Angela Booth
Hostess

From the replies the first thing is to be sure you want to present as female full time as I could see problems with gender fluidity. There are some very good points made already so all I can add are my experiences.

I have applied for jobs as Angela, although I haven’t changed my name. I sent in the C.V. and made a covering letter to say that I present as female.

I have applied for six jobs since going full time and I made the interview on all of them. I didn’t check their policies on LGBT, I went in cold. I was a bit worried at first that I may be seen as a ‘freak show’ but it couldn’t have been further from the truth. I attended and had a proper interview. One I didn’t get because I knew I flunked a couple of questions. One I didn’t want and the rest I was offered.

In every case I said that if they felt there would be issues with customers or clients I would accept being declined but still got the jobs having had no issues at all. The head office had my official details and everything else in the work place was in my name. I had good relations with my co workers, associates and customers alike. My main worry was how people would react as it would not be made known that I was trans. I am sure there were a few ‘looks’ but if we started to talk business everything evaporated around my appearance as I was talking shop. The phone calls are a bit of an issue. I always said my name and used my best voice and as we were talking ‘shop’ it all went well. 

You have made the interview so your C.V. must be attractive and, as I say, it is what you have to offer them that is the deciding principle, not how you dress.

I hope you receive a positive answer and it all goes well and, either way, be confident and go for it.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?