• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Lea.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

You can file this under “unusable trivia” if you’d like, but after nearly 25-years of marriage, I noticed something about my wife this morning that I’d never noticed before – and I’m sharing it with you because it MAY make a difference for some of you…

For the FIRST time, I noticed how my wife hangs up her clothes…(let’s be clear, I WASN’T borrowing anything – because that’s a no-no)…however, I noticed (possibly because she’s left-handed) that she hangs her clothes with the hook of the hanger facing away and the front of the garment facing the right side of the closet (in relation to the person standing at the closet).

She ALSO (again, I never noticed this before) uses a color-coordinated plastic hangers. In other words, if the blouse is pink, it will be on a pink hanger…

I, on the other hand, (possibly because I’m Right-handed) will hang garments with the hanger hook facing away, but the front of the garment is always facing the LEFT side of the closet – in relation to the person standing at the closet…and I DON’T color-coordinate the hangers.

So, I tell you girls this, because IF you’re “borrowing” things from your SO without her knowledge and permission – and think you’re getting away with it…she may, in actuality, know more than you think – and you may be showing a “tell” (as they say in poker) …by how you hang-up your clothes!

Just something to think about…and you’re welcome! LOL!

Hugs, Shawna

I am right handed and hang my clothes  with the hook facing away and the front of the garment facing right. My late wife did the same. I never borrowed her clothes either but do now because many of them fit me.

Anonymous

Just a point of clarification…because now that I re-read my original post, I didn’t say all I meant to say…

The point was that everyone does things in their own way – and most will realize when someone else comes along and makes adjustments…the difference in how my wife and I treat our clothing just made me think of it…

Hugs!

Shawna

I am right handed ,and all my hangers face towards me and all the fronts to the left.

I am married to a “leftie” and have noticed the same. Do not use her clothes so no problem on that front.
      However, she worked in a clothing store and caused havoc to the majority of the clients, because of this trait. Managed to control it at work but at home it is just as you say, Shawna.
      I think your point is well made, if you are still unable to let your SO know then you need to be aware of so many little idiosyncrasies.
      Davina

Trinity
      Lady

This post made me laugh… not the post in itself but because my wife has no rhyme or reason to how her things are hung and me being former army I have hangers hook facing to back and all clothing is facing front to the right and now over the last few years I have added in color to hangers such as all my dresses and fem tops are on pink hangers my Norte Dame shirts are all on blue hangers ect. It’s my own dewy decimal system so to speak.

Lea
      Lady

That’s a really good tip about being careful how you borrow things and put them back.

Covert ops…

I learned over the years from borrowiing that it’s important to pay attention to every detail, like how you see in a spy movie. The way the drawer or closet is initially closed, the space between items, the direction they are pointing, even the folds in the clothes. If you must borrow (and many of us have had to for a variety of reasons), be absolutely sure you know how to put it all back exactly.

It’s also good to have a backup plan in case you can’t get it all back in place. For example, I often close a drawer or closet immediately – that buys some time in case of a surprise visit during a dressing session.

I’ve also had the opposite problem. How to leave a trail that my disorganized wife would actually notice and lead to a discussion.

I’ve recently noticed that I think I’ve always had some feminine mannerisms and walk. I don’t really try to cover it up but it’s also not very noticeable at least it wasn’t to me. It probably is to others but I feel like it may be more noticeable when I’m feeling more confident.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?