- My SO
- My gurl friends
- For men
- For family
- For people in general
- April 28, 2019 at 6:01 pm #172666Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 63Replies: 239Has thanked: 5267 timesBeen thanked: 1923 times
I would ask this same question to anyone.
- June 2, 2022 at 9:58 am #649628Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1539Has thanked: 2985 timesBeen thanked: 5248 times
I dress to let the woman in me out. I feel so natural when I am in a pretty dress with my makeup done.
- June 2, 2022 at 2:49 am #649580Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 252Has thanked: 3882 timesBeen thanked: 1202 times
Well, the truth is I dress for myself. As it’s the only time that I get to feel complete. All of my life I kept on task with my work. All to make a better life for my family. However, I always felt like something was just not right with me. I always knew that I liked looking feminine. It took me until recently to realize that it was the male part that was the imposter. I feel so solidly natural and comfortable dressing that it sometimes made me anxious over changing back, when I needed too. I think I feared that one day, I just might not want to. I’m finding balance these days but it does take time and much thought.
I have found that the smiles that I get from others in so very encouraging. I am an older girl so when I do get a compliment it leaves me feeling so satisfied.
- May 30, 2022 at 2:40 pm #648964
- May 30, 2022 at 2:37 pm #648962Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 96Has thanked: 235 timesBeen thanked: 470 times
I partly dress for myself – I select my own dress, jewelry and shoes each morning, and I enjoy the process and the feeling of being dressed like most of you.
However, my answer has to be that I mainly dress for my wife. We agreed I would stay home and do the cooking and housework, and she insists that I dress my part as a housewife. She has high standards for my appearance (as well as my cooking and cleaning) and isn’t shy about enforcing them. So I dress to please her.
- June 2, 2022 at 1:37 am #649579Satesha KingLadyRegistered On: March 27, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 7Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
Hi Stephanie, That’s really nice that you dress for your wife and she enforces it….mmmm.
I used to dress just for myself but now I dress for my wife and my special gurlfriend. I do love and cherish them both. Much love to you.
- May 28, 2022 at 9:11 am #648421Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 910Has thanked: 4203 timesBeen thanked: 3897 times
Like most I dress for myself and that means whatever mood or state of mind I am in. Housework in a daisy duke outfit or sexy risque outfit no problem when home or at a another girls house. I am conscious of being in public where I can blend in so I tend to dress in public to fit the enviroment of other women so as not to stand out. Yet going to a drag show maybe a different outfit and mindset
- May 28, 2022 at 5:10 am #648372Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1810Has thanked: 1408 timesBeen thanked: 5354 times
For as long as I can remember, I had a fascination with women’s legs in nylons. I wanted to wear what they were wearing and look like them. Then I became mesmerized with other things like heels and bras.
From the time I was 4, I loved wearing pantyhose, heels and a bra. I wanted other pretty things too like dresses but had to settle for a shirt as my dress.
At 13, I began buying my own pantyhose. It was so exciting to get a brand new pair that was sheer to waist and had no runs or holes in them.
At 17, I bought some short girl’s shorts, a few bras and a pair of platform wedge heels. When no one was home, I would put on my pantyhose, short shorts and a bra that I stuffed with breast forms I made from old pantyhose. I would look in the mirror and an incredible thrill would come over me.I had great, sexy legs, shown off so wonderfully in pantyhose, short shorts and platform wedge heels. My breasts looked perfect. That was me. WOW! I looked amazing from the neck down. Above the neck, it was me wearing sexy girl’s clothes.
I decided I had to have pretty hair. I needed a wig. I loved the look of Daisy Duke and was trying to look like her. I needed Daisy hair.
I went to a nearby wig shop and looked in the window. They seemed to have just the wig I was looking for. Just like Daisy hair. I wanted to get it so bad but my nerve abandoned me. I would be so disappointed if someone else bought it.
One day I just went in and asked about it. They actually let me try it on. OMG! Yes. I must have it. Then I saw another one with the same style but in a dirty blonde. I bought both of them.
When I got home and dressed. I felt that amazing thrill and excitement I always felt. I put the wig on. Then I went and looked in the mirror to see how it looked. It was the most amazing feeling and experience. The girl with the sexy legs in the pantyhose, platform wedge heels, little shorts and perfect breasts was me. The wig turned me into a girl. No more guy wearing a sexy girl’s outfit. I was Daisy or maybe Daisy’s sister, or at least someone who looked like Daisy. It was the most thrilling and amazing experience, and the long time fulfillment of many dreams and fantasies.
Then I bean going out in my Daisy attire. It was incredibly exciting and thrilling and nearly as scary. I gradually got bolder each time out. When I bought pantyhose for the first time while dressed like that, I thought that was the ultimate experience and fantasy lived. Then I went shopping for shoes. That I thought was even bolder. Then came many other experiences and adventures. All incredibly, exciting, thrilling and scary.
I did all that for me. No one else but me was having those experiences and thrills. I know it sounds really silly to seek such intense thrills doing that, but there simply was no other way to feel like that.
