• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by MaryJo.
Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

As I was getting dressed today, I realize that I have quite a few pairs of earrings. Some are clip-on, some are pierced, and I even have a pair of magnetic earrings. I don’t have any ear cuffs, but I’ve seen them on some girls and they look really cute. I love earrings because they provide so much flexibility in how an outfit looks. Plus, there are so many different styles that you can never run out of them, and even though guys are beginning to wear some earrings, they don’t have the same range of colors and styles that we as women do! I also realized that for me, I seem to have two main types that I really enjoy wearing, and those are hoops (of all sizes and colors) and dangly earrings (of all lengths and styles). Of course, I also have studs, classic drop earrings and others as well.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

What is your favorite style of earrings to wear?

Hugs,

Holly

PS – you can choose more than one answer!

I wear studs and small hoops alot when out casually in jeans and when in full fem attire like a frilly blouse or dress I tend to go with dangling earrings that sway with movement. They feel so divine

Since my ears are not pierced, it is clip ons.

I have a set of magnetic, but after a while it pinches the lobes and gives me a splitting headache.  I have 2 pairs of the metal “spring” style clip ons, but after 30 seconds the lobes hurt and it also gives me a splitting headache.

I found a shop that sells a different kind of clip ons.  It is a small plastic hoop that you slide over the lobes, and these ones I can wear all day no problem, no headaches whatsoever.  Doesn’t hurt at all.

I must have at least 16 pairs from this shop.

I used to love wearing long dangly ear rings, but it kept getting caught in my wigs so now it is studs or very short dangly.

Side note, I always thought my wife would object to me getting my ears piercead d.  Not sure how the discussion started but I think we were talking about earrings and she asked if I had any interest in getting them pierced.  I said I would have to think about it.

Recently when we were waiting for our usual pedicure place to open up (yes where we live there is literally 2 manicure/pedicure places side by side) the other shop had a sign that said free pierced ears and she brought up the subject of me getting my ears pierced again.

So now I am kinda thinking about getting it pierced but what would my parents say, as I would be getting both pierced.  Anyways it was a bonus that my wife is supportive of the idea.

Trish White
        Baroness

Go for it girl, you’ll never regret it. I promise. Also once they’ve healed your parents wouldn’t notice the holes anyway. Also there’s a ton of guys with both ears pierced nowadays.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Pierced ears are on the horizon.  For now it’s clip-on’s.  Mostly smaller hoops and dangly ones.  Prefer simple designs made of silver.

Dayna
      Lady

I have both ears pierced and I where small black hoops daily in drab mode , I never get any grief for it.

Now when I’m dressed up getting my girl on I wear larger hoops or something dangling

I want them to be seen, and with the weight and the size I’m aware I’m wearing them which helps me with being more fem .

I once forgot about what I was wearing there was know weight, know dangling , I even had a a very fem necklace I was wearing, again know weight or dangling to remind me I was wearing them, I drove to my destination parked looked in the mirror and was shocked I was in girly earrings and I’m in the necklace thank goodness I looked in the mirror could have caused Great embarrassment so I guess honestly I like hoops and dangly earrings for those reasons..

• I get so comfortabl when I’m dressed I honestly forget I’m dressed lol..
      • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dayna.
      Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Holly, I’ve always liked large hoop earrings especially now with my hair style. They’re the only ones that are visible. I also love long dangly earrings and wear them once in a while. I’ve had my ears double pierced for a long time and with some of the hair styles I had in the past it was perfect because my ears were more visible so could wear studs and either dangly or hoop earrings together. So far though I haven’t found a wig style that I liked that exposed my ears. But I’m still looking.

Have a great day girl.

I only have my left ear pierced at the moment and normally wear a small gold or silver hoop even when in drab mode. I plan to get the other ear pierced soon and will most likely double pierce the left one at the same time. Once both are pierced, I will transition to more dangling styles when dressed.

Hugs,

Emily

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Holly, well, I did own a pair of earrings once.  There were sort of dangly and I enjoyed them, but they were cheap and eventually broke.  I’d sort of like to get my ears pierced and wear a stud (or two) as a guy, but have the holes available for what I’d really like to wear, hoop earrings of a reasonable size.  Something about them just appeals to me. I suppose I can buy hoops that are sort of clip-ons and I may do that.   Things have to be just right for either to happen.  We’ll see and if I do, I’ll report back.

Hugs, ChloëC

I’ve had good luck with the newer clip on hoops.The older ones either lost tension or fell apart after awhile,Happy holidays, Chloe, always enjoy your posts

Hi ladies,

I have my ears pierced and I love hoops and dangly earrings. I’m wearing a pair of inch and a half rose gold hoops right now as I type this response. I am a bit fussy about my earrings, having learned e few things based on my experiences. I find that large hoops are not that enjoyable as I don’t like them banging against my jaw and neck, most of mine are probably and inch and a half to two inches. I have dangly earrings that are anywhere from and inch to two and a half inches long. French hooks, or shepherd hooks are a sure way to lose earrings unless you’re really good at getting those tiny little plastic things on the end of the hook, not that easy with long nails, which I always have. There’s a style of hoop, drop and dangly that have what’s called a lever back or latch back. These work very well, are easy to put on and remove, and remain secure on your ears.
      I lost a French hook dangly earring just last Friday night while getting out of the taxi I took home from a concert. That will be the last time…

Big hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

Oh, how I wish I could get my ears pierced, but my wife told me I can do that the day after I die. Pretty sure she is not on board with me doing that, lol. I do like clip-ons (because I have to) that are long and dangly, I enjoy feeling them move as I do. I have one pair that are a two piece, one piece hits the other and softly chimes, quite unique.

