First Transgender m...

Notifications
Clear all

First Transgender man appointed to the Democratic National Congress!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Thanks
Admin
Topic starter
(@cdh)
Famed Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America
wpf-cross-image

This has been a good week for the transgendered in politics. Diego Sanchez was the first transgender man named to a committee at  the Democratic National Congress. He was appointed by Howard Dean, and will help promote anti-discrimination laws to protect gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. You can find some more information about his appointment here and more information from the Boston Herald here. I think it's a wonderful thing for the Democratic Party to recognize the valuable contributions of all it's members.

I also think it's particularly important those in the transgender community to rally around our brothers. Often times you hear about male to female transsexuals, and less so do you hear about the struggles that our brothers need to go through to bring their lives into balance with who they are. Congratulations to Diego! I'm looking forward to a fantastic election year, where civil liberties are advanced, and the human dignity of all is recognized.

Hugs
Vanessa

2 Replies
(@Tracy)

How nausseating that someone gets into office to further the cause of one group of people.

No matter what you are about personally, the government of our country was set up to afford us all freedoms and people penetrating gov't offices in order to exploit it for personal gain or for gain of a small group is a gross abuse of our system and why we can't get anything done for all the bickering in D.C. b/c they are all activist for one group or another.

(@Tracy)

Tracy,

I agree with you, and I disagree with you.
I agree that it would be disgusting for any person to get into office and solely advance the cause of one group of people. As elected officials it's their job to look out for the well being of all citizens, and not to place any group of people above another. The bickering and tit-for-tat politics of today is shameful and divides us when we most need to be united.

I disagree with your implied comment that a person of a minority group would only look out for their minority group. I think it's vital to have all segments of society represented in our governing body. Since it is very difficult to understand the needs and circumstances of others unless you can deeply empathize with them. Diversity in our governing body allows all segments of society to be accurately represented. And it should allow us to reach solutions which benefit all of us, not just the majority.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?