Who are you ? Poll is created on Mar 19, 2024

[Closed] How do you refer to yourself

20 Posts
18 Users
62 Thanks
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 91593)
Estimable Member

I've noticed a very interesting nuance in the way some of us refer to ourselves . 

I'll use my name in the example. Some say 

"Kay went out to the wine bar last night"

Others 

"I went to the wine bar last night"

Which do you use ? I can't see , and it's no criticism ,why someone would refer to themselves in the 3rd person . Is it a case of separating the female personna from the rest of their life ? I genuinely don't know . Don't get me wrong I'm not losing sleep just interested .

Myself,  I am Kay , Kay is me x

19 Replies
3 Replies
Lady
(@paulapantyhose)

Estimable Member     western part of state, Texas, United States of America

@kayt I is fluid for me, I am Paula here and when dressed.  I refer to HH(Handsome Husband) as my male self when I am here. 

When not here or presenting as Paula, then I refers to HH since only my wife, your girls here and a few  staff members at my prefered work hotel know about Paula.

Duchess
(@loneleycd)

Noble Member     Roland, Iowa, United States of America

@kayt 

I really never thought about this, but I usually say I/me or I might say going out presenting as Cassie. 

Cassie

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@kayt 

Myself,  I am Kay , Kay is me x

Same here.

For me it's kind of simple. I'm Ellie. There's no separation; I'm not 'her' one minute and 'me' the next. Of course in my case I'm trans, so that's what you'd expect 🙂

I think this is a great question though.

It's going to be very interesting reading the responses!

*Ellie opens a pack of popcorn and sits back in her chair*

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

I never really thought about it. But as you ask use the 'I' went out, did this or whatever. 

Duchess
(@alison-anderson)
Noble Member     Middlesex county, New Jersey, United States of America

I will generally use the first person when talking about myself. But sometimes I'll refer to myself in the third person depending on the situation.

I'll use third person (or more likely use Alison) sometimes to distinguish that I did something en femme. So instead of saying "I went to the store en femme," I might say "I went to the store as Alison," or "Alison went to the store." Sometimes I'll use "girl mode" too. I rarely refer to myself as "she" except for poetic license.

If I'm speaking in person (rather than in the forums), I might use air quotes around Alison to mean I did something en femme.

I guess it just depends on the mood, and sometimes on the question or the way a question (or reply) is phrased.

Duchess Annual
(@firefly)
Noble Member     Panama, Panama, Panama

Me. I am Gisela, Gisela is me. But once in a while I use the expressions Gisela time or as Gisela.

Duchess Annual
(@trishamorgan)
Eminent Member     Kingman, Arizona, United States of America

I clicked on 'I say me' only because there was not an option to say 'both.'  As I am so new to this, so far everything has been in writing, and I generally write as Trisha, with the occasional third person side note like 'Trisha likes, or Trisha is', etc.  I'm about to meet face to face for the first time with someone as Trisha.  In that setting I will be Trisha and Trisha will be me.  

2 Replies
(@Anonymous 91593)

Estimable Member

@trishamorgan.  Oops . I thought id made it multi option. At least it's getting us talking 👍

Duchess Annual
(@trishamorgan)

Eminent Member     Kingman, Arizona, United States of America

@kayt Talking is always a good thing.  And we girls have so much to talk about.  (Giggle)

(@jacquelinelarkspur)
Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

I'm in Team I/Me, for pretty much the same reasons as Alison gave. When I'm dressed I think of myself as Jacqueline. It's my female persona, but it's still me. 

Interesting question.

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)
Noble Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

I will always use the first person, unless in a rare instance doing so is confusing - i.e. I'm in guy-mode and talking as if I'm not, and then for clarity may refer to Melodee in the 3rd person. Though mostly this is only when chatting with the GF.

Lady
(@steffief)
Trusted Member     Missouri, United States of America

I guess I never really thought about differentiated myself...I wouldn't say that Steffie and I went out last night (besides might raise some eyebrows with the SO)...So for me...I am just me.

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)
Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

It’s first person for me. There may be odd time when I refer to myself in the third person, so I may say “Lucy mode” or “boy mode”, but generally it’s I/Me

Hostess
(@misssamantha)
Estimable Member     Bromley, London, United Kingdom

Oh, this a great question.

Like Jacqueline above, I am in the Team Me camp.

When I am dressed and the final touches are done, I am Samantha completely in mind and spirit when that feminine energy is at 100% (or more lol) I have perfected even my Samantha signature too!

Only been referred to as "her" once when I worked in an office, that is something I will never forget..

Hugs,

Samantha Blow Kiss  

Duchess
(@karla1958)
Honorable Member     Not in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America

I always use first person.  There are times when my wife will ask "Is Karla going to visit tomorrow?"  At that point I will say "Yes, I believe she will."  That is the only time I will use third person.  Once I'm dressed as Karla, it is still first person.

Lady
(@mary)
Prominent Member     Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Interesting. I use the terminology of I. But, if I hurt myself,or do something silly causing damage, I go, "You drongo." 

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

I'm aware I use both.  I'm sure that I use 'I/me' more when I'm in full Fiona mode or at least significantly dressed, but 'Fiona/her' more when I'm in drab - but neither one exclusively in those situations. Confusing, eh? 🙂  Sometimes I'll just choose whatever will make my comment sound brighter or more humorous!

Lady
(@jillannquinn)
Prominent Member     Reno, Nevada, United States of America

I suppose I say “I” almost exclusively. I will refer to needing or preparing to dress as Jill-mode or Jill-time as in “I really need some Jill-time,” or “I can’t wait to go into Jill-mode” when the pink fog is hitting me hard. But for the most part I just use the first person, “I”. Although a fun side note: The second time I applied my makeup (the first was a disaster of epic proportions) it came out so well (I can only assume divine intervention) that I decided to get fully dressed. As I walked in to my bathroom and looked in the mirror at myself as a woman, I said out loud “Hi Jill, it’s so nice to finally meet you.”

Thanks for the great question and an excuse to share my silly story!

Hugs to all of you who make this site such a wonderful place! Jill

Duchess Annual
(@catgurl)
Noble Member     Marietta, Georgia, United States of America

I always refer to myself in the first person. 

I am the same person, regardless of what type of clothing I am wearing. 

People use different names throughout their lifetime.  Yet, they remain the same person.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?