I voted for the dangly earrings. When I’m dressed there is nothing better to either be walking around or just sitting and have the dangly earrings remind you that you have them on your ears.  It’s an even better feeling when the dangles rattle together whenever you move.

Wearing these kind of earrings helps me to keep from having to go to look at myself in the mirror to remind myself the way that I’m dressed.  I don’t know about anyone else, but I always find that when I’m dressed that I like to see myself either in a photo or in the mirror to remind myself that I’m really a female for the time being.  Of course, looking down at yourself confirms that, but dangly rattling earrings are a really welcome addition to remind me of my femininity.

Dani
      Lady

I have to say next to putting on a bra, dangly or hoop earrings give me a total rush. I never realized how something so simple could make me feel so good.
      It’s always one of those ahhhh this feels good moments for me.

Ohh – I had to add this. The next best things to earrings, is shopping online for earrings. OK not the next best thing but I love it. I have to wear clip-ons as well as a lot of you but I also have some clip-on adapters and they work OK too.
      And I love necklaces – pearls, simple chains… I have nothing big and gaudy but I still love them. Something about being girly.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dani.

I don’t have pierced ears so it’s clip ons for me.  I have a couple pair of actual clip ons (one I bought, the other inherited from my mother (though no one in the family knows)) – I have others that I have converted from pierced to clip on.  I like those that dangle as like others have said I like the feel of them swinging on my ears – a couple months ago my wife asked if I had thought of getting my ears pierced (we were at a craft show looking at earrings at the time) – I told her I have to think about it – she said she wouldn’t like if I (her husband) had pierced ears but it would be okay for Suzanne – I brought it up again and got the same answer – as much as I would like to I can wait until the timing is better – I do like wearing my earrings, bracelets and necklaces though

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve always used clip ons but with the wifes blessing I’m getting both pierced after xmas. After the month of healing I want to wear small hoops.

I used to have some clip ons that were about an inch and a half long bars that felt really nice as I moved around but sadly lost them in a purge. I hope to find some like that pierced.

I notice more and more men wearing earrings and some are dangling.

Hi Holly i didn’t vote, I have a few pairs of clip on earrings but i would love to have my ears pierced though, I would love to buy some earrings shaped like feathers and have a few studs, I love the way some girls have 3 or 4 piercing in one ear, I would love to have 2 or 3 studs and a pair of dangling earrings all in one ear i think they look fabulous X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

I like any but especially big hoops, both my ears have 2 holes so I can do double hoops or studs with hoops or danglies. Whatever the mood is and what I’m wearing I can be creative I guess you can say.

My go to earrings are silver or gold medium size clip on hoops but I also have a large assortment of other clip ons.  I adjust the springs with a jewelers pliers so they grip just right and don’t put my ear to sleep.  If I think that they might go flying when I’m dancing the night away, I just add a drop of super glue or eyelash glue to the pad and I have no worries.  Happy Holidays,  Marg

Anonymous

Marg, that’s a great tip, I never thought of that. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

Holly

Glad that it might help, Holly.  I learned it from other performers.  The kiss of death is to lose a small costume piece or jewelry on stage and then somebody else slips on it during the performance.  Safe Journey,  Marg

I like hoop earrings nice big ones. A few years back my wife was getting a tattoo and the only other person in the shop was a piecer so I figured I would get both ears pierced he shot the holes in with like a gun 19-gauge holes it hurt but it was worth it. I had to keep them in for a year so they wouldn’t close up. My wife got her ears pierced again at a normal shop and I think she had to keep them in for a few weeks. Now what I know about getting my ears pierced I’ll go the sissy route next time that’s the smart way. Love my pierced ears one of the best things I have done Merry Christmas Girls

It’s hard for me to answer. Up until 3 weeks ago I would have said clip-on, or at least convert to clip-on. I had some clip-on earrings with a vertical ring that I added a jump ring and could attach many different earrings to. But I got my ears pierced 3 weeks ago. I’m still in the starter studs. And I was told it may be 8-12 months before things are completely healed and I’ll be able to wear costume jewelry. I should be able to change the earring in a few weeks, and I’ll get a feminine pair that fits the same titanium backings that I can wear when I’m out en femme.

Like most here, I prefer hoops or long dangly earrings. Anything that swings into view when I move my head and helps remind me they are there also helps remind me how I am feeling.

MaryJo
        Baroness

For me, it’s not so much the seeing hoops or dangly, but feeling them on my neck.

Hi girls,
      I just bought myself a Christmas gift in one of my favorite stores that is already having their pre Boxing Day sales (I’m in Canada) I like hoops and dangly earrings but I’m having issues with them getting caught in my new hairdo. I found several pairs of nice looking drop earrings that have the latch back closure.
      They look like French Hook or Shepard hook earrings but the latch closure keeps them secure.
      I had some people saying I should wear gold, others saying, no, silver. So two of these have both colors on them, and that should keep everyone happy 🙂

Hugs everyone, Santa’s big trip is only a week away,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

They sound pretty, Lauren! You’ll have to post some pictures so we can all see them!

Hugs,

Holly

Hi Holly, I uploaded a photo of my new earrings, awaiting the moderators…

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?