- May 27, 2022 at 11:11 pm #648313Bekkie-Renee AvenddareLadyRegistered On: November 8, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 27Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
I dress for myself first. Women’s under garments feel so much better than men’s. Aslo, wearing dresses feels a bit more comfortable to me. I mainly dress in private, not comfortable to come out yet. Those I live with would not accept.
I have worn undergarments for men (not often, and not my proudest moments). And not somewhere people I know would go.
It feels better to do it for me; Bekkie-Renee.
- October 26, 2019 at 12:21 am #240126Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6406 times
First and foremost, I dress for myself. I am responsible for my own happiness, and this is the biggest part of my life that makes me truly happy. Dressing for my men friends comes second, followed closely by gurlfriends.
At some point in our lives, I believe that we do hit on each choice at some point to a greater or lesser degree.
- October 25, 2019 at 4:11 pm #239997Ruby SmithLadyRegistered On: October 17, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 304Has thanked: 427 timesBeen thanked: 579 times
Mainly I dress for myself. My wife likes to see me get all dressed up, but it’s more for me than her. Since I have started actually doing makeup and dressing all of the way, I was just wearing panties when I could, she had started putting on makeup as she just didn’t care before. I love it because it’s another thing we get to do together and that’s always a good thing in a relationship.
- October 25, 2019 at 10:57 am #239887Vicki SmytheLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 92Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
Like many here I dress for myself because it makes me feel like a complete person. Now I wouldn’t mind having a fellow CD see me dressed if only to give me pointers on how to improve my look. Right now I would say on a good day I’m a hot mess.
- October 25, 2019 at 10:46 am #239885Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 760Has thanked: 51089 timesBeen thanked: 1852 times
I voted for myself. I dress to get in touch with and to express my feminine side. I don’t dress hoping to find a relationship, I’m already married. I don’t dress to enhance my marriage either; my wife wouldn’t accept, support, or understand. I don’t dress to gain approval from general society, I’m not concerned about that and you can’t please everyone. I do appreciate the complements I get from my CD/TG support group on my clothes.
- October 25, 2019 at 3:22 pm #239987AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Your answer is pretty much the same as mine. Since I am still in the closet, I pretty much dress up for myself. I do appreciate any positive feedback I get here, though! And I wouldn’t mind meeting other CDs for a girls night out someday.
- July 9, 2019 at 7:11 am #196388AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 8, 2019 at 6:44 pm #196238
- June 20, 2019 at 1:23 pm #191896Sonia PinkLadyRegistered On: May 18, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 63Has thanked: 297 timesBeen thanked: 307 times
- May 12, 2019 at 12:51 pm #176793
- May 12, 2019 at 11:37 am #176778RickyLadyRegistered On: May 5, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 34Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 82 times
- May 12, 2019 at 6:19 am #176690Abby WintersLadyRegistered On: February 7, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 27Has thanked: 153 timesBeen thanked: 103 times
- May 13, 2019 at 8:39 pm #177183Willow FlareLadyRegistered On: April 23, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 41Has thanked: 100 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
You should go out! Find a good night club, and go dancing 🙂 I suggest the Goth scene, since they tend to be very accepting, and willing to stand up for you(I always feels safe because I know half the giant hairy dudes there will step in to protect any lady, no matter what she looks like) but I would also suggest going in drab to check it out first. First time I went out here I immediately ran into a cute couple, one of them a CD/trans individual, and haven’t been out without dressing up since
- May 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm #176543SofiRegistered On: January 31, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 18 times
First – there should be an option: ‘For Women’ – hell, you’ve got ‘For Men’!
I’d tick that – as well as For Me, because ‘for me’ isn’t really selfish, it’s HARD. We all know! it’s about being yourself!
I feel comfortable and I think I can look pretty sexy in nice girly clothes, even without trying to pass…
And I want cis girls to find me as attractive and hot or sexy as I find them when they’ve dressed to put that message out there!
- June 20, 2019 at 6:42 am #191731Stacy Ann MayDuchessRegistered On: May 23, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 36Has thanked: 392 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
I agree that “For Women” should be an option. I’m not trying to attract them, but I am definitely trying to pass as one. I think women have a more critical eye than men, and I am paying attention to every little facet of a woman’s appearance that I possibly can – everything that I think a GG would see and evaluate.
- May 8, 2019 at 9:07 am #175374Shayla ArmstrongLadyRegistered On: May 7, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 72 times
- May 7, 2019 at 7:11 pm #175207Olivia LivinDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 56Replies: 1655Has thanked: 9545 timesBeen thanked: 4719 times
I dress primarily for myself.
While I enjoy at times being looked upon and complimented by others, and feel somewhat spoiled to have someone in my life who appreciates my looks and the women I can be. I really relish when she is out of town and I have my time alone to dress, experiment and relax, with only my own expectations to consider.
