Anthrax as support back in 1986, and Slayer the next year – the feeling was more intense than seeing Motorhead or Maiden in 1980!

Anonymous

I used to go to a club in London in New Cross, where I would see punk and alternative bands. Loved getting into the mosh pit and stage diving. I then found the acid house scene in the early 90s and went to quite a few parties and illegal raves in fields and warehouses. Good times. Love dancing.

I don’t dance. That’s a statement that I don’t enjoy sharing. Years ago, in my early teens, I was invited to a party hosted by my late aunt, it also coincided with my cousin’s (GG) birthday. I was a shy child, probably got that from my Dad who was pretty staid and straight laced. Anyway, during the ongoing party, my cousin dragged me up on the floor to dance. Never having danced before in my life, I was kinda scared but tried to follow what was going on. Imagine my horror when my cousin started laughing at me, followed by my Dad’s sister joining in and ridiculing me. I felt awful and sat in a corner until I was taken home. I enjoy music tremendously, much preferring classical, classic rock & instrumental. Country and rap leaves me cold, but I don’t dance.

Anonymous

Wow Michaela, that really hurt! In high school I was really shy, well that is a nice word for my struggle between my male and female sides, and I stood in the corner during all the high school dances and watched everyone dance. They had live bands and at least I could enjoy the music.

Hugs,

Kay

Elaine
      Duchess

The first thing I said to my wife “would you like to dance?” We can dance the basics and many moves in all the mainstream ballroom dances. Our current favorite is rumba.

A man who dances has his choice of romances.

Ah! You’ve reminded me of how I met my wife!

I was dancing to disco music – which was unusual for me at that time, as I was really into the house and Trance music which was around in the late 1990s – early 2000s.

The club I frequented had 2 dance floors, the smaller one was for disco.

I had just bought my first house, and I took the couple I bought the house from to my club, as I had a gold card. They found the big arena a bit intimidating, so I danced with them for a while, and, as usual in those days, with any young ladies who wanted to dance with me for a tune or two.

One young lady stayed dancing with me until long after that couple had gone. I took her to the main arena where we danced until way after midnight.

I asked if I could see her again – and the rest us history!

That was the night of 13th February 1999, so we kind of officially met on Valentine’s Day, since the music was too loud for conversation – all communication happened via dance!

Love Laura

Elaine
          Duchess

I was living and working in Panama.  Went to a local disco.  I could not speak Spanish nor dance salsa or merengue so was gong nowhere.  For whatever reason, the DJ played a George Strait country song.  Thru the crowd I could see a gringa moving to the beat of the music and mouthing the words.  AHA!!!  “would you like to dance?”  The following weekend we had our first date, dinner, and dancing of course.  Afterward she invited me in for a drink and I haven’t left yet.  29 tears ago.

Our whole love affair is based around dancing.  We have taken all kinds of lessons so can get by in almost any dance venue.  C&W is still my favorite, but do allot of Rumba, West Coast Swing, Salsa…,  Hardest dance for me is Argentine Tango.

We are on dancing sabbatical right now since a shoulder injury has me sidelined because can’t hold frame.

Sorry to ramble on, but I love to dance.  Second to the best decision I ever made (joining the Army is first).

I can slow dance, and can at least move with the music to faster beats, but would love to learn ballroom dancing with my wife. She would too. Of course we’ve got covid now so… before that we hadn’t found anywhere to go learn. My parents were brilliant.

Bridgette vS

Anonymous

For several years, until shortly before my bypass surgery, we were avid square-dancers; we attended a few national conventions and a few retreats on English Mountain, in Sevierville, TN.
      But the dance I have totally loved since I first learned it in 1950 is the Charleston. Whenever I hear that beat, my feet still move of their own accord, even though I can no longer do the dance; I’ve lost the balance and coordination needed to do it.

Bettylou

Anonymous

I like to slow dance or just move my body as the music inspires me.  Those are the only ways I’ve ever danced (aside from the Chicken Dance at every wedding reception I’ve attended, lol).  I’ve never learned how to do any “real” dances.  I think it would be fun to learn ballroom dancing.

My favorite way to dance is slow, where I can snuggle up to my partner, look into their eyes, perhaps even kiss while dancing.  But I do get a kick out of doing the YMCA, the chicken dance, and the Hokey Pokey, LOL

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Many years ago I spent a lot of time in mosh pits.  Nowadays, “dancing” to house, techno, and trance are more my speed.

Prudence
      Ambassador

I guess  it could be free form? No set routine, just going where the Music takes me!  I used to Dance at Grateful Dead concerts.   Hugs

Anonymous

I would love to be able to jive, lindybop or ot do the Charlston. They all seem such fun, energetic dances that put a smile on my face when I am watching couples or individuals dance them. I also love the outfits and music

I love to cha-cha, mambo, samba waltz and any form of ballroom dancing where partners hold each other.

Stevie65
      Lady

This is my style of danicing and nothing beats it as it is very physical!!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=03P-dcQh4IM&list=RD03P-dcQh4IM&start_radio=1

Stevie

That is so true Samantha.   That is one reason that I like the saying  “Dance like no one is looking. “.  Growing up, I would dance a lot when I was by myself, and my sister or mom would sometimes join me if they were home.

In my 20’s, I had to be reminded after a couple drinks too many, that it was time to get out of the dance contest because someone stepped on my watch.

PaulaF

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?