- Short skirt
- Hemline just above the knee
- Hemline just below the knee
- Midi-length (hemline at mid-calf)
- Maxi-length (hemline just above your foot)
- Ball gown (floor length)
- July 15, 2022 at 1:03 pm #662946Holly MorrisParticipantRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 45Replies: 110Has thanked: 1227 timesBeen thanked: 1064 times
As crossdressers, we have the same benefits as women when it comes to choosing what to wear. There’s just so many wonderfully cute, pretty, feminine styles to wear that it’s hard to choose! But such is the life of a woman…, and ain’t it wonderful? Of course, once we learn what sizes we need, we still have to find our personal style. Part of determining our personal style is determining what is our favorite length of skirt or dress to wear.
For me, for the most part I like hemlines that stop just above the knee, although I have some very pretty dresses that are both longer and shorter.
So of course…, that got me to wondering.
What’s your favorite length of skirt or dress to wear?
Total of 28 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- August 7, 2022 at 10:37 am #668268
- July 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm #666128Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 444Has thanked: 573 timesBeen thanked: 1532 times
Mini-skirt… Ok, yes, I just turned 50… But I’m told that I still have nice legs.
So, while I still have them, I’m showing them off!! I keep them shaved(all the way up), and I still play hockey with decent muscle tone. Add to that I’m 6’1″, and there’s a fair amount of leg to look at…
I won’t get to do it much longer and I’m gonna live it up!
Have fun out there!
- July 29, 2022 at 4:36 pm #666157DavinaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 88Has thanked: 659 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
- July 26, 2022 at 1:34 pm #665532Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 964Has thanked: 21267 timesBeen thanked: 3383 times
I love mini skirts and dresses! Everything I have is above the knees by at least a couple of inches. They are so fun to wear. Especially a short summer A line dress! This girl does not get out though.
I would certainly stand out!😟
- July 26, 2022 at 7:00 am #665479Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 134Has thanked: 278 timesBeen thanked: 690 times
I love shorter styles, but i have to be honest and accept the fact that I really do look much better with longer things. Knee length or longer seems to work best. A high waste skirt that hits at about the knee or just above (or lower) seems to make my short legs look much longer and better.
I’ve also been wanting some maxi-length items so i dont have to shave quite as intensely.
- July 22, 2022 at 8:13 pm #664703Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 820Has thanked: 664 timesBeen thanked: 3458 times
I can’t answer because “yes” wasn’t a choice.
For me, it really depends on the “season” and on the occasion. In summer I’m usually wearing short skirts to knee length skirts, although a few dresses are a bit below the knee. In the fall and spring, I’m usually wearing knee length to calf length. And in the winter I’m usually wearing calf to ankle length skirts. I put season in quotes because it is more temperature than season. Early fall or late spring can still be hot enough to wear summer clothing, while late fall or early spring it can be cold enough to wear the longer skirts. A spring-like day in mid winter (we will usually get a day or two like that) will prompt something shorter than ankle length.
Occasion also plays into it. If I’m going somewhere formal or at least more dressy, the length will tend to be a bit longer, whereas if I’m trying to be sexy, the length will tend to be shorter.
I have a maid’s dress that is so short, I have male shirts that are longer. But I’ll usually wear a tutu with it for just a bit more modesty. I’ve worn it to a friend’s party serving as a maid, but also, by adding wings and a wand, to a fairy party where I had to walk half a block to her house. But generally I don’t wear it out.
Summertime I will often be in skirts that go down to the finger joint near the nail bed (just shy of fingertip length), but I have some full knee length skirts, and some even longer that are still late spring/summer clothing. Dresses tend to be a bit longer, usually below the knee. I have a flowy sleeveless mid calf dress which I can add a bolero jacket for a dressy look but still be summery. I’m not wearing hosiery, usually just some no-show ankle socks.
Spring/Fall I usually wear knee length to calf length skirts or dresses. The materials tend to be heavier, and I’ll wear pantyhose to keep my legs warm once the temperature drops enough. Towards the colder months, I’ll wear tights instead of pantyhose.
Winter I’m usually in a longer skirt or dress, mid calf to ankle length. I have an ankle length coat so I can keep warm no matter what length of skirt I am wearing. I have a long sleeve high neck ankle length velvet dress that’s really comfy to wear.
