Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I struggled for months trying to figure out what look, style. color and length I desired. After much research I pulled the trigger and bought a nice Noriko mid back straight light brown wig. I was in heaven ! Though my style has changed a little over time I have not looked back but to remember my first wig with great fondness.What was/is the length of your first wig you purchased?

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My role model and inspiration for dressing was Daisy Duke. I wanted to look like her and be her. I started with pantyhose, short shorts and heels. The when I began going fully femme, I was inspired by if it was something Daisy would wear. When I bought my wigs, I looked for something that looked like Daisy’s hair.

It was so uch fun and so exciting impersonating or trying to impersonate Daisy.

My first wig was shoulder length with bangs in a auburn color and I am wearing it in my profile picture. It’s what I wore for my first public outing so it will always have a special place in my heart.   I have recently purchased a ash blonde wig that I really like and it gives me a completely different look…Stephanie

I own a few wigs, the first one is the prettiest got it from a shop that caters to crossdressers, a couple more I ordered from Amazon, no the best place for purchasing wigs, but they are fun to just wear around the house, I have a few more coming in the mail, hope they are better.  I cant wait till we get back to some sort of normalcy because I really need to get out as Amanda, been ok to dress around the house,  but definitely need to get out

My own hair is very long already, reaching between my shoulder blades.  I also have my mother’s hair, and it is very fine, not thick.

My first “wig” isn’t a wig at all, it was clip-on bangs.  They matched my hair color so perfectly you can’t tell that the bangs aren’t my real hair.  My forehead looks masculine, so any style wig I use has to cover my forehead.

I still go out sometimes wearing the bangs.  Other times I will wear a wig, but I often use one in the same color as my hair so that the ends of my hair stick out.

My first wig was shoulder length, very full and red haired.

I had been wanting to go all the way for many years and one Christmas everything fit for me to have several days all to myself. I went to a mall in the Twin Cities, and shopped for an outfit at a Lane Bryant store. The sales girl was wonderful and helped me pick out lingerie (including some sleepwear), stockings, a cute skirt and top. Next I went to Payless for shoes, then on to a Merle Norman store for my wig, again the sales girl was amazing and we tried on wigs for over an hour before finding the one I fell in love with. After that cosmetics, some bling, and home for three days as Genivieve!

My first wig was an inexpensive one with a short length that covered my neck.

Aloce

Leonara
      Ambassador

Jamie,
      I wanted to complete my CD and feminine journey by
      purchasing a wig. I decided to go to a cd/tg friendly boutique to receive input and guidance on my purchase. In Feminine mode, I was pampered and tried on several wigs for the desired look to be the woman I wish to be…. I chose a brown shoulder length wig with blond highlights… It felt so natural. I was expressing my feminity…
      That was the first of three wigs. However, I chose the short blond wig for my profile photo after my
      second makeover..

Anonymous

Hi Jamie , I prefer a longer wig , at least shoulder length , helps to disguise broader shoulders & for me allows style changes 😊😊🌹 Tiff

Anonymous

I’ve only got the one wig and it is shoulder length, I’ve been meaning to get round to getting a couple more, i would like one that just covers the back of my neck and one that goes a lot farther down my back, also i would like them to be in different colours just to see what i would look like as maybe a blonde or a brunette or a redhead x

Anonymous

I’ve grown my hair out and dyed it to a light beige blonde. So I don’t do wigs anymore. Inserts and extensions…yes babies!

But in considering wigs you do have to look around at GG’s to detect who is actually wearing wigs and what they look like. And unless you are prepared to shuck some serious bucks and get top grade natural hair you will be noticed, Also consider that wigs do demand a lot of care.

Generally with GG’s the longer the hair the poorer the condition it will be. No one with mid back hair has the shine and color of a wig. Few GG’s wear their hair full out and styled day-to-day.

Finally consider that although a wig may come close it will not flow and behave like real hair, especially in the wind.

My first was around the bra strap length and bought on ebay in what would be low cost ($75 USD). Suited my needs fine and I still have it now even though it’s around 12 or 13 years old, FYI I would not even consider wearing again. I bought a nice wig in 2009 that was a little past shoulders which became my normal for a long time. About 10 years ago I went on a buying spree and acquired around 14 to 16 wigs I think. Since I have sold some and most I will never wear.