- May 9, 2019 at 1:23 pm #175848AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Time alone often heavenly
- May 5, 2019 at 8:53 am #174508rebekka mooreLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 96Replies: 1108Has thanked: 689 timesBeen thanked: 2811 times
- May 5, 2019 at 7:32 am #174485JackieAmbassadorRegistered On: February 18, 2016Topics: 28Replies: 180Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 768 times
I primarily dress for myself. I don’t think I own one thread of boy clothes. I dress in whatever clothes I want daily. Even women have stared and complimented the way I look, I love that lol.
- This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Jackie.
- May 5, 2019 at 4:58 am #174456Fiona-Ann MossLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 368Replies: 1176Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3770 times
- May 10, 2019 at 3:30 am #175977AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Fiona………….would you change your style IF you were to have someone ‘take an interest’ in your presentation, even if that interest was purely platonic, like a gg co-worker who suggested some changes in makeup, or to try a high waisted skirt or shorts, or a pair of high heel open toed ankle boots ? Surely someone would have some influence on how you present !!!
- May 4, 2019 at 11:50 am #174238AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Always myself, but with a view to the occasion and people who are likely to see me.
I won’t walk down the street in bra, panties and heels, but I would like some beach time in a swimsuit – and not upset anyone!
- May 4, 2019 at 3:01 am #174072Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 464Has thanked: 344 timesBeen thanked: 1171 times
Jumping on the selfish bastard bandwagon. Much as I’m gratified to see how much enjoyment my ladyfriends here seem to get out of seeing me dressed… at the end of the day I do it for that sense of catharsis, of completion, which only seems to happen when my yin and yang as it were are in balance. And yes, that means giving equal consideration to my manly self; getting too immersed in Val comes with its own set of dangers.
So yes… long story short I’m an opera singer. “Me me me me meeeee!” 😉
- May 2, 2019 at 8:55 pm #173750Michelle BrownRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 222Has thanked: 4437 timesBeen thanked: 913 times
- May 2, 2019 at 7:42 pm #173739Michelle LiefdeAmbassadorRegistered On: May 27, 2018Topics: 59Replies: 1178Has thanked: 1995 timesBeen thanked: 1714 times
- May 2, 2019 at 6:16 pm #173729
- May 1, 2019 at 6:46 am #173382rhondaLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 137Has thanked: 1306 timesBeen thanked: 320 times
- April 29, 2019 at 10:22 pm #173003СамантаManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 525Replies: 1444Has thanked: 8791 timesBeen thanked: 4968 times
I dress for myself, according to my own tastes and sense of style. Within these parameters I try to find clothes in colors, patterns or styles that work with my complexion or body shape, or that I just feel like look nice on me. Because when you feel like you look nice you tend to feel more confident and radiant. So although my own taste in style is paramount, in a sense I’m also dressing for other people in general because once I step out the door I hope to be able to be seen as pretty, attractive, respectable.
If I’m going to spend the day hiding inside my house it doesn’t matter as much. I’ll wear stuff I’d never want anyone but my closest friends to see me in, if it feels comfortable.
- April 29, 2019 at 4:29 pm #172931Ashley ElizabethLadyRegistered On: November 13, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 16Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 48 times
I dress for myself… it is a self expression of me..! Whether I am in day to day male drab or wearing beautiful feminine attire it is simply an expression of who I am. I am neither one or the other. In fact, I have said it before, but it is more of simply just pieces of an intricate puzzle, that when fit together create a unique and beautiful picture.
- April 29, 2019 at 4:54 am #172757AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I DRESS for my wife, the only person who’s seen me………..she likes to see me, on those evenings we do this, as sexy in a high end hooker way, so I DRESS to please…………..I have this overcoming urge to SEDUCE her visually with how I dress…….seems to be working…………seduced every time !!! Is it me and my ability to become this silken creature………..or something else ??? Don’t want to go there, has to be how sexy I am……………
- June 20, 2019 at 4:36 am #191696SofiRegistered On: January 31, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 18 times
You’re a very lucky girl Mikki, I’m struggling to get my (ex-ish) Wife to accept me for what I finally accepted myself as a couple of years ago but she still feels the pain of my deceit, years of lies etc etc but I know we’re soulmates and I’m not giving up on her, ever 🙂
- April 29, 2019 at 8:31 am #172810Kathy JacksonLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 109Has thanked: 6125 timesBeen thanked: 444 times
- April 29, 2019 at 4:07 am #172749EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 29Replies: 778Has thanked: 4773 timesBeen thanked: 2708 times
- April 28, 2019 at 11:03 pm #172709LadyRegistered On: April 23, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 41Has thanked: 100 timesBeen thanked: 84 times
- April 28, 2019 at 6:53 pm #172685Davina EvansLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 97Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 298 times
- April 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm #172676AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I selected myself and people in general.
I wear what I like, as long as I believe that outfit looks reasonably well on me.
The people in general because if going out I don’t control who will see me. Or even if not going out anybody with internet access can find my photos even if they may wish they didn’t! 😆
- April 28, 2019 at 10:29 pm #172702
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.