I have long ankle to floor length gowns for special occasions too. I’ve got a number of wedding dresses usually with a train, and did a photo shoot wearing one. I bought and wore a floor length quinceañera gown with a train to a friend’s party in a hotel ballroom. I “inherited” some longer gowns that I just don’t have occasion to wear any more, but sit in my closet.
As my go-to length varies throughout the year, I really can’t pick any one length.
- July 22, 2022 at 12:25 pm #664598April FlowersBaronessRegistered On: September 7, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 68Has thanked: 317 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
I answered mini although I would have to say my skirts and skorts would be considered “micro”. I am always out in public dressed and take much time physically to take care of my legs. Thus, I admit there is much enjoyment on showing as much leg as possible in most settings. Obviously there is a time and place for everything.
I actually count backwards where my starting point is “inches below my waist”. There is an “art” form” of dressing in very short skirts, skorts and dresses and not coming off as “slutty”. The objective is to demonstrate once again physical fitness can be viewing in terms of sexiness. I rely upon a very important woman(S.O.) to manage that reference point.
- July 26, 2022 at 8:46 am #665489
- July 22, 2022 at 11:38 am #664585Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 51Replies: 434Has thanked: 1697 timesBeen thanked: 1350 times
- July 18, 2022 at 8:27 pm #663778Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: June 23, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 112Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
I have dresses and skirts of varying lengths. If I had to pick one length, it would be just above my knees. I like the versatility of that length. There are sexy, casual, professional and formal outfits with hemlines at that length.
- July 18, 2022 at 9:42 am #663643Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1598Has thanked: 3124 timesBeen thanked: 5381 times
- July 18, 2022 at 4:33 am #663581NancyDuchessRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 365Has thanked: 994 timesBeen thanked: 1810 times
Short skirts for me. I like my legs, and like to show them. So I prefer to show as much thigh as possible, while still remaining decent. I do have a denim mini, but I’ve never worn it out, I don’t want to have to think about keeping my panties covered quite that much. 😉
- July 17, 2022 at 8:51 pm #663550Scarlett398PrincessRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 597Has thanked: 1877 timesBeen thanked: 1646 times
Great question Holly! It as an easy one to answer by me Holly. I chose “Mini” because with my legs, the shorter the better!
The girls here hate it when I cover them up with jeans, slacks, or long dresses.
Love ya Holly! XOXOXO Scarlett
- July 17, 2022 at 7:31 pm #663543Brianna KayBaronessRegistered On: July 16, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 75 times
- July 17, 2022 at 3:22 pm #663496Sofía Alejandra Hurtado EspinozaLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
- July 17, 2022 at 11:13 am #663453Mary PriscillaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: May 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 111Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 463 times
- July 17, 2022 at 9:51 am #663419
- July 17, 2022 at 9:24 am #663416Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 229 times
Having a couple of dresses and skirts below knee, but I shop for most to be knee length or shorter, that was my pick. I love that look in the mirror in the morning with legs looking sexy in hose and my dress or skirt showing my legs off.
- July 17, 2022 at 4:45 am #663371Charris StantonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 12Has thanked: 64 timesBeen thanked: 128 times
My favorite length? well that changes, bu i guess I’d say right at knee length. The vintage 50s is what I really like right now. But come winter, I will change my vote to Midi or maxi length. then again, who does not like wearing a ball gown? just not a practical everyday garment.
- July 17, 2022 at 4:09 am #663365Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 417Has thanked: 1722 timesBeen thanked: 1973 times
This old gal needs to have a little length in her skirts and dresses, so just about knee length is perfect. Naturally, I do have a few long dresses and a few that are shorter. The shorter ones are a little to daring for me now, but I don’t purge them out just yet, lol.
- July 17, 2022 at 12:23 am #663350Opal DreamLadyRegistered On: March 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 95Has thanked: 152 timesBeen thanked: 322 times
- July 16, 2022 at 10:43 pm #663337Jocelyn BeyoodyDuchessRegistered On: May 4, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 71Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
- July 16, 2022 at 10:49 am #663183Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 88Has thanked: 659 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
I prefer dresses over skirts, but enjoy wearing both. Although I have longer dresses, I prefer the midi look, at knee level.