There are a lot of dynamics that go into how a wigs looks on a person so that spree helped me find My Style. Now my Go-To is shoulder length and I wear this 95% of the time. Occasionally I will wear one of the others but only have a couple I even consider.

Sandy

My first wig is my only wig It’s a Eva Gabor shoulder length honey blonde with lighter highlights .It isn’t the most expensive wig that’s available but ive taken care of it and washed it as I was instructed to by the manufacturer and it still looks as good as it ever did .I’ve looked at other wigs but haven’t found one that I like better than the one I’ve got.

I too was a Daisy Duke fan way back when and got hooked on her short shorts and belly blouses. Still enjoy the look in the summer months

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Mine was midway and love how it feels on my bare back.  It can be annoying when sitting in a chair……….but swinging it to the front and putting a flower on the side makes me feel pretty and so girly………….karley

Anonymous

It was short, a long forgotten cast of mom’s that I found in some boxes in the basement..

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Shortish to the base of my neck,  curls and with a fringe to hide my “big” male browbone. Brunette. (See Photos in my profile of “the good old days”

For a very short time straight and bobbed, with again a fringe.

Favorite that is “me” is the strawberry blonde, shoulder length that you see in my CDH profile photo.

OTHERS: Those that match my period costumes. IE Scarlett O Caty and “Lady Catherine”. Again see photos in my profile.

Caty

First wig is a grey tomboy that I wear in my pictures.  I feel like I hit a home run with it.  I feel wonderful with it…like it’s captured part of the essence of who Anne is.  I like how it looks age appropriate for me yet it’s a style that others have sported like Halle Berry.

I’ve only had one wig. It’s a 70s curled style auburn color that is shoulder length. It’s an inexpensive costume wig. I’m wearing it in my profile photo. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money at the time, since it was early in my exploration. I’m very much considering upgrading to a more natural looking and better feeling wig.

Emily
      Lady

Fun question! As has been mentioned, my taste and style have changed over the years. I now have a few wigs of varying lengths and colors. My favorite is a brown bob style. It’s made of real human hair so it is easy to take care of and doesn’t tangle like some of the longer synthetics. It certainly pays not to  be cheap when choosing a wig.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Haven’t worn nor needed to wear wigs since I started growing my hair out three years ago. Now my own hair is down to bottom of my bra strap(mid back) and I just keep it up in a high ponytail at work-though that still means it’s hanging down about 3-4 inches below my shoulder even then. All my ecent pics are my own natural hair-no coloring and no extensions.
      Cyn

Gail
      Lady

I adore the feeling of my wig touching and caressing my shoulders, it gives me a Girly Chill all over.

My first wig purchase was also my first seriously expensive femme choice.  I was almost 23 and had just recently had to my hair cut pretty short for work (back then your job could make you get a cut).  The only wig salon in town was an Eva Gabor Shop, and in the early 80’s, they were quite expensive.

I picked a shoulder length with light curling and came down to my shoulders and was just a little lighter than my natural auburn.  I think I had that wig for well over 10 years before I finally donated it.

PaulaF

I actually have long hair…. So I’ve never worn a wig

Brandi
      Lady

Hi Jamie,

Like a medium length wig with some curls. Shoulder length is what Brandi prefers and the color would be a strawberry blonde.

Hugs,

Brandi

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

All five of my wigs are shoulder length. The first two had no bangs, the last three all had bangs.

Bangs are the new botox:)

Fiona Black
          Baroness - Annual

Yep, helps cover the “11’s” between my eyebrows.

I have 2 wigs. One was shoulder length and the second was pretty short. They were purchased maybe 9 years ago. However, since I retired in 2016 and moved to the SoCal desert, I have only worn them 2 or 3 times. Wigs are not really compatible with desert weather. My alternative has been hats and baseball caps. On occasion I have been referred to as “The Hat Lady”.

Every wig I’ve ever owned has been shoulder length. It’s a length that’s always felt right for me. For the most part, they’ve all been straight too. A change might be nice.

Hi girls,

My chosen hairdo, wig style, is a “Bob” with swept bangs that just touches my shoulders, so I guess it would be considered short. It is, by far, the easiest hairstyle I have ever had! Easy to maintain, easy to wash, easy to brush/comb, and best of all, easy to wear!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?