As many of you have pointed out, female attire now is more with pants, tops, flats or tennis shoes. It seems like if you wear a dress and heels in public, you really stand out, unless at a formal event or party. Blouses/tops and skirts are more common. That is why I normally wear a midi skirt, with a nice top/blouse and flats when out in public.
- July 16, 2022 at 10:28 am #663182Renea DayLadyRegistered On: February 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 67Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 300 times
Short skirts for me, even though I have dresses and skirts in mini, short and above the knee lengths. Short skirts show my legs while still being easy to move. Skirts are tighter while dresses swirl more but both feel sexy to me at mid-thigh, more like a girl.
- July 16, 2022 at 7:42 am #663150Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 945Has thanked: 4466 timesBeen thanked: 3981 times
Around the house or visiting a cd sister I will be daring with short skirts and mini dresses to show off my hose and garter belt (00ps when went over). For the general public I like pencil skirts and longer cotton dresses that sway when walking. As said with age the skirt gets longer and less attention in public but just adore wearing skirts and feel the freedom in them
- July 16, 2022 at 6:40 am #663120Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 816Has thanked: 881 timesBeen thanked: 3662 times
For skirts, majority of mine are above the knee. I find it is easier to walk around in a skirt just above the knee (sitting on the other hand is another issue), and I think it looks great.
I don’t have many dresses in my wardrobe, but they are just below the knee which is ironic given the length of skirts I own. I find the dresses that are above the knee are either strapless or expose too much skin, and both is something I cannot wear.
- July 16, 2022 at 5:47 am #663109Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 127Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 580 times
I’m a little more conservative. My favorite hemlines fall just below my knees. I like my knees to be just covered when I walk, but just uncovered when I sit and cross my legs. I also have a number of tea length dresses which I adore – especially for tea! Also like long evening gowns and a long sheath hobble skirt.
- July 16, 2022 at 5:41 am #663107Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1842Has thanked: 1432 timesBeen thanked: 5485 times
I love mini skirts and very short dresses. The shorter the better. Just long enough to cover my panties for public wear. To wear a skirt or dress like that with nice, sheer to waist waist pantyhose and sexy heels and show off those great legs, I’ve found to be one of the greatest thrills ever.
- July 16, 2022 at 5:47 am #663110Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 276Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 1025 times
Absolutely Patty, I’m with you all the way. The only thing that bugs me is, where I live, most of the cis girls dress drab. It’s hard to find any girls wearing anything other than jeans, flats and minimal make up. So if you’re wearing skirts/dresses and heels you really stick out, It’s sad.
- July 16, 2022 at 6:37 am #663118Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1842Has thanked: 1432 timesBeen thanked: 5485 times
I first began going out dressed when I was 17. I dressed like Daisy Duke. Short shorts, sheer to waist pantyhose, platform wedges, breast forms made from old pantyhose and long wavy hair wigs.
Back then any girls my age dressed like that. I was blend in dressed.
Now with cis girls dressing down so much, dressing to blend in with them, takes the thrill and excitement out of dressing in public and getting to show off great legs.
I’ve always felt self conscious when dressing in public. When I got looks, I often wondered if it was because my sexy legs and pretty hair looked so good, or they saw a guy dressed as a sexy girl.
Now, if I go out in a short dress, shiny pantyhose, heels and pretty hair, I’m usually the best dressed and most femme looking woman. I really stand out. That often effects my decision to get dressed the way I like or just dress, stay home and avoid possible problems for the way I look.
- July 15, 2022 at 7:17 pm #663001Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1653Has thanked: 4934 timesBeen thanked: 5397 times
I voted for a mini skirt, in my terms that’s usually 2-4 above the knee, but I have a fondness for long dresses too. Naturally I have even shorter ones which are fun to wear, but not out and about.
So I either go for a mini skirt or dress of some kind, or a full or nearly full length one.
- July 15, 2022 at 5:10 pm #662984BrookeLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 32 times
- July 15, 2022 at 1:22 pm #662948Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 464Has thanked: 310 timesBeen thanked: 2382 times
I answered short skirt, that’s the length of dresses that I like but denim skirts I love them to be a miniskirt. A long denim skirt has never seemed right to me.
- This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Sandy Honey.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.